• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Latest Purchases and Stuff!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
WE HAVE NO PHYSICAL STORES HERE WHERE I LIVE I HATE THIS SO MUCH

MDHu5hW.png

Anyway, there was this Comic-con like event in our college today. Told my friend to get these for me. Me being a die-hard Gintama and One Piece fan meant getting at least one poster for each lel

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
OH HI THERE FOLKS LOOK AT MY NEWEST MANGA VOLUME HAUL!

Spoiler:

A TOTAL OF 47 VOLUMES FOR THE PRICE OF NEARLY 1 MILLION IDR, BUT THERE'S A 30% DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW SO IT COSTS ME 663K IDR INSTEAD!

THEY BECAME CHEAPER THAN ANY OF THE VOLUMES I'VE BOUGHT SINCE 2009!

ADDING 47 VOLUMES TO MY MANGA COLLECTION AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ineedalife

Marvel at it. MARVEL AT THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I'VE SPENT ON THESE! the whole total without the discount can get me at least 2 3DS cartridges and that's saying something.

Years
DAT COVER DOE BRAH

How much I envy thee, man. God damn it. You've got a great collection \o/

This is what I got for myself recently:
Spoiler:

It is pretty risque if you see what I think you're seeing in it, haha. :P

I think it could be better, but that's probably because I see so much merch at the cons I've been to, haha.

I kinda want one of those now where did you get it?

I haven't gone to the bookstores since September. I'm waaaay behind my manga volumes. :v

I did pick up a couple of Pokemon figures, as well as a bunch of fan-merch from the last convention.

I know how being that far behind feels, haha. Pokemon merch has its own thread in Pokemon General that needs love, otherwise I'd tell you to post it all here because I'm always hungry for merch posts.

Spoiler:

A TOTAL OF 47 VOLUMES FOR THE PRICE OF NEARLY 1 MILLION IDR, BUT THERE'S A 30% DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW SO IT COSTS ME 663K IDR INSTEAD!

ADDING 47 VOLUMES TO MY MANGA COLLECTION AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ineedalife

Marvel at it. MARVEL AT THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I'VE SPENT ON THESE! the whole total without the discount can get me at least 2 3DS cartridges and that's saying something.

Holy hell 47 volumes at once is insanity! I'd have to save for weeks to get that many in one go at those prices here!

Anyway, got some more merch in this past week:

First up, a My-Hime volume! Volume 5, so that rounds out my collection of that. It's an okay but not great series, IMO.
Spoiler:

Next up is a figurine book thingy that I thought was actually gonna be figurines, whoops. Was just $2 or so, though, so no big deal.
Spoiler:

And finally we have Haruhi-chan volumes 8 and 9. Those came today.
Spoiler:

I think I've got 4 more books coming tomorrow, too, but those haven't arrived yet so I'm not posting them yet.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Spoiler:

Omg. So many volumes. I wished there was a discount like that over here D:!

I'm planning to purchase PLUTO soon, so it would come in handy.

Years
Omg. So many volumes. I wished there was a discount like that over here D:!

I'm planning to purchase PLUTO soon, so it would come in handy.

You talking about the manga? If it's in English who picked it up? Can't find an English publisher listed anywhere on its MAL page.

Anyway, guess what I received in the mail yesterday? 4 more manga volumes!

Black Cat volumes 11, 12, and 13, as well as Haganai 10.
Spoiler:

Still got several volumes to go before I complete Black Cat. Probably just over halfway at this point.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
You talking about the manga? If it's in English who picked it up? Can't find an English publisher listed anywhere on its MAL page.

It was licensed by VIZ Media :). I found the volumes in Amazon, give it a try later.
I can't wait to have all of them!

Years
It was licensed by VIZ Media :). I found the volumes in Amazon, give it a try later.
I can't wait to have all of them!

Hope for your sake that it's not too heavily censored. Viz has been known to do that in the past.

ANYWAY, another purchase report! THIS TIME I WENT ALL IRRESPONSIBLE AND STUFF.

First, I stopped off at a Half-Price Books store to sell a couple of duplicate volumes I had lying around. Then I browsed their admittedly small manga section and still managed to find 7 books that I wanted:

Spoiler:

That's 4 volumes of R.O.D. (Read or Dream), 2 volumes of Dr. Slump, and 1 volume of K-On!.

But the madness doesn't stop there. I then went to Barnes & Noble and somehow managed to find an additional 12 books I wanted:
Spoiler:

That's volumes 1 and 2 of the Accel World manga, and the first two volumes of the Accel World novel.

Spoiler:

This one's volume 8 of Nisekoi, the 2nd omnibus of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (Hoshi no Samidare being the Japanese title) containing volumes 3 and 4, and My Neighbor Seki (which is better known by its Japanese title, Tonari no Seki-kun) volume 1.

Spoiler:

And this last one's all K-On! books. Volumes 2, 3, and 4 of the series the one from the first picture is from, as well as K-On! High School and K-On! College from the same series.

I accidentally doubled the number of books in my "to read" backlog with this single night of splurging, whoops.

Candy

Years
Why can't we have Light Novels as well? :(

Nice grabs you got there. On the other hand, I'm still regretting the decision on not buying K-On! when I saw it on sale 4 years ago.

Years
Why can't we have Light Novels as well? :(

IDK about there, but here in the USA, they haven't really caught on with any sort of regular success until recently. Part of it is their price as well as LNs being well behind manga in popularity due to far fewer people knowing about them, and the ones who do tend to be a bit more hardcore or are not particularly willing to shell out between $15 and $20 per book.

Also, this manga volume came in the mail earlier this week:
Spoiler:

Years
This week, I bought Kakashi's gloves, a Fairy Tail lanyard, and a Yu-Gi-Oh Space-Time deck. I also bought the Leaf Village forehead protector that's coming next week, and Ciel's family ring and Edward's pocket watch that's coming next month.

Years
This week, I bought Kakashi's gloves, a Fairy Tail lanyard, and a Yu-Gi-Oh Space-Time deck. I also bought the Leaf Village forehead protector that's coming next week, and Ciel's family ring and Edward's pocket watch that's coming next month.

Wait, Kakashi's gloves are available as merch?

ANYWAY, I accidentally more books at Barnes & Noble on Friday:
Spoiler:

Kanokon omnibuses of volumes 1&2 and volumes 3&4 (forgot to grab the 3rd book of volumes 5&6, whoops), JACO, and some series with a really long Japanese name that I'd never heard of before that I felt like picking up a complete set of.

Spoiler:

English volume 1 of Shi Ni Itaru Yamai, volume 1 of the LN Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (English name written because the Japanese name is at least twice as long), volume 6 of Watamote, volumes 1 and 2 of the Index LNs, and Opus.

Spoiler:

And to round things off, volumes 1 & 2 of Bakuman and volumes 1, 2, and 3 of Barakamon.

So that's 17 more books, bringing my book count up to 37 for the past week, and to 44 for the past month.

... I might have a spending problem.

Years
Yeah, I know that Amazon sells Kakashi gloves, and omg Kanokon, I wish I would've finished the anime

I went back to go pick up the 3rd book of Kanokon since I meant to grab it but didn't. By that point, they didn't have it anymore.

So I got these instead:

Spoiler:

Manga: Apreggio of the Blue Steel volumes 1, 2, and 3 and Dragonar Academy volume 5.
Other: Amazing Agent Jennifer graphic novel (western graphic novel done in Left to Right format; originally a webcomic).

Candy

Years
I promise I'll bring in a haul, but for now, I got these:
Spoiler:

No.6 vol 1-2, Noragami vol 2, Nozaki-kun vol 1, Fairy Tail vol 30, Magi: Sinbad's Adventure vol 2, and of course the missing HxH vol. 13 that I somehow missed in my 50 volumes haul.

Also, for some reason I didn't realize that Natsume Yuujinchou already has 17 volumes released, while from the looks of it, Akatsuki no Yona has been publishing before the anime release over here. Damn.

Also, they're re-releasing a lot of old titles. Like, Samurai X? Yu-Gi-Oh? Way to go, Indonesia.

Years
WARNING: BANDWIDTH KILLER OF A POST HERE.

I promise I'll bring in a haul, but for now, I got these:
Spoiler:

No.6 vol 1-2, Noragami vol 2, Nozaki-kun vol 1, Fairy Tail vol 30, Magi: Sinbad's Adventure vol 2, and of course the missing HxH vol. 13 that I somehow missed in my 50 volumes haul.

Also, for some reason I didn't realize that Natsume Yuujinchou already has 17 volumes released, while from the looks of it, Akatsuki no Yona has been publishing before the anime release over here. Damn.

Also, they're re-releasing a lot of old titles. Like, Samurai X? Yu-Gi-Oh? Way to go, Indonesia.

That's a pretty solid haul, and sounds like you're planning for some colossal buys in the near future.

But I'm about to blow that out of the water. Maybe. I fell behind on my pics and forgot to post last week's haul, and then added in a convention weekend on top of that, plus whatever arrived at home during and after the convention.

Pre-Convention Merch

Revolotech 050 TTGL Action Figure - Found this while poking around on Amazon for some other stuff. This arrived on the 23rd.
Spoiler:

Next up was the Funimation Limited Edition Space Dandy Box Set. This was on the pricey side.
Spoiler:

This Panty & Stocking Box Set was also part of the order from Funimation. It arrived the same day as the Dandy Box Set in a separate box.
Spoiler:

The next day, these 3 CDs came in the mail. The Girls und Panzer OST, the Kill la Kill OST, and Panty & Stocking: The Worst Album are the 3 CDs here.
Spoiler:

Also arriving the same day as the CDs was a box of books from Barnes & Noble. There were 9 books. 3 of those were Black Cat volumes 8 through 10, and another 3 were Noragami 1 through 3.
Spoiler:

2 of the remaining 3 books were the first two Assassination Classroom books. The third was Ani-Imo volume 2, but I returned that since the front cover had a torn corner.
Spoiler:

Convention Spoils
Moving onto the convention weekend merch, we have quite a bit of deceptively expensive items. The Weiss Schwarz items lead things off

We open with a Weiss Schwarz Project Diva F playmat.
Spoiler:

Followed by a Project Diva F 2nd playmat.
Spoiler:

With an Angel Beats playmat to round out the cheaper playmats.
Spoiler:

Continuing with Weiss Schwarz, I ended up buying a pair of booster boxes, the left one being Love Live! and the right one being for Project Diva F 2nd.
Spoiler:

I also picked up some trial decks. From left to right: Kill la Kill, Bakemonogatari (which was the deck I actually used in the few matches I had time for that weekend, which is why it's not in the box), and Love Live! are shown here.
Spoiler:

The other two I grabbed were Nisekoi! and Project Diva F.
Spoiler:

I also picked up some Grisaia themed card sleeves.
Spoiler:

And now we move onto the expensive playmats, totaling 8 Love Live! playmats. First is a picture of the 2nd Years' playmats.
Spoiler:

Next is the 3rd years' playmats - nobody had Nico. :(
Spoiler:

And here are the 1st years!
Spoiler:

And moving away from Weiss Schwarz, we move into the territory of other merch, starting with Love Live themed things! First up are the 11 Petit Nendos I ended up with. I actually bought a total of 14, but I sold 3 of my dupes to a friend.
Spoiler:

Also found NIS America's DVD complete season of Love Live!'s first season.
Spoiler:

At the same stall, I found both seasons of Yuru Yuri.
Spoiler:

Grabbed a grab bag that contained a lot of things from series I don't recognize. Plus some Digimon and Hetalia things.
Spoiler:

Also in that grab bag was this puzzle!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These were in a different grab bag I got.
Spoiler:

Along with a coupon for a free poster, which I used to grab this:
Spoiler:

I also got this Vampire Knight poster for free from them, too. Bonus: 4 Bravest Warriors magnets I got at another stall are in this picture to hold this poster flat for the picture. "Now with more Seahorse Dreams!"
Spoiler:

Then I hopped on over to the artists' alley. Got these 3 gems from Lily something or other (which I had made a note of her name!). TTGL, Angel Beats, and TWGOK are the featured series.
Spoiler:

Picked these from the artist who was sat next to the above artist! A self-made piece, "Pokermon" and "American Trigun" are the pieces here.
Spoiler:

And the 3rd artist I bought from did these! Little Witch Academia, Kill la Kill, and Luka and Miku are featured in these.
Spoiler:

I also picked up a pair of Haruhi nendos. I think these are specifically from Disappearance and not the Yuki-chan spinoff of Disappearance.
Spoiler:

I also picked up a Sailor V keychain figure!
Spoiler:

And a Vegeta "It's Over 9000!" themed messenger bag to carry most of the above stuff.
Spoiler:

Also Cardfight! Vanguard deck.
Spoiler:

And, to wrap up the convention-specific anime-related stuff that's not Pokemon, I got an official shirt for the convention.
Spoiler:

I also stopped at a local gamestore near the convention site to kill some time for a bit. A Majin Buu plush and the first volume of the ADV Angelic Layer box set were acquired.
Spoiler:

Post Convention Stuff

After the convention, I got home on Sunday to find these 3 books had arrived. Yuki-chan volume 7, Assassination Classroom 3, and Genshiken Second Season volume 6.
Spoiler:

And then on Monday, I found out that a package was waiting for me pending a signature at the post office. It contained a Max Factory Himeko Inaba figurine.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bonus pic: What my main bookshelf looks like after all this arrived.

Spoiler:

Adds up to about $2300 in merch. Whoops.

EDIT: Last photo probably contains closer to $3300 in merch, though.

Last edited:
Years
Just how much money do you earn? O.O

Anyway, stopped at my "local" anime store in the Mall of America (they recently got a full store location there that I found out about last weekend at Anime Detour, and the MoA location is closer to me than their first location) on Friday. Picked up some things. Like Nendos. And keychain figures. And other stuff.

First up, Eli and Honoka Nendos!
Spoiler:

Next, a Kobato Nendo!
Spoiler:

Thirdly, a Bakemono cup!
Spoiler:

And a general Love Live! cup!
Spoiler:

And a series of pins! From left: Homura and Kyuubey, Artemis and Luna (? - that is Luna, right? I could have sworn she was black, but I've only read the manga, and that was already over a year ago), and Panty and Stocking.
Spoiler:

And onto the keychain figures! Tuxedo Mask and Chibi-Usa here.
Spoiler:

A few Kill la Kill ones here. From left: that one form of Ryuko's with the cat ears (I forgot which was which), Senketsu, normal Ryuko, normal Satsuki, and normal Mako.
Spoiler:

And then the Star Wand from CardCaptor Sakura.
Spoiler:

I got some Pokemon stuff, too, but I'll post that over in PGen. And I got a limited edition version of the latest Senran Kagura PS Vita game at the GameStop in the East area of the mall, but I'll go post that over in VG.

And the last place I visited before leaving the mall was Barnes & Noble on the first floor of the East area. I found out that the shelves of their manga section are better stocked than the ones at my "home" store, having double the shelf space by being twice as tall as the shelves the manga are relegated to at my home store. So I re-bought Ani-Imo volume 2 (this time without a torn front cover), UQ Holder Volume 4, and the Kanokon omnibus for Volumes 5 and 6. That and a volume for a manga-style webcomic that I've been reading online (it's stupid and stupid fun) in Vampire Cheerleaders.
Spoiler:

Candy

Years
Damn, donavannj, that's a ton of merch. I'll be honest, I know of a place that sells figures and Nendoroids around here, but I'm a poor college student so it ain't happening any time soon, haha.

But really, how much do you earn man

Back