• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The format of the file is:
[Map ID]
Pokemon,level (x12)
Anything after a # is a comment.
eg
[1]
# Route 1
Pidgey,2
Pidgey,3
Pidgey,2
Ratatta,2
Ratatta,2
Ratatta,2
Ratatta,3
Ratatta,3
Ratatta,3
Pikachu,3
Pikachu,2
Pikachu,2
Larvitar,4

The lower down it is, the rarer it is. The number of entries changes depending on the encounter type - see notes.html.

Years
Wow, Player's PC already? That's amazingly fast! I wonder what features you'll implement once all the Pokemon features are in already.

Anyway, I still would like to know the call script to removing a Pokemon from your party permanently. Because I have a random NPC trade Pokemon with you. Perhaps that could be another thing to implement?

Thanks.
-Krobe

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Can someone help me? I want to add an event which is only active at night. Everyday of course...

Atomic Reactor

tuen switch: s:Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20
on. that way it's only active between 8pm and 6am

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
@ Metroid P:

This should work:

Set the event conditions on 'Switch 0009: s:Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20

Greetz,
Devil_Silver

Oh, and I also have a question:

Is it possible to, if you load a saved file in the game, you get a "Previously on your quest...", like in FireRed & LeafGreen?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Another question/problem

I want to have a different Music Playing at night (Like in D/P) so this is my script:
Spoiler:

The script is doing its work but my hero can't move anymore...Which settings do I have to do?(The 2nd one the setting is AutoRun, too I must changed it before taking screenshot)

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
Years
I think it should look like this:

PAGE I

Conditions: Switch 0009 = on

AUTORUN

Play BGM: - Insert Night BGM here -

--------------------------------

Or if that doesn't work, try the same with 'PARALLEL PROCES'

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Wait it even don't work correctly.

Spoiler:

Autorun is on.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Well I think I set the Event wrong...Now I can walk but the music doesn't change...Maybe someone could make a sample script and post it if not than it doesn't matter. I'll don't add it than.

But thanks for all your help^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I might try editing poccil's scripts tomorrow to support day/night music. I'll post it here if I succeed.

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
Wichu, you rock! Thanks! :D

(Mind if I use your example for my first route? :P)

*FEELS LIKE A IDIOT*

My map ID is the number when I create the new map at the end?

How can I make the Pokemon choice thing?

Land/Water/whatever goes on top of the new encounters, right? Land counts for safari grass too?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys, I get this error when i use the item storage on the PC.

Script error within event 3, map 29 (Pokecentre):
Section088:635:in `pbStartScene'undefined method `pbPrepareWindow' for #<WithdrawItemScene:0x45ae9e0>
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section088:992:in `pbWithdrawItemScreen'
Section095:1821:in `pbPCItemStorage'
Section095:1818:in `pbFadeOutIn'
Section095:1818:in `pbPCItemStorage'
Section095:1811:in `loop'
Section095:1843:in `pbPCItemStorage'
Section095:1903:in `pbTrainerPCMenu'
Section095:1896:in `loop'
Section095:1909:in `pbTrainerPCMenu'
Section095:1963:in `pbPokeCenterPC'
Section095:1922:in `loop'
Section095:1967:in `pbPokeCenterPC'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1614:in `eval'
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1614:in `command_355'
Section018:466:in `execute_command'
Section018:190:in `update'
Section018:104:in `loop'
Section018:195:in `update'
Section020:98:in `update'
Section020:96:in `loop'
Section020:109:in `update'
Section020:65:in `main'
Section020:62:in `loop'
Section020:69:in `main'
Section119:56:in `mainFunction'
Section119:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
Section119:59:in `mainFunction'
Section119:63
Section119:62:in `loop'
Section119:71

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1614:in `command_355'
Interpreter:466:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'
Scene_Map:62:in `loop'
Scene_Map:69:in `main'
Main:56:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:59:in `mainFunction'
Main:63
Main:62:in `loop'
Main:71

Also, how on earth do i set up a gym leader event, every way i tried to do it wouldnt work, i can make the battle and everything, but the rest, like giving a TM and the badge, it doesnt happen, if you get what i mean lol.

Years
Also, how on earth do i set up a gym leader event, every way i tried to do it wouldnt work, i can make the battle and everything, but the rest, like giving a TM and the badge, it doesnt happen, if you get what i mean lol.

I don't know about the Item Withdrawing part, but setting up a Gym Leader is easy! Just make him/her like you would any trainer, except, after you set the self switch to A (or whichever one you want) create a new page, and have it only activated if Self Switch A is on (or whichever one you put it as). Then have that page auto run, and have whatever your Gym Leader wants to say, also where he gives the main character his badge/TM. Then create another self switch, (B,C,D, or whatever you didn't use for the first page), and create a new page activated by that self switch, and have it Action Trigger, then whatever you want the Gym Leader to do.

I know my writing is a little confusing.. so here's an example:

Spoiler:

As you can see, it's just common sense.
Hope it helped!

Now, that I've done that, Karma should repay me and tell me how to remove a Pokemon from your party permanently! >.>

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I uploaded a new zip file because the item storage system had a few bugs which I have corrected, notably the bug where key items could be tossed.

Also I want to take the time to mention the syntax used by the message system in Pokemon Essentials. Many of the new commands I've added will add significantly to the gameplay experience, such as playing a sound or music effect during a message, or showing a character's face within the message. Here is the full list of message commands.

* \PN - Displays the player's name.
* \G - Displays a window showing the player's current money.
* \PM - Displays the player's current money within the message. (example: $1000)
* \v[n] - Displays the value of variable number n.
* \f[X] - Displays the face picture X near the message. The image specified must be in the Graphics/Pictures/ folder.
* \c[n] - Displays the text that follows in color number n. 0=Black; 1=Blue; 2=Red; 3=Green; 4=Cyan; 5=Magenta; 6=Yellow; 7=Gray; 8=White.
* \[XXXXYYYY] - Displays the text in the base color XXXX and shadow color YYYY. Each color is a hexadecimal 15-bit RGB color. Examples:
o \[043c3aff] - Red
o \[06644bd2] - Green
o \[65467b14] - Blue
o \[318c675a] - Gray
* \ch[a,b,choices] - Displays a list of choices. _a_ is the number of a variable to store the chosen choice (the first choice is 0, etc.), _b_ is the default choice in case the player cancels (or 0 if the player can't cancel; the first choice is 1, etc.), and _choices_ is a comma-separated list of choices. This command is designed to support more than four choices, but the existing choice system can still be used if desired.
* \1 - Pauses the message. This is usually not necessary unless pauses are desired within a message.
* \n - Causes a line break.
* \b - Male dialogue colors.
* \r - Female dialogue colors.
* \wt[X] - Waits X frames, where a frame is equal to 1/20 of a second.
* \wtnp[X] - Wait and no pause. Waits X frames, and makes the message close without pausing.
* \se[X] - Plays the sound effect (SE) named X.
* \me[X] - Plays the music effect (ME) named X.
* \\ - Displays the backslash character "\".
* \w[X] - Displays the message in the windowskin X. If this field is blank, no windowskin will be used in the message display.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back