• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I feel like I had no childhood now. x:

I still have old VHS tapes around, but no VCR haha. I actually just bought the original Pokemon movie...but I can't watch it. I:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A Goofy Movie was like a sequel-movie to the Goof Troop cartoon show. Max was suddenly a teenager and it was a lot darker than the TV show was. Bigfoot dancing disco is hilarious though. (And then there was the unnecessary An Extremely Goofy Movie sequel)

But, that's not what I was referring to. I meant the shorts. You know the old ones? The how-to shorts, with the narrator. How to drive on a freeway. How to play baseball. How to do gymnastics.

They had released a couple more in the last decade or so. Like Goofy demonstrating how to set up a complicated home theatre system.

I love those Goofy shorts

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Did they ever get a revival of sorts in the animated short department? Like Disney did through House of Mouse in the early 2000s. That birthed new Goofy shorts and I was a happy camper. They ever make more? Like around the release of Space Jam or something?
You can find a couple of new shorts on DVDs and things like that. There was a webseries back in...I wanna say 2000 or 2001. There were around 50 or 60 shorts produced under that banner. I hear they're pretty impossible to find these days.

I'm a fan of the new The Looney Tunes show. I've read some pretty mixed reaction to the series, but I love that it pretty much takes these characters and plops them into what is essentially a sitcom.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
A Goofy Movie was like a sequel-movie to the Goof Troop cartoon show. Max was suddenly a teenager and it was a lot darker than the TV show was. Bigfoot dancing disco is hilarious though. (And then there was the unnecessary An Extremely Goofy Movie sequel)

But, that's not what I was referring to. I meant the shorts. You know the old ones? The how-to shorts, with the narrator. How to drive on a freeway. How to play baseball. How to do gymnastics.

They had released a couple more in the last decade or so. Like Goofy demonstrating how to set up a complicated home theatre system.

I love those Goofy shorts
Yeah I know you meant that, it just suddenly made me remember the movie. Though I absolutely love those shorts! They are the best!!

Anyone remember Animaniacs?!

Years
And speaking of old cartoons, I prefer Tom and Jerry honestly :)

I could watch that all day long.

Ryoutarou said:
I'm a fan of the new The Looney Tunes show. I've read some pretty mixed reaction to the series, but I love that it pretty much takes these characters and plops them into what is essentially a sitcom.

I've seen parts of that—it's pretty fun. Though I don't watch TV at all anymore. Nothing like the original Tunes, too. Will E. Coyote never gets old.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I learned all the United States thanks to Animaniacs.

ps: Helloooo nurse!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I watched Animaniacs when I was very young but can't remember anything about it other than an episode about Woodstock and the Pinky and the Brain intro theme. God I loved it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yeah I know you meant that, it just suddenly made me remember the movie. Though I absolutely love those shorts! They are the best!!

Anyone remember Animaniacs?!
Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid

Warner Bros. had a pretty good lineup in the early 90s. My favourites were Freakazoid and Pinky & the Brain. Never liked Tiny Toons. I liked some shorts more than other in Animaniacs. Liked Good Idea, Bad Idea. Goodfeathers. Didn't like Slappy the Squirrel that much or Mindy and Buttons.

Oh, and Batman. That WB too

Years
OMG BEST BUDDIES. I don't watch TV anymore…I don't have a good TV show sense honestly :) I will catch a couple of sitcoms (George Lopez, or whatever) and a couple of AFHVs but that's as far as I go with TV.

I actually don't turn the TV on at all if it's not to watch a movie with someone or play a bit of video games. And the latter is rare in itself. College takes over some part of your life, and your passions over the rest. TV is certainly not one of my passions. I prefer reading or playing guitar.

droomph

weeb
Years
I actually don't turn the TV on at all if it's not to watch a movie with someone or play a bit of video games. And the latter is rare in itself. College takes over some part of your life, and your passions over the rest. TV is certainly not one of my passions. I prefer reading or playing guitar.
Lol, I haven't gone near the TV for at least half a year, at least, except for the things that you mentioned xD Though I haven't played video games or watched a movie in a couple months, either…

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I watched Animaniacs when I was very young but can't remember anything about it other than an episode about Woodstock and the Pinky and the Brain intro theme. God I loved it.

I rewatched some Animaniacs episodes the other day that took me aback because there were so many jokes that went over our little heads. The most innocent cartoons I can think of from our younger years are Arthur and Doug.

Years
um what's animaniacs? Is it like some sort of Toonami Network thing?
It's a cartoon show about the Warner Brothers (and the Warner Sister): Yakko, Wakko, and Princess Angelina Contesa Louisa Francesca Banana-Fanna Bo Besca the Third, but you can call her Dot.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
um what's animaniacs? Is it like some sort of Toonami Network thing?
Animaniacs was a cartoon show in early '90s about the Warner brothers (and their sister, Dot) - old timey-esque cartoon characters who were locked away in the water tower of the WB lot in Burbank and then broke free. Lots of slapstick cartoon violence of yesteryear with timely pop culture references. The Warners and their interactions on the backlot with Warner security were mostly surrounding pieces for animated sketches featuring other characters - most notably Pinky and the Brain.

A byproduct of the success of Who Framed Roger Rabbit where cartoon characters go to work on studio lots in the real world. Spielberg was a collaborator on that movie, as was Disney. And there was a rights dispute for some time. Disney created a cartoon show around the same time called Bonkers that was of a similar premise (cartoon character assisting a cop on the beat), while Spielberg produced Animaniacs which focused more on the toons at a studio angle.

I liked Yakko the best.

I rewatched some Animaniacs episodes the other day that took me aback because there were so many jokes that went over our little heads. The most innocent cartoons I can think of from our younger years are Arthur and Doug.
Doug was awesome. I love that show.

The Beets, Quailman. Funkytown. Great show.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023

I still watch Arthur from time to time, it's such a fun show. I caught a recent new episode and...it was so bad. Apparently the animation studios changed a few times and now it's in the hands of a South Korean studio that does terrible work with the show. Body parts move as if they're not connected to the bodies and the outline on everything is so thick. Poor show, you were so good too!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I still watch Arthur from time to time, it's such a fun show. I caught a recent new episode and...it was so bad. Apparently the animation studios changed a few times and now it's in the hands of a South Korean studio that does terrible work with the show. Body parts move as if they're not connected to the bodies and the outline on everything is so thick. Poor show, you were so good too!

I do too (glad I'm not alone! I named my roommate's big-headed, obese cat after Binky.), I try to catch old episodes anyway, for the reasons you mentioned.

I take it you all know One Saturday Morning then :o which comprised pepper Ann, Recess, Doug, all that good stuff. Here's a little nostalgia for you:

gives me chills

droomph

weeb
Years
You mean, the "And I say, HEY! It's a wonderful time of day! Where you can…" Arthur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back