• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Tough Red (v2.0)

How hard was the difficulty in pokemon tough Red ?

• Very Tough

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Tough

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Moderate

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Piece of cake

Votes: 22 28.2%

• Total voters

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Introduction

Hey everyone my name is sako (please call me spazzy).This is my first hack and it's name is Pokémon tough red (yes very cliché).As a kid I used to be a hardcore fan of Pokémon form the first gen to this very present day. The first game I played was Pokémon Red. I truly enjoyed the game but realized the game lacked challenge. After learning a bit about hacking I decided to make a harder version of this classic game. I hope you like it. I have been working on this hack for a month now :P

Storyline

Same as red version ( so original right ? :P)

Features
  • Color graphics
  • increased difficulty
  • Starter Pokémon you choose affects your rivals team completely
  • Dark and steel types
  • ALL 151 POKEMON AVAILABLE
    New trades

images are in the attachments :O

Credits

1)Swampert tools : For his hack tools

2)Danny E : For him trying to teach me Hex editing and for his graphics patch and also my inspiration

3)Coolboyman: For his dark and steel type patch and an inspiration

4)Locksmitharmy: A Big Thank you For his 151 Pokémon emu edition red patch
5) My buddies chetas and ram for editing trades and wild pokemon along with me

Ending word
Well this hack is 100% complete.

Last edited:

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Lookin' good! Although, it appears you are using V1.1 of the graphics patch. I recommend you use version 1.2

timson733333

Woah.
Years
um ok

Rhydons at level 16

legality issues much?

I mean there are plenty of things you could do to increase difficulty instead of giving illegal Pokemon to trainers

slim spazzy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
um ok

Rhydons at level 16

legality issues much?

I mean there are plenty of things you could do to increase difficulty instead of giving illegal Pokemon to trainers

Hey yes I totally agree with you.Im no good at hex editng and for some reason my gym edit tool aint working so I cant change it.But hey the rest of the traineers in the game do not have illegal pokemon it's just brock

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I need help in editing the wild Pokémon in locations. I would appreciate help because the tool does not work on my comp
Are you saying this tool does not work?
http://hax.iimarck.us/topic/41/
Only one small issue I have is that Brock has an illegal Rhydon LV15.I would have changed it but my gym edit tool aint working and I pretty much suck at hex editing.
Then read the detailed tutorial I wrote for you. I even went over Brock as an example. This will take 2 minutes if you just try.

Also, I see you applied the V1.2 patch. Good.
I'll let you know what I think of the hack when I get further into it!

EDIT: Feels too much exactly like Red. If you want more people to be interested in this hack, you need to change maps/text/story.
Changing wild Pokémon/trainer parties won't be enough to get me to play a hack past Brock.

Last edited:

slim spazzy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Are you saying this tool does not work?
http://hax.iimarck.us/topic/41/
Then read the detailed tutorial I wrote for you. I even went over Brock as an example. This will take 2 minutes if you just try.

Also, I see you applied the V1.2 patch. Good.
I'll let you know what I think of the hack when I get further into it!

EDIT: Feels too much exactly like Red. If you want more people to be interested in this hack, you need to change maps/text/story.
Changing wild Pokémon/trainer parties won't be enough to get me to play a hack past Brock.

Hey. . I don't see any point in changing the maps or the storyline of the game because The only reason I made this hack is to make the game much harder. Anyway thanks for the feedback.My next hack will probably be much better than this

Years
I sent you a private message but I guess you didn't notice since the new message thing is hard to see. Anyway I'd be willing to edit the wild pokemon slots for your hack if you'd like me to.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I like the idea of your hack.

The reason why I am making my ROM hack is because I haven't really seen any truly hard ROMs out there. Pokemon had never really been a 'hard' game which I think it has the capability to have.

Sorry to say this but i'm not TOO interested in playing this ROM because I have played pokemon red/blue/yellow over about 100 times in my childhood, but I really like the idea.

slim spazzy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I like the idea of your hack.

The reason why I am making my ROM hack is because I haven't really seen any truly hard ROMs out there. Pokemon had never really been a 'hard' game which I think it has the capability to have.

Sorry to say this but i'm not TOO interested in playing this ROM because I have played pokemon red/blue/yellow over about 100 times in my childhood, but I really like the idea.

Hey thanks man. I know hundreds of people would have played red and blue but thanks for the warm words

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Hey sako, you said in the first post that there may be a major update coming. Any word on whether its compatible or not? I going to play tough red later, but I just want to know if it is getting released or not.

slim spazzy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hey sako, you said in the first post that there may be a major update coming. Any word on whether its compatible or not? I going to play tough red later, but I just want to know if it is getting released or not.

There is a good chance that it will come out :)

what game do i aply the ips to

you must apply the patch to a Pokémon red (u) rom

Last edited:

slim spazzy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Due to unavoidable reasons the latest update will not be available but... a new 151 patch has been released and it's official.You can now really catch em all !!! All pokemon in the safari zone are now available in the wild and only legendary Pokemon are found in their original location ( mewtwo.zapdos etc).Do not use the other 151 patch as it is only an emu version if you wanna play just a hard mod.This hack is 100% complete and there will be no more updates.Well time to releax.Oh yeah the pokemon you get in trades have been changed as well :D

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
It was good and a little harder from original! But you should increase a little bit more difficulty to make it spicy! And also change some graphics of routes and cities!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I wil work on that :) i need to learn a bit of mapping :)

I have heared that Mapping and scripting in Gen 1 games are totally like Hex editing and pretty complicated! Good luck on working on it and changing its graphics!

Back