• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Such a great storyline.
To be honest, I can totally see myself battling thoughs leaders. Hmmm, maybe I'll catch a Flying type to beat hericross, and if you still can choose from 3 starters, the second gym will not be a problem. Love water types! :D :D :D :D

Years
I did wonder, as nothing is wrong with your mapping. I suggest you improve you screen shotting skills. xD

I like the look of the safari zone, it looks cool!!
Thanks, and yeah, I should. :]

Wow, this looks like a really well-done hack :)
Do you happen to need beta-testers? :ø
Thanks!
Well, I did say the beta would be ready by now, but there's still a bit more work to be done, so not right now, no.

Such a great storyline.
To be honest, I can totally see myself battling thoughs leaders. Hmmm, maybe I'll catch a Flying type to beat hericross, and if you still can choose from 3 starters, the second gym will not be a problem. Love water types! :D :D :D :D
Thanks! And funnily enough, this post is all about water types.

MechaLapras.png
Devon.png

That's right! To get around Juan's gym, you need to hitch a ride on the various Mecha Lapras', created by the Devon Corporation (who, naturally, have a branch in Felith, seeing as it's the neighbouring region to Hoenn)!
Oh, and I made a new textbox. :D​

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Neighbors to Hoenn ... I'm thinking something but I'm not saying in case I'm wrong or it's a spoiler. :/
Anyway it looks good. Water gyms are always my thing ;)
And it's outside ... or inside with outside tilesets. ?

Years
Neighbors to Hoenn ... I'm thinking something but I'm not saying in case I'm wrong or it's a spoiler. :/
Anyway it looks good. Water gyms are always my thing ;)
And it's outside ... or inside with outside tilesets. ?
Feel free to say what you think in a spoiler.
Thanks, and it's inside with outdoor tilesets - to get to the gym you go into a cave.

OMG! I love the textbox! Also, like the idea of the new gym, very neat! Good luck! :D
Thanks!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Spoiler:

I hope I'm right.
I hate being wrong xD

Years
Beta 1 Release

POKéMON DARK COBALT BETA 1 RELEASE

Bugs and Oddities

• TM and HM sprites are black, for some reason.
  • Sprites, including overworld and some trainer sprites, are not new - for example, Juan has Wallace's trainer sprite and Koga's overworld.
  • Some tiles are not covered by the hero.
  • Mum tells you to choose a Pokémon before they're there.
  • A signpost has no script.
Bugs highlighted in red can potentially be break or freeze your game. Remember to save often and to keep save states to keep your progress!

Things to note

• This beta is no longer supported, and is very outdated! Please download the latest version of Cobalt, on the first post of this thread!

Last edited:

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
dude, how do you get your pokemon? I've been trying to find it for like 15 mins. I've gone into every building and talked to every person, but I can't find how to get pokemon!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Yeah, same here. I'm stuck and I've tried everything I can think of. :\

Also, here are some bugs I found:

• The signpost outside the house west of the player's house has no script assigned to it.
  • The grunts' script has no '\p's which gets really annoying.
  • You need to restructure this guy's script:
    Spoiler:
  • Graphical glitch:
    Spoiler:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Okay this is terribly odd.
For some reason, the ROM has gone weird. Thankfully I've got one that works.

Try this one. Sorry!
Make an ips patch so that you use the rom file that you released earlier as "Unmodified" and this current one as "modified" rom file.
That way, by opening the ips file with a hex editor you can see what's wrong with it (I corrected a major bug in my own hack that way).

Years
Hm, not much feedback on the beta...I'll take that as a good thing..?

Anyway, here's the next city, Azure City, which won't be available in the beta. Azure City has a twist, however, as it's separated into two halves. The Azure Suburbs, and the Azure Plaza.

AzureSuburbs.png
AzurePlaza1.png
AzurePlaza.png

In the Plaza, you can buy TMs, helpful items such as Zinc and Carbos, evolutionary stones, a bicycle, and more. It is, essentially the Dept. Store of Felith, just from a different angle.

Poor.png
Poor2.png

I'm so poor... ;o;

Also, thanks to giradialkia - we're in the Showcase now. \o/

Last edited:
Years
i give 1 ideea for continue to create game ( change the graphic )> talk with wesley or ( tilers ) for sending and change the graphic and great job:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back