• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

everybody get up it's time to slam now we got a real jam going down

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I DIDN'T WATCH JUMANJI FOR A GOOD DECADE AFTER I FIRST SAW IT BECAUSE THAT MOVIE FREAKED ME OUT AND I'M PRETTY IT IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL OF MY EMOTIONAL STRESS IN LIFE!!!!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I DIDN'T WATCH JUMANJI FOR A GOOD DECADE AFTER I FIRST SAW IT BECAUSE THAT MOVIE FREAKED ME OUT AND I'M PRETTY IT IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL OF MY EMOTIONAL STRESS IN LIFE!!!!!
200px-132Ditto.png

For me, I'm not a massive fan of 'camp classics' or 'so bad it's good' type of stuff. As much as this is going to make me sound prudish and boring, I like stuff that is actually good! However, and this is a big however, I'm firmly of the belief that something can be empirically bad but still be phenomenally entertaining. Case in point: For Love's Sake, a Japanese live-action musical retelling of Romeo & Juliet that just happens to forget the fact that West Side Story exists. I imagine on every level of production, WSS is 'better' than FLS. FLS has stunted acting and dialogue, forgettable musical numbers, random-ass choreography and a whole crazy crate of lol-worthy moments (and yes, it slightly killed me to type the phrase 'lol-worthy' online but it's REALLY the only word that does justice to just how random those moments are). I also know that the minute it comes out in cinemas or on DVD I'll be first in line to see it again. As for West Side Story? No desire at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I should bring this other "so bad it's good" movie: Birdemic. This movie competes with The Room for best worst movie with its wooden acting, movie maker CGI, and home video-style quality. It's also getting a sequel.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Fun fact: The only piece of memorabilia I have from my childhood is a Space Jam alarm clock.

I only came to post in this thread to dispute your claim that Space Jam is a bad movie, but I don't have any evidence against this. *shrug* You're still wrong.

Anyway if I remember right, this gem plays during the credits:

If you were not a child in the 90's, man you're missing out. Good, good times.

Oh, and I didn't answer your actual question. See Crater Lake Monster, MST3K style because they riff better than you and your friends.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Like others have said, Napoleon Dynamite fits the category well. I think another film would be The Other Guys. I hated that film at first because I thought it was horrible in general, but since my first time I have seen it I like it a bit more.

I loooooove Space Jam! I have it on VHS XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Anyone remember Samurai Cop? The movie about a dude who walks around his city and sometimes gets shot at, and chills at home in a speedo? Me neither. I think what makes the movie so bad it's good is just about everything, from poorly edited chase scenes, to terrible acting, to speeches even George Bush would be ashamed of.

Click (Adam Sandler) was a good movie, in essence, but that's because it was one of those slapstick comedies that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, is probably really, really terrible when you think about it, but jesus christ you're watching it for the twelfth time tonight. Then again, that's how I feel about most movies nowadays.

Back