• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Breakups

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Most of us, if not all, have been through a breakup.

I've just had one today, so I thought it'd be a good topic for discussion. Are you usually the one ending relationships? Or do you find yourself on the receiving end of "the talk"? If one has really gotten to you how did you shake it off?

I'll post one for myself once I've figured out my answers, lol.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I've never had a break-up before thank god. Honestly, breakups sounds really painful and I'd hate to go through one :s

Years
In the one relationship I've been in, I was the one to end it. It wasn't too rough, I guess because it ended on good terms I suppose. I just didn't think the relationship was very healthy and we didn't have anything in common, and all our conversations were dry.

But no matter how it happened, it always take a while to get used to not having that person in your life anymore, and being alone. For that reason, I usually recommend spending a lot of time with your friends, and fill up your schedule with things to do so that you don't feel lost.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
time for u to listen to abba whine about gf woes

I've just recently broken up my my girlfriend, it's not fun.

In all but one instance I've been the reciever(?) of the breakup, rather than the one doing it. Some were good, most were not. I'm really good at just moving on with it though. My last relationship ended on good terms and we still talk a lot. It doesn't bother me unless I actively think about it though, I have more important things to worry about. But when I am thinking about it I get depressive. It feels pretty shitty not having that one person you can always rely on, to always be there when you need them.

But shit happens, gotta move on :'^)
heres hoping another qt3.14 moseys my way

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i'm the one breaking up with the boyfriend lol. i had a guy break up with me though only once because his parents strictly did not want him having a girlfriend in college. um that's stupid, right? i've been with my boyfriend now for a year and a half<3

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
I've been through one. Honestly, I don't know who was the one who ended it between me and my ex-girlfriend because of the way it ended, she was already mad at me and was ready for a break up, but I was the one who said that we were over. I was pretty much devastated and was a train wreck for an entire week, I cried myself to sleep when I got home and was really depressed for the rest of the week. I got over it after I started thinking about a few things and how it was good that me and her broke up, to which I found plenty of reasons on why it was good for me, and after the end of that week I was pretty much back to normal and was feeling better than ever.

Years
I've never really had a real boyfriend in my entire life, and the time I did have one it was so shortlived because he became nothing but a big bully towards me. Since then, I have never been swimming in the pool of love due to social anxiety.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
First relationship, it took me about two months to get over it completely. It was also my first *serious* relationship. Before it ended, we had loads of trust issues because he was always jealous of my friends (most of them were guys), and he wants to direct all my attention to him. Because I was busy with finals at the time, he broke up with me, for not giving him the attention he needed. I thought there was a future between us, and now I felt like I wasted so much time.

Second relationship...I honestly thought we had it all. After four years of friendship and five months of actual dating, he simply threw that time (and myself) away in the dumpster and pretty much forgot about me. I was hit the hardest with this one since I was emotionally attached to him, but with actual friend support I got over it quickly.

It really hurts the hardest when you're the one getting your heart broken. You won't eat, you'll sleep so much, you'll fall into a pool of tears. Every song you listen to will make you sad because it reminds you of when you two were together. My advice for you? Let time heal the wounds of your heart. Talk to people close to you. Usually venting to others can let all the dirt in your soul out, and it works great. The more support you get, the more quicker you will heal from your heartbreak.

Hang in there guys. <3

Lucid

Welp, no they aren't fun. Especially if you were living together, then you'll be missing half your shit. If you really cared about that person, nothing makes it feel better but time. But sometimes for the better. I've been in, idonno, 7 or 8? (What actually counts? If you're seeing each other exclusively I guess?) The casual ones, we'd just stop talking to each other, otherwise I've only ever been the one to brake up with one person. (We broke up twice before though) honestly it was the best decision of my life. It was a super unhealthy relationship and he was just... Fucking awful... I'm the happiest I've been in years. It takes a lot for me to brake it off, I get comfortable quickly and I don't like drama, but even I have my limit for bullshit.

Yukari

Well the one time I did have a girlfriend she broke up with me. It was very easy for me and I really couldn't have cared less about it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've been through a lot. However, my worst break up was my last one. My ex dropped off of Facebook and left without even telling me. I had to find out from an ex-friend of mine what happened. It was literally the worst. I mean, what kind of person just stops going on Facebook? The normal thing to do would be to tell the person it's over instead of leaving them thinking you are still together. It pissed me off so much. >____>

The ex-friend told me that my ex didn't love me anymore. I was more pissed than I was crying. It made me so mad. >:(

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I've been in two serious relationships and I was the one who did the breaking up both times. I guess a break up really depends on why you're breaking up more than anything. They were for different reasons, but I felt a lot of relief personally

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I never dealt with a breakup. My secret?

I have never been in a relationship.

Local mother develops SECRET technique to avoid heartbreak FOR FREE! Therapists HATE her!

I've only been in two relationships, so I haven't exactly tested the field when it comes to being broken up with or breaking up the relationship. My first relationship in 2012 was only a month long (we'd been sexually active for like 4 months beforehand) but once I found out he was cheating on me I went very Carrie Underwood and took my revenge with glee. See, I was his boss at work and the only reason that he hadn't been fired for gross incompetence was because I was fucking him when everyone else had gone home, lmao. But after he cheated, I had no qualms with firing him. Still, I wasn't about to drop him without reason. About two weeks after the cheating, I gave him a written warning about consistently being late for work, smoking weed on company premises, customer complaints, etc. It was his third and final one, him surviving after the second was down to him having such a lovely touch in bed. An hour later he walked into my office and threw the letter in my face and told me I could go shove myself, well, somewhere not very pleasant. I asked my boss if that was sufficient cause for termination along with his numerous other warnings and 5 minutes later he was sobbing into his tie. It really was beautiful. Don't date your coworkers, kids.

My last relationship was a bit over a year ago and things got.... messy after things ended. I sent a veeeeeeeery long angry text with allllllll the things I wasn't able to say b/c of the shellshock when he dumped me and he called me crazy and deleted me lmao. In hindsight, he wasn't wrong! I'm still crazy!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Funny this comes up, because this has been on my mind recently actually (which really annoys me)

I've only been in one relationship. Not sure if I want another yet, or what I want right now, probably just sex u__u

Anyway, I broke up with her last July, then we got back together in a LDR and things got messy. Long story short, we both made mistakes, she dumps me by text, I get angry and feel a lot better without her after a couple of days. Das was.
I feel very relieved not having to deal with her shit at uni anymore, or the shitty treatment she gave me. I reckon she probably feels the same about me.

Years
I've never had to go through a break-up, since i've never had a girlfriend. But I can tell that a lot of people don't find it a pleasant time in the slightest.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
No,I had not go through the breakups.Breakups are the Worst Thing Ever In the world and if i ever go though in breakups,i'll just usually ignore it and don't think about it that much.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
A good way to never get a break up is not getting in a relationship, haha. I've been rejected before, but I think that is quite different from a break up. My personal technique to never have to go through a break up is the kiss and kill.

Back