• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The PC League: Season 1 (BW NU) [old]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
This isn't official yet, but Team 3 (I think) MIGHT be -

justified_by_p_sign-d5lpjcp.png

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I'll give everyone a week to come up with a team name and mascot. If a team can't think of a name before November 28th, they will simply use their current name (team 1, 2, 3, etc.).

However, we can easily skip this process and just go by our current team names and I'll apply a temporary mascot according to the team number (Articuno for Team One, Zapdos for Team Two, Moltres for Team Three, and Arcanine, Lugia, or something for Team Four). To be honest, I'd rather do this for now since we can always bother with team names next season.

Last edited:
Years
I've been talking to Lati-Hax and we considered Zapdos as a mascot and a related team name, such as Lightning/Thunderstorm. Of course, I'm keen to get feedback from my other team members, so what do you all think? Feel free to give other ideas.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To my team, we could always be... Samurott. I HAVE LOGIC HERE okay lemme explain. So, Lapras is a Lapras, which is in the sea. Wolf is a dog, because wolves are technically dogs. Herdier's also a dog and shnen and Zeffy are also great, which makes them dogs to me because I just love dogs. So, what sounds like a dog? Otters! Maybe, if I have the right animal. Nevertheless, it's close enough, and Samurott is NU and is great and perfect and we could be like the Samurai's. THOUGHTS? I was going to post this before but Archer's post reminded me loool.

Years
I've been talking to Lati-Hax and we considered Zapdos as a mascot and a related team name, such as Lightning/Thunderstorm. Of course, I'm keen to get feedback from my other team members, so what do you all think? Feel free to give other ideas.

Zapados sounds cool. Thought maybe we could be team fulmination?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Y'all are taking too long. I'm just going to go with temporary names and mascots for the teams because this needs to start already. I'm sending out private messages to everyone for the purpose of confirming that you all are still interested and active. Once I receive replies from all of them within a week, the first season will start. Be sure to prepare! However, if someone drops out, there will be a short period for finding replacements.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Looks like we're going to have to find replacements for seven people (BLOOOD-La-ti-, Ghost Tamer Tommy, Musica, Pixelrush, pknight96, Thunder_Chad, and Vrai). They failed to reply to my private message, so they're considered inactive. However, they can still remain in the PC League if they reply to my message before the replacements fill up.

This means that sign ups are open. Simply post which team you want to join (if you have a preference) along with your PC Battle Server username. The season will start immediately after we find replacements.

Here are the teams at the moment:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The PokeCommunity League: where the most active team wins by default!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay so, I'm changing the team amount to three due to the lack of sign-ups. Team 3 and 4 are being merged. As a result, we only need one more sign-up before the season starts. This is more fitting considering the teams' temporary mascots are the legendary birds (there's only three of them).

How big should the banner be for our team?
There won't be any logos. I'm just going with simple sprites, since the team names and such are undecided for now.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
We now have enough participants to continue!

Season 1 has begun! This also means that the primary tournament has started.

• The primary tournament is round-robin, but users don't fight their own team members. Basically, members must complete one match everyone else on the opposing teams. Every team starts with a score of 100 points. Each match won by a user earns their team 10 points, and each match lost by a user drops their team's score by 10. If a team's score reaches zero, they are disqualified until next season. Once everyone has battled each other, the primary tournament ends. The four teams with the most points move onto the playoffs (all teams move onto the playoffs if there's four or less total teams).
Basically, you have to have one battle with everyone that's not on your team. Please keep your battle results in one single post (it just needs to include "won/lost vs <insertuser>"). Simple enough, eh? View the first post for more details on teams and rules. Keep in mind that any of this may change for the purpose of ironing out some issues. Also, statistics will kept for every team just for fun.

Everyone has until January 11th to complete their matches. Please do not procrastinate so that I don't have to give out extensions. If a member takes too long to finish a battle, they may be at risk of losing points for their team. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lost vs Aryan143 (Minus nothing, given I was the first from my team!)
Won vs Krazzikk + 10
Won vs Daydreamsaway +10
Won vs Icy Burn + 10
Lost vs Miss Doronjo - 10

waiting for BO3 OF THESE!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Making some changes to the rules. Every team now starts with a score of 100 (instead of zero), and if they reach zero they are kicked out of the tournament. Everything else remains the same. This change was done so that the order in which battles are done don't matter as much.

Also, I added a new format to the first post. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back