• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Mine has a "what a twist" moment, that goes into full circle with the story, and yet, I am still able to relate it to Time, and for that matter Pokemon. XD

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Actually, now that I think of it, mine could be considered pretty cruel XD >.>

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Mine is essentially trying to put up a good face against an unavoidable Downer Ending (no, I won't link to TVTropes...). Not much cruel or happy either, it is more like, "you should really ponder whether this will actually matter at the end".

Sorry to hear about your W'sB, SparklingDragon.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Let's just say, I take a child's innocence and turn it on itself... >.>

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I suck. I have writer's block and haven't written a word.
Writer's block is a... myth.

Just apply yourself. Sit down, start randomly typing something that sounds good but you know is ********, and before you know it you'll have a direction to take it. Just try, and if anything you'll have something to post for us to read and enjoy.

I'm letting the character carry the theme of time in my piece. The ending is the breaker/maker, so we'll see how I present it.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Writer's block is a... myth.

Just apply yourself. Sit down, start randomly typing something that sounds good but you know is ********, and before you know it you'll have a direction to take it. Just try, and if anything you'll have something to post for us to read and enjoy.

I'm letting the character carry the theme of time in my piece. The ending is the breaker/maker, so we'll see how I present it.
Well actually, Writer's block is a state of mind brought on from poor planning, stress, fatigue and a general lack of ideas. I'm not saying anyone who gets writer's block is stupid because I get it frequently but the point is that it's real, in a way...

Also, I'm doing something like a Ghost story. (kind of) I'll post the first paragraph here for you guys to enjoy first. It's a but cliche but don't worry that's not the main focus of the story.

I haven't fixed it yet so expect mistakes:
Spoiler:

Also, a new bolded topic:
What is your favourite region in the Pokemon Universe to write in? Or do you come up with an entirely new non-canon region or city?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Well actually, Writer's block is a state of mind brought on from poor planning, stress, fatigue and a general lack of ideas. I'm not saying anyone who gets writer's block is stupid because I get it frequently but the point is that it's real, in a way...
I didn't mean to say it was completely made up, but it is a typical excuse used by people that think not being able to come up with an idea after five minutes is a complete writing-killer. It's not. Writer's block is a combination of things, like you said, and as long as you have any one thing (an idea, inspiration, the drive, or a way to spin words), than the others will come.

I just wanted to give him a rough pat on the back and send him in fighting rather than say "That sucks, man". I want everyone involved! =D

Also, I'm doing something like a Ghost story. (kind of) I'll post the first paragraph here for you guys to enjoy first. It's a but cliche but don't worry that's not the main focus of the story.

I haven't fixed it yet so expect mistakes:
Spoiler:
Looking good. I'm always up for a good ghost story if it's presented in the right way, and Pokemon has some great ghosts, both Pokemon and legend, to work with.

Keep your eyes out for overwriting and just get the message across: a simple story with a message gets across far more than an epic with no real ending.

I like how the Lounge has been empty all day long. It really shows that we've been working. =]

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
What is your favourite region in the Pokemon Universe to write in? Or do you come up with an entirely new non-canon region or city?

I've only played red/blue and diamond/platinum, so I know of Kanto and Sinnoh the best, however when I was watching the anime (not to long ago), I didn't mind the Hoenn series, so have a certain affinity for that.

I'd rather not create a new region [just yet] though, just because there is so much to pick on from the current regions.

Bay

Years
Even though my favorite region is Hoenn, I have been writing loads of Sinnoh stories, so you can say my favorite region to write is Sinnoh. Just the people, myths, and culture there are very interesting.

I have come up with a made up region next to Hoenn in the original NE, but I forgot what I called that region because I deleted the old version and can't find my notes. XD I do remember though having the cities be like Paris and London. Also, one city I base off of Big Bear, California. Took a family trip there and that place is so beautiful, even when there's rain. XD;

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Years
New bolded topic???? Off to the Index! :cheeky:

It would be Johto, hands and legs up, if it wasn't because I already came up with not only one, not two, but three original regions. The first two not very developed, but the third one... ugh. Geography? Covered (simulated with the Sim City engine). Weather? Covered (annual isothermal and wind-vector analysis to make sure I don't screw with placing a rainforest beyond a desert...). Culture? European, mostly, a schema for picking city/town names and tree names for Professors, a quick model for inland trade commerce, Legendaries that fit in and a railroad system.

Oh wait... Do we get to brag here or we just mention in passing? I just finished cleaning up some b☣tard PHP code so I'm kinda trigger-happy...

Other than that, Johto as I said. There is something about Gen II that always called my attention. Maybe the whole Ilex Forest thing because it's so close to Goldenrod that it's alsmot a given that it has to draw an unnatural attention.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Sinnoh. It has Cyrus. And solovino, your sig is floating. I can't read your post!

Venia Silente

Years
Sinnoh. It has Cyrus. And solovino, your sig is floating. I can't read your post!

Weirdness has kicked in... the sig was CSS-tested long ago and I even took advantage of a small detail in the CSS spec to make sure it wouldn't flow off-limits. If cleaning your cache doesn't help, then someone has been messing around with the code of the PC forum system... or worse, you're using IE.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Weirdness has kicked in... the sig was CSS-tested long ago and I even took advantage of a small detail in the CSS spec to make sure it wouldn't flow off-limits. If cleaning your cache doesn't help, then someone has been messing around with the code of the PC forum system... or worse, you're using IE.

Using firefox and haven't done anything recently, and it looks normal and fine as usual.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
solovino's sig looks fine to me as well. I'm using Firefox, and I don't believe that anything has been screwed around with involving PC.

Johto and the Orange Islands. I lean more toward the Orange Islands though, only because of how little they are seen in fics.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
solovino's sig looks fine to me as well. I'm using Firefox, and I don't believe that anything has been screwed around with involving PC.

Johto and the Orange Islands. I lean more toward the Orange Islands though, only because of how little they are seen in fics.
Gonna have to agree here.

Favorite in-game region is Johto, due to the heavy rustic feel, and favorite anime-region is the Orange Islands.

I'll have to write something Orange Island-based now. Thanks. =D

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

I always find my stories set in Sinnoh - intentionally or not - so that's probably my favorite region to write in (and favorite region overall, hee hee). The Orange Islands seem like a great source of making up interesting ideas, though, mostly because there's so many of them and only a few have been looked into in detail. Of course, fan-made regions aren't too bad either...

Also, Solovino's sig is a bit off-center, but otherwise just fine.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I say Hoenn because I played the gen3 games the most. My current fic is set in a modernized Hoenn with Highways and Airports. Also, sometimes I add non-canon movie-only cities into my fic. I'm planning on doing it soon.

Also, Solovino's sig is a bit off-center, but otherwise just fine.
Agreed. It's a bit off centre than usual.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
I'm not really sure what my favorite region is since I've only ever written in Kanto. However, my favorite region is play in is Hoenn (probably because it has such diversity and all that water). I've played with the idea of coming up with an entirely new region, but it never really gets off the drawing board because I'd never use it.

Venia Silente

Years
My sig...
Really, people? I don't see how it should look different than yesterday, or one week ago, because I've changed nothing... except my theme... :paranoid:

Anyways, thanks all of you for letting me know.

Also, FFL is so last week, SWC is the new FFL! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back