• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RetroGames: Awesome, Rare, Pirated and More! - Random Showcase: All Glitch Pokemon in Pokemon Yellow

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Some history

Some time ago, there was a Youtube channel in where you were able to watch a lot of old games; they weren't average ones, they always had something that made them special, something that nearly always attracted your attention. I don't know if many of you know about it, anyways, the YouTuber was known as CrashManEXE (BrydoRX for the last of his days online).

As one of the thousand fans of CrashManEXE, I was a guy who used to like to go to his YouTube's channel and enjoy its vast amount of gameplays about pirated, rare, radical and crappy games. It seems that CrashManEXE's videos collection took years to be what it finally was and, one day, with his withdrawal, almost every one of them disappeared from the net. Even with the existence of other channels about retrogames, CrashManEXE's showed a different style and a different way of showing the games, so I think that the event was a serious loss. It didn't only implied a masive loss of videos, but also of information (or at least, an easy way to know about it) and a rupture of the connection between every person who would be interested in discovering more about this amazing mini-world of retrogames.

And then...

Last May, I bought a wireless joystick and, with the desire to rebuild a new retro-experience like CrashManEXE's one, I decided to open a new YouTube channel. My videos aren't exactly at the same style that most of us used to enjoy, but the style is very similar and I tried to follow some specific rules for every video shown:

• Categories: that means that there's a certain order in the videos and that not all games are suitable for display.
  • I will never speak in the videos: the idea is to bring an almost intact audio experience, there are a lot of videos with a guy speaking, but sometimes is even hard to find one without a guy making comments at every part of the video.
  • Text comments: with the idea of showing or commenting about a game, every video will have comments at the bottom part of the screen.
  • Universal Language: well, this is obvious if I try to expand the experience the most I can.
  • Safety: I have a copy of every video I uploaded before so, if there was a Copyright issue (it seems ridiculous, but it might happen), I would be able to re-upload them to another site. Anyways, the videos are also considered as a way to learn about videogames industries and its consequences in our culture and economy (such as the fact that clones of old consoles were still sold some years ago, and also today), so it can also be considered as a way to have an alternative education.

Cheer up, what can you do to take part of the experience

I know that I'm not an expert about retro games, but if you want to revive the experience and take park of it, you can...

• Help with information about pirated games shown
  • Suggest other games for the future

Hey, don't kill the rules!!!!1

Well, I've read the rules and I know that I cannot show my last videos nor advertise the channel. It's a shame, but I'm trying to follow the rules the best as I can. However, there you have the actual gameplay: VS Super Mario Bros. I'm terribly sorry if the topic doesn't follow any of the rules.

Last edited:

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Okay, now let's play Popeye for the NES, some information about the game:

Popeye is a collect-all old-stylized platform game starring the famous cartoon character Popeye, developed and published by Nintendo in 1982 for arcades. The game was also ported to other platforms like Atari 2600/5200, ColecoVision, Sega Master System and on July 15th, 1983, to the NES platform.

This game is quite simple, you play as Popeye in a total of three different types of stages, your objective is to collect every item Olivia drops, dodging any enemy you can find in every level of the game, the number of enemies will increase since you get to the fourth level. Apart from moving, you can punch things (also projectiles like skulls and bottles) and collect spinach, which gives you invencibility and the power to punch Brutus. In every game, you have to be aware of the time that every item is at the bottom of the screen, because it will finally sink and you'll lose a life. Also, you have to be aware of Brutus, who will try to stop you by throwing alcohol bottles, moving down and punching up the air. However, Brutus is not totally invencible, as you can easily hit him by eating spinach or, if you have enough skill, you can trick him by throwing the bucket to his head. This tactic lets you collect the items and new ones, as they still fall to the water; however, Brutus will be able to move again from one moment to another, so it's riskier than punching him under spinach's effects.

I know that I'm a bit lazzy today, but I'm uploading another gameplay for today, so you will surely watch it very soon.

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
New year, new day and new game. Today I'm showing you Luoke Ren DX6, a Megaman clone for the Game Boy Color. The game looks very good to be an unlicensed clone, it has some good music tracks and acceptable stage designs. However, the game is a bit hard for my liking, or at least at certain points of the stages, but we have a Password screen, so it's fine for Megaman lovers.

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
For today, I'm showing you Asterix, a beat 'em all developed by Konami. The game is pretty funny, as we can expect from that famous saga, very nice graphics, a multi-player mode and, definitely, all gathered in a cartoonish world. From the second stage, the game difficulty increases, but it's a thing quite normal in all arcade games.

PD: I know that the video quality worsens at a certain point of the video, I'm sorry about that, I'm still looking for the way to fix the problem.

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Today I'm showing you Super Bubble Bobble MD, an unlicensed Bubble Bobble game for the Sega Genesis. This game is actually very good, it has very nice graphics, a quite decent soundtrack and hasn't glitches (or at least, I've found only a minor one about instruments which mute in some theme songs). Maybe, it was developed by the same guys who made Super Mario World 64, but it's not 100% sure.

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Today... more Bubble Bobble! Normally, when I upload a long video, its quality worsens at a certain minute, but I've looked for help with the quality problem in some of my videos and I'm very happy to say that it's finally fixed, so there won't be more pixelated view in my new long videos.

Additional notes: You will note that the intro of the videos has been changed, well, that is because...

• I've used the same intro video for about 40 videos (almost the half of them).
  • I think that it's time for other games to appear in the intro.
  • I've found the sound effect used for CrashManEXE, so this is also a little tribute to him.

Last edited:

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Hi guys, I'm back and ready to show you some new games. This time, I'll show you Hard Head 2, a crappy platformer developed and published by SunA for arcades. This game is a sequel of a previous one and as it is said in my country, second parts never are good, as this game seems to be made by someone with a mental disorder: deformed player, pink monkeys, animal with legs and, extra, extra and even more extra nudity. You're the one to decide if this game deserves to be in the shadows or burned with lots of fire.

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
I've upload two more videos, so we're going to have double session for today. The first game I'm going to talk about is Mega Man - The Power Battle. I think it's needless to say that this game has everything: very nice graphics, multiplayer options, good game controls and a lot of Robot Masters and obtainable power-ups:

After playing Mega Man, I played some Pac-Man Plus, it's like the original arcade game but harder and with other game changes (like different colours for the maze, new colectables and random effects for pills and items). Yes, a good game to laugh for a while, there's a bit of advertising but it's okay, it doesn't matter. And now, while you watch the videos, I'm going for some drink...

Micael Alighieri

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, almost all of us know about Pokemon, we have played a lot of games of the franchise and we can say that we have seen a lot of things about this "virtual world". I know that there are a lot of videos about these games, but this time I want to show you something different. This time there won't be normal battles, there won't be Gym Leaders, because this isn't a simple video gameplay or whatever it's called, but a showcase of every glitch Pokemon in Pokemon Yellow. Yes, there isn't anything wrong, this time I'm going to show you every Glitch Pokemon you can ever find in Pokemon Yellow, from hex value 00 to FF.

I have to say that there are two groups of "Glitch Pokemon", the one referring to "Blank Slots" and the other one, in where "Real Glitch Pokemon" are located. Originally, the amount of Pokemon which were going to appear in the final games were 190, however, due to a lack of space, the amount was shortened from 190 to 150, so they weren't added in the final versions of the games. Knowing that, all "Pokemon" belonging to "Blank Slots" were those Pokemon which were intended to appear in the games. The other group of Glitch Pokemon are what we can really call as "Real Glitches", as they are like an attempt of the games to read and show some pieces of data as real Pokémon.

I hope you enjoy these 49 minutes of video about Glitched Pokemon in Pokemon Yellow, I couldn't show two of the Glitch Pokemon because they aren't obtainable by "normal ways", but every of them are interesting and some Glitch Pokemon cause weird effects to the gaming experience, so it's worth to see the video.

Back