• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I just tried it and it wouldn't go. :( The GBA went to a white screen. Will you all make it work please? This is my favorite hack. Also would you consider implementing a person that lets you "sleep" and advance the in-game clock that way flash cart users could get the full day-evening-night experience and get both Umbreon and Espeon?

*favourite

Where does the white screen occur. If it's right at the start, then your problem is the ROM you're patching.

Found a bug, or glitch gym leader Whitney is just a black square , in the battle her sprite is normal

She's one of several broken Overworld Sprites. Don't worry, we'll fix them eventually.

Also, since you can't trade pokemon like Haunter, and the rest..Do they just evolve at a certain lvl?

Speak to the evolution lady in the house at the very North of Cianwood Island. She gives advice on evolving any Pokémon you show her. :)

Favourite is in UK, Australia etc.
Favorite is in US.

Same works with Color and Colour but you probably knew that before :)

And...?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
i found a way to convert the game file, and now it's playing great on my phone :D. if LaZ doesn't mind, i'll post the link to it for all iphone/android/Mac users :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
*favourite

Where does the white screen occur. If it's right at the start, then your problem is the ROM you're patching.

It turns white right when the game come on on the flash cart. But when I turn the game on on the VBA it works fine. But I really want to play it on Flash cart. What could be causing this? And would you all consider the "nap to advance in-game clock" feature please?:)

Years
It turns white right when the game come on on the flash cart. But when I turn the game on on the VBA it works fine. But I really want to play it on Flash cart. What could be causing this? And would you all consider the "nap to advance in-game clock" feature please?:)
What flash cart are you using? I have tested Liquid Crystal on a EZ-Flash IV for the GBA and I can confirm that you can play the game. The version i am playing is currently Beta 3.30412(or something similar to it). The only downside is that you have to say "YES" to playing without the RTC, which means no time-based events :(. The nap to advance in-game clock seems like a great idea, but would probably require ASM(I might be wrong though, don't know anything about ASM). A better idea would be trying to port the clock hack for Ruby in GBATA. Then have it so that if the game detects no RTC, it uses the aforementioned clock hack(although this might be a lot of work too).

Also, congrats on the PowerPatch app for Android Linkandzelda! Very nice! What would be REALLY nice would be a UPS Patcher with the app too because I haven't found any app that does that and MyBoy seems to only do IPS patches. It would be awesome to play Flora Sky or Victory Fire on a Android device! :)
By the way, how many pokemon can you capture in Liquid Crystal? Do you intend on allowing all 386 pokemon to be capture able? Anyway, keep the good work! I REALLY would like this hack to be completed(with the Orange Islands that is).

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
What flash cart are you using? I have tested Liquid Crystal on a EZ-Flash IV for the GBA and I can confirm that you can play the game. The version i am playing is currently Beta 3.30412(or something similar to it). The only downside is that you have to say "YES" to playing without the RTC, which means no time-based events :(. The nap to advance in-game clock seems like a great idea, but would probably require ASM(I might be wrong though, don't know anything about ASM). A better idea would be trying to port the clock hack for Ruby in GBATA. Then have it so that if the game detects no RTC, it uses the aforementioned clock hack(although this might be a lot of work too).
I have an EZ-Flash IV. I'm using the most current version from here http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/download/. The game is under the EZ-Disk folder and not on the outside of the folder like it has to be for Pokemon Flora Sky. What could be wrong? Why would it work on VBA but not EZ-Flash IV?

Years
The elder may well give you a Dratini in LC, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't have extremespeed. I don't know if such a Dratini was in the original Crystal, it may well have been. All I'm saying is that I'm fairly sure it's not in LC, yet.
Thanks for clearifying... Also I am pretty sure Extremespeed Dratini was available in original Crystal

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Literally made an account for this. Searched the thread and the one person that asked never got answered. Where can I find the Unlocker.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
The Unlocker as in the item I need to open the door in Seafoam Islands after fighting through Rocket for Axel.

Ah yes, the way to get that item is weird.
You have to find a rocket that goes "hyuck hyuck hyuck, I quit." It's reachable in a different manner, not just using stairs, but also using those caves that make you fall down a hole. Explore around, escape rope out, retrace your steps, I actually think he's on a level with water but don't quote me on that. It's definitely there, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Ah yes, the way to get that item is weird.
You have to find a rocket that goes "hyuck hyuck hyuck, I quit." It's reachable in a different manner, not just using stairs, but also using those caves that make you fall down a hole. Explore around, escape rope out, retrace your steps, I actually think he's on a level with water but don't quote me on that. It's definitely there, though.
Ugh thank you lol. He didn't do the whole aggro on sight thing so I just assumed I had already battled that guy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
anyone know why I cant revive any fossils in goldenrod he says the machine is broken
please help

also cant do the mini tm game the shovel always breaks the 1st time.

Last edited:
Years
I have an EZ-Flash IV. I'm using the most current version from here http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/download/. The game is under the EZ-Disk folder and not on the outside of the folder like it has to be for Pokemon Flora Sky. What could be wrong? Why would it work on VBA but not EZ-Flash IV?
That is the correct link. That is the download of the newest version. Can you tell me exactly what you did? Also, for the folder thing, the folder is just the root of your miniSD or microSD card. When the game is "outside" the folder, it means the EZ-Flash IV actually wrote the game to the card ITSELF. This is the only way it can play 32MB games since it doesn't have enough space to load a 32MB game normally. That's why when you try to normally load a 32MB game(like Flora Sky or Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories), it says "PSRAM not enough". I know most people don't care about this, I just thought I would let you know :P. Anyways, here is what I did to get the game working(you can use this for all ROM hacks, because some ROM hacks will NOT work on the EZ-Flash IV without this method) :

Step 1 : Obtain a CLEAN Pokemon Fire Red ROM(It is AGAINST forum rules to post links to ROMS, you will have to find them yourself).
Step 2 : Download the most recent patch from http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/download/.
Step 3 : (If you haven't already) Download Lunar IPS : http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/.
Step 4 : Apply the Liquid Crystal patch to the Pokemon Fire Red ROM.
Step 5 : Run the game through VBA and check the build number and make sure it says "Build Number 3.3.00412"(or whatever the current build is).
Step 6 : Download GBATA : http://www.no-intro.org/gbadat/tools/gbata7a-en.zip.
Step 7 : Open the patched ROM in GBATA and go to the header viewer tab. If you look around, you should see a "FIX HEADER" button. If the button is grayed out, then skip this step. If you see it, click on it to fix the games header. This is what usually screws up the EZ-Flash IV.
Step 8 : Send the GBA file that GBATA creates to the miniSD or microSD card through the EZ-Client(available here[choose manual download] : http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-ez4-client-2009-04-03-f31119.html) as usual. Make sure that "Add Save Patch" is selected and that "Save Size" is selected at 1024K bits.
Step 9 : Play the game on the EZ-Flash IV! When the part about what time it is comes up, say "NO" to trying to look for a RTC again and and say "YES" to playing without RTC.

And that's it! You're done! This works for all ROM hacks, and I know for a fact that some hacks(like Pokemon Quartz) do NOT work until you fix the header in GBATA. Hope this helps you and anyone else trying to play LC on a EZ-Flash IV!

P.S. : If you get the "Internal Battery has run dry" error for Pokemon Ruby hacks, then you can use GBATA to fix the clock. Especially handy for hacks like Life of Guardians which use a Real Time Clock(RTC) for a Day/Night cycle! You can also use GBATA as a IPS patcher if you don't want to use Lunar IPS. Just go to the "IPS Patcher" tab. Pretty self explanatory eh?

P.P.S. : You can use the "ROM Trimmer" tab in GBATA to make the file size smaller. This means saving space on your SD card for more games and it means that the ROM loads a lot faster when you want to play the game on the EZ-Flash IV. Also, the clock patch I was talking about is from GBATA Jambo51. You can look into seeing if you can port it to Fire Red for LC and other hacks that have adapted a Day/Night cycle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
This seems exciting enough, I guess the work is still up and running right? The development is pure professionality so I want to congratulate and encourage the maker team of this hack, unstopping spree of patches and fixes. It clearly is numerous times better than some other good for nothing hacks which are full of bugs which are never taken care of. So I came here in my frustration of my lost hours and efforts into some other insignificant hack, one really shouldn't prejudge the thing just because "Hack Of The Year" was written next to it...

Is National Pokedex working? You told that you would implement Pokegear in the future, that is being the World Map/Phone device, right? So I guess that means you plan to make match calls/rematchs for future as well.

Probably this question has gone old but, will all legendaries be obtainable? Legendaries up through Generation III, that is?

Do you plan on adding any further new regions after finishing Orange Islands?

I am so excited for this hack, I guess final version will take time anyways...

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
That is the correct link. That is the download of the newest version. Can you tell me exactly what you did? Also, for the folder thing, the folder is just the root of your miniSD or microSD card. When the game is "outside" the folder, it means the EZ-Flash IV actually wrote the game to the card ITSELF. This is the only way it can play 32MB games since it doesn't have enough space to load a 32MB game normally. That's why when you try to normally load a 32MB game(like Flora Sky or Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories), it says "PSRAM not enough". I know most people don't care about this, I just thought I would let you know :P. Anyways, here is what I did to get the game working(you can use this for all ROM hacks, because some ROM hacks will NOT work on the EZ-Flash IV without this method) :

Step 1 : Obtain a CLEAN Pokemon Fire Red ROM(It is AGAINST forum rules to post links to ROMS, you will have to find them yourself).
Step 2 : Download the most recent patch from http://linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/download/.
Step 3 : (If you haven't already) Download Lunar IPS : http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/.
Step 4 : Apply the Liquid Crystal patch to the Pokemon Fire Red ROM.
Step 5 : Apply the EZ-Flash IV patch to the patched Fire Red ROM. You can find the patch here(only applies to Liquid Crystal and is not need for other ROM hacks) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pavzwcrqvzme6q9/LC%20EZ%20Patch.ips.
Step 6 : Run the game through VBA(check the build number and make sure it says "Build Number 3.3.00412".
Step 7 : Download GBATA : http://www.no-intro.org/gbadat/tools/gbata7a-en.zip.
Step 8 : Open the patched ROM in GBATA and head to the header tab. If you look around, you should see a "FIX HEADER" button. If you see it, click on it to fix the games header. This is what usually screws up the EZ-Flash IV. If the button is grayed out, then skip this step.
Step 9 : Send the game to the miniSD or microSD card through the EZ-Client as usual. Make sure that "Add Save Patch" is selected.
Step 10 : Play the game on the EZ-Flash IV! When the part about what time it is comes up, say "NO" to trying to look for a RTC again and and say "YES" to playing without RTC.

And that's it! You're done! This works for all ROM hacks, and I know for a fact that some hacks(like Pokemon Quartz) do NOT work until you fix the header in GBATA. Hope this helps you and anyone else trying to play LC on a EZ-Flash IV!

P.S. : If you get the "Internal Battery has run dry" error for Pokemon Ruby hacks, then you can use GBATA to fix the clock. Especially handy for hacks like Life of Guardians!

I see fix overdump is that it? What do I do now? Thank you for your help!:)

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
anyone know why I cant revive any fossils in goldenrod he says the machine is broken
please help

also cant do the mini tm game the shovel always breaks the 1st time.

The machine will be added in a later patch says LaZ.

The TM game is weird. I did it once, worked. Shovel broke. Went back in same day, shovel broke instantaneously. Waited a week. Shovel broke instantaneously. Waited a week. Shovel broke instantaneously. I think it's just a scripting error where the event doesn't reset.

Years
Is National Pokedex working? You told that you would implement Pokegear in the future, that is being the World Map/Phone device, right? So I guess that means you plan to make match calls/rematchs for future as well.

Probably this question has gone old but, will all legendaries be obtainable? Legendaries up through Generation III, that is?

Do you plan on adding any further new regions after finishing Orange Islands?

I am so excited for this hack, I guess final version will take time anyways...

The National Pokedex is working just fine. The poke gear works in terms of the World Map and GB Player, but the phone functionality(rematches and match calls) hasn't been implemented yet. Keep in mind that this is a CRYSTAL remake, so I don't think the legendaries from Generation III are in the game(I might be wrong though). I don't know if the game even has enough space for another region after the Orange Islands. The official games have only ever had a maximum of 2 regions, never mind 4.

I see fix overdump is that it? What do I do now? Thank you for your help!:)
Read over what I wrote. I included all the steps to the letter. That includes getting the game to go on the EZ-Flash IV.

Back