• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Pokemon was my first. Then Dragonball Z and Cyborg 009. I had good times with all of them. Maybe I should re watch some episodes? :D hang on a sec do you
count Moomin as anime? If so then that would be first for me.

xRice

LAB 126
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Yugioh all the way lol It's time to Du du du du du Duel!

Years
The first one that I can recall watching was Sailor Moon, with Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon shortly after. I tried getting into a few other animes back in the early 2000's, but the only two I seemed to watch religiously were Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Aside from an episode here or there of popular shows like Yugioh, Inuyasha and Beyblade, I never did get into any more anime series.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
The "first" ones would have to be Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, but I was so young when I started watching those . . . other than that, I have no idea, as I've watched plenty of anime. However, the first and only anime that I've actually finished and watched every episode of is Soul Eater, which was last Febraury.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I don't really count Pokemon a whole lot, even though it is anime, I just don't really consider it...

But, my first anime was either Tenchi Muyo! or Zoids on Toonami, I saw them both around the same time so I can't remember which was first, but I have an inkling it was Tenchi Muyo!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
It was either Sailor Moon or Dragonball, can't remember but it was back when I was 4. I probably watched Sailor Moon because it was all my sister watched but I remember being really into Dragonball.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
my first anime was kirby right backatcha! my brother was watching it and i just loved the kirby games so i watched too. to this day, every time i see a hammer, i can hear escargoon saying "its an alien invader! whack em with your mallet!"

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I think it was probably Cardcaptors. Not that I could tell the difference between Japanese and western animation when I was 9, but it's definitely the first that I can distinctly remember watching... right before Pokemon came along. I remember enjoying it quite a lot, not realising about how butchered the dub was or that episodes were airing out of order. Simple times back then!

Years
The first one I remember watching that I found out after was an anime series...Voltron (lol @ heavily edited dub, I know). I remember watching that on tv in the early 90's, or attempting to watch it, since for some reason I was really bad at checking the channels/time back then, so I often had to flip just to find it. Ah, the days when I didn't mind how bad a dub was, since I was apparently not a very picky child when it came to entertainment. And mostly why I chose to watch it..."it looked cool." That was about it.

I couldn't say what was the first anime I saw that I knew was anime. I'd say something on Toonami when it first aired, but honestly...it might have been before even that. It's been long enough that I don't even remember.

Years
There were a lot that I watched at the same time, mainly Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Card Captor Sakura, Zoids, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, etc. I can't say which one came first.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
The first anime I watched was Pokemon, though I didn't realize it was under that genre. The first anime that I watched that I realized was an anime, though, was Dragon Ball Z.

Sadly, my anime experience hasn't really progressed past the Dragon Ball animes. :x

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I am not sure, but I am just gonna list my childhood animes...

Beyblade, Pokemon, Doraemon, Shin-chan, Zoids, Dragon Ball Z.

Those are just a few of them, you know, I can't remember all of them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Pokemon. I've never tried watching other ones. I don't even watch Pokemon anymore- it's awfully childish and repetitive.

Back