• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Thought I'd start a new topic here, haha. I hope you don't mind, Jelli! Anyway, here it goes. If you were to give pre-evolved form to any fairy-type, which would you select? Why? How would you want this Pokémon to look?

Of course not! ^u^
This place is all welcoming to any discussion (new or old) about the little fairies!

Hello hello! I swear I will slow down on the amount of clubs I'm joining!! .__.

But I adore fairy types!

Username: Shhmew
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff
Why you like Fairies: They're always either super adorable or super beautiful. And those are the type of Pokemon I like best! Plus the typing is very nice and helpful to have in your team. I like the balance it brings too, calming down dragon types and giving poison types a little more usefulness.

By the way, my favorite fairy type is probably Sylveon, though I wanted to be original so I chose another I really like, Wigglytuff. :D

I'm afraid I don't understand the current topic though. Do you mean, choose a fairy type to give a pre-evolution to? Because that seems pretty limited, considering most already have a pre-evolution or already have 3 in their line.

I guess Carbink though :D that might be cute.
Well don't slow down for us! Post as much as you'd like, here. c:
Wigglytuff is indeed adorable. It's one of my favorites when in Pokemon Amie! And Sylveon is completely amazing, as are ALL of the Fairies, but it takes the cake in many ways.
So welcome to our club! Please feel free to discuss the Fairy type and it's Pokemon all you wish! (pictures (that are appropriate to our site) are always fun and welcomed)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
WAT why I no here sooner? D:

Username:
Strawberry
Partner Pokemon:
700.png
683.png
Why you like Fairies:
Because they're perfect in all ways, duh. Not only do they serve as the ultimate check to dragons, but many of them have, in my opinion, beautiful if not immaculate designs. A lot of the re-typed Pokemon fit flawlessly into the fairy typing, and they seem to just "work" for me. Fairy Pokemon touch on many of the things I felt were missing from the Pokemon world, like a sense of balance and femininity-- in a masculine way. ;) I discovered how much Pokemon can still impact and surprise me after so many years; and I respect that.​
Answer a Topic!:
How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
The way I see it, the Fairy type is still in beta. There were so many Dark/Steel Pokemon released and retyped after Gen II, there's no way we've seen the end of current Pokemon gaining a fairy typing. Not to mention the potential for new Baby/Mega Pokemon. One opportunity I thing they missed was Cresselia. That Pokemon fits the Fae class perfectly, yet sadly it remains Psychic. Hopefully that will be fixed, haha. Another one is Cherrim. Its sunny disposition makes it a great potential addition to the Fairy type. Honorable mentions go to Musharna, Lopunny, Mantine, Mienshao, Audino, Roserade, and Lapras.​
The end. :) ٩꒰ಂ❛ ▿❛ಂ꒱۶♡

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
WAT why I no here sooner? D:

Username:
Strawberry
Partner Pokemon:
700.png
683.png
Why you like Fairies:
Because they're perfect in all ways, duh. Not only do they serve as the ultimate check to dragons, but many of them have, in my opinion, beautiful if not immaculate designs. A lot of the re-typed Pokemon fit flawlessly into the fairy typing, and they seem to just "work" for me. Fairy Pokemon touch on many of the things I felt were missing from the Pokemon world, like a sense of balance and femininity-- in a masculine way. ;) I discovered how much Pokemon can still impact and surprise me after so many years; and I respect that.​
Answer a Topic!:
How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
The way I see it, the Fairy type is still in beta. There were so many Dark/Steel Pokemon released and retyped after Gen II, there's no way we've seen the end of current Pokemon gaining a fairy typing. Not to mention the potential for new Baby/Mega Pokemon. One opportunity I thing they missed was Cresselia. That Pokemon fits the Fae class perfectly, yet sadly it remains Psychic. Hopefully that will be fixed, haha. Another one is Cherrim. Its sunny disposition makes it a great potential addition to the Fairy type. Honorable mentions go to Musharna, Lopunny, Mantine, Mienshao, Audino, Roserade, and Lapras.​
The end. :) ٩꒰ಂ❛ ▿❛ಂ꒱۶♡
Idk why DID it take you so long? >3>

But glad to see you here! Cresselia's leave out did leave me in a little fit, I'll admit. ;n;
They did somewhat make it up by throwing in Mawile and Whimsicott, so I'll give them that much.
I love that you touched on the femininity a lot of the fairy types had. While they of course had Pokemon that were feminine before, I feel like this typing just really catered to the lack of feminine things within Pokemon.

Again glad to see you here and feel free to post as often as you'd like!

While I'm at it:

Diancie was revealed and confirmed just recently as a Rock/Fairy type Pokemon, as well as having an actual connection to Crabink as a sudden mutation of a Carbink. What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?

Shhmew

Years
Cresselia would have been lovely as a fairy. I was personally pretty sad Mew didn't get the fairy typing ;-;

A mutation of Carbink huh? I have absolutely no idea what that could mean in terms of in-game mechanics. ;-; Diancie is very pretty though.

Valerie the Gym Leader

Fairy type Pokemon rule
Years
Diancie was revealed and confirmed just recently as a Rock/Fairy type Pokemon, as well as having an actual connection to Crabink as a sudden mutation of a Carbink. What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?

I don't know but I can't wait to find out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?
Perhaps Team Flare's got something to do with this? They've got five expert scientists, who were perhaps doing some experimental things on Carbink to see if it could mega-evolve? The experiment might have gone wrong, and in result, you've got yourself a Diancie. d: Personally, I love this Pokémon. It looks pretty adorable!

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
Username: Ghost Tamer Tommy [asked for a change to Haunted Cupcake]

Partner Pokemon: Slurpuff [Shiny that i MMed]

Why you like Fairies: Becuase i am a fairy myself of course.And who can say no to the jigglyness of slurpuff!!!

Answer a Topic!: Diancie i think its just an elaborate carbink.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
How do you guys feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
Victini and Celebi seem more like Fairy type rather than Psychic type. The Lake trio are tiny and fit the trope as well. They represent something, like victory, the voice of the forest, and the emotions. Cresselia is the embodiment of sweet dreams and looks iridescent. If they're going to introduce a new typing this late in the franchise, they should have added a few more...

She bathed in the moonlight and mutated into their princess, I don't know! And yet, Carbink are genderless.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Not a big surprise actually, I remember reading somewhere (maybe here?) someone speculate that Carbink is to Diancie what Phione is to Manaphy, i.e. Diancie could breed to produce Carbink, but Carbink cannot evolve into Diancie. Though unlikely, since Carbink can already be found in the while, when you think about it, they can actually breed, so why wouldn't Diancie? Unless it loses the ability to breed upon evolution sudden mutation.

And well, I like Lilith's idea, bathing in the moonlight sounds very fairy-like. Maybe it was a special event that happened only once because of special circumstances?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Oooh actually, that's not that far off, Tommy, since according to the 'dex, Carbink sleep in the ground for hundreds of millions of years before being dug up. Diancie should have been underground for at least a billion years -- the minimum amount of time for a natural diamond to be formed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Username: Ghost Tamer Tommy [asked for a change to Haunted Cupcake]

Partner Pokemon: Slurpuff [Shiny that i MMed]

Why you like Fairies: Becuase i am a fairy myself of course.And who can say no to the jigglyness of slurpuff!!!

Answer a Topic!: Diancie i think its just an elaborate carbink.

Goooosh I'm so late so sorry about that. ;A;
Glad to see another Slurpuff lover! He's just so cute and I always have this image of him helping a baker in a small town bakery carrying flour and then tripping and spilling it everywhere and everyone has a good laugh and giggles. <3

I'm wondering about Diancie: Maybe she's actually a resullt of a piece of the Anistar Sundial colliding with a Carbink. The thing itself is said to be from another world, maybe a piece broke off before it collided with Earth, and upon landing it's power and the power of the legendary Pokemon caused a mutation?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Has the idea that Diancie is Carbink's mega evolution been debunked yet? I heard speculation, but I have no idea if it has any standing.

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years

Goooosh I'm so late so sorry about that. ;A;
Glad to see another Slurpuff lover! He's just so cute and I always have this image of him helping a baker in a small town bakery carrying flour and then tripping and spilling it everywhere and everyone has a good laugh and giggles. <3

I'm wondering about Diancie: Maybe she's actually a resullt of a piece of the Anistar Sundial colliding with a Carbink. The thing itself is said to be from another world, maybe a piece broke off before it collided with Earth, and upon landing it's power and the power of the legendary Pokemon caused a mutation?

Better late than never hahaha no worries. and i would so be the baker in that scenario hahaha :P

I can't wait till the movie is here then we can know about Diancie. all this speculation is driving me mad hahaha.

Years
It's really mysterious how Carbink and Diancie are tied together so I'd love to know more about them. :3 Kind of gives me a Clefairy and Clefable vibe for some reason though haha, now that Lilith mentioned "moonlight." Though I'm a fan of Peitharchia's experimentation idea as well; choices, choices. Definitely going to have to watch this movie.

But yeah, there are a few small legends who seem to be more fairy-looking than whatever their current types are, especially Celebi.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Mr Mime is another one, he looks like someone parents tell their kids to stay away from and Aromatisse and Slurpuff are utterly repulsive, both having the apperence of fat middle aged women from a economically deprived town.

Yeah, well, y'know that's just, like, your opinion, man. I joke, but it's nothing a heaping helping of good fan art can't remedy (or in my case, solidify).

RE: Non Fairy Fairy Likes
Uh, good? Bad? I dunno, I never know how to feel. '3'

RE: Diancie
Do want. That is all.

Here's what I want to know. Why are they all pink? Color means nothing to me as far as stereotypical associations go, I mean I like pink as a color anyhow, but I feel that surely Game Freak and all those associated could have pretended to diversify a little. I guess they thought they'd make up for it in the Flabebe line?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Diancie was revealed and confirmed just recently as a Rock/Fairy type Pokemon, as well as having an actual connection to Carbink as a sudden mutation of a Carbink. What are your thoughts and speculations on Diancie's mysterious origins and purpose?

I'm guessing it's something to do with this mysterious glowing spot in Reflection Cave! I mean like, it's suspicious as heck, and they can't just leave it there. I'm probably guessing that you take a Carbink there, and it transforms into Diancie, and you can only do it once (since it's a legendary?). I just really want to know how Carbink transform, looks like it's going to be interesting. (unless GF be douches and just put up a simple Wi-Fi event.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
"The Diamond Ore Country is a beautiful land located deep underground, where the "Jewel Pokémon" Carbink live in peace and prosperity. In this country, a giant diamond known as the "Sacred Diamond" can be found. The Sacred Diamond has played the role of an important energy resource throughout the ages. However, the princess of the Diamond Ore Country, Diancie, currently does not possess this power.Having encountered Satoshi and Pikachu, Diancie sets out on a journey to save her country; a journey in search of the "Life Pokémon" Xerneas, seeking its sacred power.Along the way, Rocket Gang, the thief named Marilyn, and a Ninja thief attack Diancie. Can Diancie save its country? And what is the fate of Satoshi and Pikachu! Along for the journey are the parent-child combo of Milis and Argos,but on the journey, they find a cocoon where the "Destruction Pokémon" Yveltal, which is said to have once eradicated all life in the Kalos region, sleeps..."

...seems like Diancie has her hands full! Luckily she is being helped by her four Carbink "butlers".

What are your thoughts on the different forms of the four Carbink? Could they be possible events or forms for a later date? Which of the four is your favorite?

Spoiler:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
... oh my god those Carbink are 1) adorable but 2) really quite boring. What's even the point of the different formes? I don't really understand the relevance. :[

Years
Those alternate Carbink forms look kinda interesting but I wonder what they have to do with Diancie, maybe they might be obtainable in the sequel/third version should it be announced anytime soon. As for my fave of the bunch, I really like that one on the top left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back