• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

toile98

a mod who cant close threads
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2009
can i become a member and what game are you using for shiney hunting

chaining is sometimes hard but what does it chaining do
my best chain is 13in a row with a bidoof

Last edited:

toile98

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2009
how do you get shineys in pokemon xd

i just need help catching shineys all i got is a
shiney golbat and a shiny poochyena

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
If DDD just got lucky that would be an odd time to get lucky then XD

anyway even if it doesnt work im still breeding for a good IV elekid GL all.

Believe it or not I think I just got lucky, that's all. But as I said before, I HAVE to credit it, because if it weren't for this whole fiasco, I wouldn't have a hatched shiny Vulpix right now.
I'm still going to hatch Schroomishes though.

can i become a member and what game are you using for shiney hunting

chaining is sometimes hard but what does it chaining do
my best chain is 13in a row with a bidoof

You have to wait for a Leader to admit you into the club.... and we're using 3rd Gen (GBA) and 4th Gen (DS). You can use GSC but they won't really count. I wouldn't want to get a shiny on there anyways cuz I couldn't really do anything with it.

If you've chained before then you should know how to. Find the same Pokemon over and over for 40 times and then keep resetting the Radar until "Shiny Grass" sparkles, and that has a shiny Pokemon in it, it will be whatever Pokemon you are chaining...
It's harder and more complicated that that but that's the gist of it.

how do you get shineys in pokemon xd

i just need help catching shineys all i got is a
shiney golbat and a shiny poochyena

You save before encountering a Snaggable Pokemon for the first time, and check to see if it's shiny. If it isn't, then reset the game and try again. But this will only work if it's your first encounter with the Pokemon.

Treasure the shinies you do have. You are a lucky person to have them.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Believe it or not I think I just got lucky, that's all. But as I said before, I HAVE to credit it, because if it weren't for this whole fiasco, I wouldn't have a hatched shiny Vulpix right now.
I'm still going to hatch Schroomishes though.

perhaps it was destiny O_o

i got a pretty good IVed elekid im going to stick with, still considering what next to go for. Im probably going back to regice GL all.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey peoplez. Well I guess I have to EV train my cloned Banette sometime this weekend, I never really EV'd anything before -.-

I was thinking about naming it, but I can't think of anything... Maybe you guys could help.

Does
Evolve Me!
Sound good?

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Well.... Got some dire news.

A guy edited some of the coding to check and see if this "works" or not. Well, his results were negative, but that doesn't get me downhearted. I'm still going to keep trying, if I don't have another shiny Vulpix by the end of the day, I'm boxing all of them (except my lovely gold one), and then trying Shroomish.

Everyone's doing Shroomish lol.

Heh the good part at least is that rarity will remain intact. Heh you got awesome lucky with that vulpix so at least you got something out the whole incident :) I have yet to breed a shiny, I'm going to breed riolu eventually, but I need to find good IV parents first ehhhh.

Ok, so the this trick is basically fake, and DDD just got stupidly lucky?

Wow. Some people get all the luck, it seems. D_S, did you get Platinum?

Yep got platinum :D Been SRing non stop for turtwig on it. It looks blue for a second after it pops up of the pokeball so it always gets my hopes up argh. Hope it decides to shine soon. I'll be back at SPPf tomorrow when my Ban gets lifted :/

You save before encountering a Snaggable Pokemon for the first time, and check to see if it's shiny. If it isn't, then reset the game and try again. But this will only work if it's your first encounter with the Pokemon.

Treasure the shinies you do have. You are a lucky person to have them.

Also for Colo/XD shinies its been confirmed that as soon as the poke is sent out, if its shiny, the two glowing orbs will circle it, THEN it'll be identified as a Shadow pokemon by the girl or the scanner. Speaking of which I finally started a second Colo file on an extra mem card yesterday out of boredom, so I'll eventually get to Sring for Entei, though I can't remember if there might be something worth SRing for prior to it, all I can remember is maybe one of the johto starters' 2nd stage. Eh I'll see as a play the game.

Good luck everyone hunting!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
\Also for Colo/XD shinies its been confirmed that as soon as the poke is sent out, if its shiny, the two glowing orbs will circle it, THEN it'll be identified as a Shadow pokemon by the girl or the scanner. Speaking of which I finally started a second Colo file on an extra mem card yesterday out of boredom, so I'll eventually get to Sring for Entei, though I can't remember if there might be something worth SRing for prior to it, all I can remember is maybe one of the johto starters' 2nd stage. Eh I'll see as a play the game.

Good luck everyone hunting!

Ahh, yes. I forgot about the orbs. I actually should have a picture of them when I wanted to see what my Machop looked like on Colosseum. But it'll be hard for me to find it... maybe..

Found them!
They're probably gonna be huge so Clicky spoiler tag to see'm.

Spoiler:

Ah, for collaboration posts. :)
I started a new Colosseum file, but to me, that game is such a pain to play through.
I was SRing Misdreavus on it, but I think I'll play through it and try SRing for Raikou. I don't have a shiny Legend, and it's a Pokemon I could actually use in OU that's not Uber.
Plus it's made of awesome.

Good luck everyone

edit:

Also does anyone know what happened to "♠Shiny♠Mr.Mime♠"? I think he used to be just plain "shinyhunter", but it says he's been "Booted Out".
Anyone know why? I don't really understand what he'd do to get banned....

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Well... I've lost it all. My file was deleted in Pearl, so I have very few shinies now.

Oh jebus what happened????

Omg how did that happen?
And on another note EV's ate a pain in the ass...

They ate a pain in the ass? Did it taste good? lmao

But I'm certain you mean "Are".
I can usually have a Pokemon trained within an hour, no big deal. If you want to know how, PM me lol.

---------------

My shiny hunts are at a standstill ATM. Not sure on what to do. Tomorrow I'll continue to level up my Ninetales and decide then. I'll probably go back to Slowpoke, but hatching Pokemon is kinda fun. Thankfully I can do both on separate games and separate DSes.

Any of my Swarm Pokemon targets are game, as are Slowpoke and Elekid. I'm not hiding anything anymore. =P

I'm also kinda wanting to check out (the enclosed instruction book) FR/LG and look for a shiny Tangela... since we're left out in the cold. In Platinum they bumped it to Safari Game instead of Swarm.

How cruel. >=(

Good luck everyone...

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
aww man sorry to here that SRkid that happened to me but i left it for a week and it came back somehow gd luk with wat ever your trying.

i'm givving up the breeding thing whether or not it work it take up too much time and i did 100 eggs after and nothing.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Well... I've lost it all. My file was deleted in Pearl, so I have very few shinies now.

Ouch how'd that happen? especially with D/P's system of having to press up+select+B to even erase a file @__@ What shinies did you lose? Don't give up though, MM restarted collecting even after his DS and game were stolen :(

Still going for Platinum Turtwig, the secret key being available for download now, tempts me to keep going, but since it wont be over till Nov. 4th, I'll SR for turtwig till the end of October. Hopefully it shows up by then. Argh I forgot I could SR for Misdreavus in Colo, and I accidently battled the trainer that had it, and not wanting to redo a whole bunch of work I had done since my last save, I had no choice but to catch it. Eh once I get around getting ho-oh on my first file I'll restart it and will leave Misdreavus for SRing.
Good luck everyone on their hunts!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
is it possible to chain in a cave

Nope 'fraid not buddy. You can only chain where there's short grass, so that excludes the high seas too.

Imagine, chaining on water...

That'd be crazy.

Still training my Ninetales, actually waiting to see what my Swarms are before delving into something.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
how do you get shiny legendaryy pokemon

You save before talking to it and then talk to it, and if it's not shiny, press START+SELECT+L+R to soft reset and try again. - Be patient, it might take a while. It could take 3 resets, or 3,000... or even more.

That's one thing I need is a shiny Legend but I'm undecided on which to get. As I said before, I'll attempt Raikou.... later.

toile98

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2009
how do you get raikou in diamond /pearl and is platinum out yet

Back