• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Speaking of Homika...

Nintendo of America's 'Nintendo Direct' Conference just ended, shoing off about 30 seconds to a minute of gameplay. Among them was the offical US name for the Poison-type Gym Leader.

It's Roxie. Seems to be a play at what she does, and that's play guitar. She also has a band and her gym leader platform is a rock band stage. Make of that if you will.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
It's Roxie. Seems to be a play at what she does, and that's play guitar. She also has a band and her gym leader platform is a rock band stage. Make of that if you will.

Roxie? What about poor Roxanne's pet name?

Well, I was thinking that Roxie sounds similar to "toxic", which is related to her type specialty and is incidentally the name of the badge (at least in Japanese) she gives out as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Apparently we get to face Unova Leaders in the World Tournament. And we get to face Brycen as well woot woot!

So far it looks like this.
Drayden: Haxorus, Altaria & Druddigon
Brycen: Cryogonal, Dewgong & Vanilluxe
Shizui: Jellicent, Mantine, Wailord
Way rematches in some form ^_^

Kind of sad that they got rid of Brycen's Beartic :(

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Yeah I would do without Vanilluxe and use Beartic, that would balance his two other special attackers. One special wall can take him pretty easily.

I was honestly hoping they had 6 Pokemon, just 3 were randomly selected each time.

Years
Yeah I would do without Vanilluxe and use Beartic, that would balance his two other special attackers. One special wall can take him pretty easily.

I was honestly hoping they had 6 Pokemon, just 3 were randomly selected each time.
Well Serebii said it wasn't sure if the teams were set which kind of gives me hope that they might have different teams.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Cheren's gym is a battlefield behind the school. You fight two trainers before facing him.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
So we know now that Shizuli will be the last gym leader you face, but does anybody have a guess to where his gym will be?

Perriechu

Years
So we know now that Shizuli will be the last gym leader you face, but does anybody have a guess to where his gym will be?

Nope.

Roxie doesn't appear to have a gym puzzle. You have to battle all of her band mates before you get to her though.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Ha, I was, in my clueless way, right about Roxie!! AHHAHHAHAHA...oh well, I shouldn't be bragging about not knowing that there was already a gym leader named Roxanne...fail, but whatever. I predicted it, people!

Does anyone know if the mode thingies affect the hardness of the Gym puzzles? That would be interesting.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
That would be awesome and i already have ideas

Cheren- defeat 5 instead of 2
Roxie- she can have an audience that you have to defeat too
Cheren- silk theme is trickier more trainers
Elesa- more trainers
Clay- i dont know how to improve the conveyor belt but more trainers
Skyla- n/a
Drayden- n/a
Shizui(Wade)- Trickier lily pad thingies

Years
Well it seems (I believe Serebii or one of the other sites mentioned this)
that we get the key after the E4 so the gym leaders puzzles and their teams won't change sadly.

Perriechu

Years
That would be awesome and i already have ideas

Cheren- defeat 5 instead of 2
Roxie- she can have an audience that you have to defeat too
Cheren- silk theme is trickier more trainers
Elesa- more trainers
Clay- i dont know how to improve the conveyor belt but more trainers
Skyla- n/a
Drayden- n/a
Shizui(Wade)- Trickier lily pad thingies

Skylar's gym puzzle is getting across the raised paths whilst being blown by wind. Perhaps in challenge mode the wind could be stronger and the paths could be more maze-like. Clay's gym could be darker...? But according to serebii Clay's gym is already really dark anyway it took Serebii a while to do it. Elesa's gym already has a lot of trainers. You go through her old gym and battle the trainers, then you go into the new gym, up the cat walk whilst battling more trainers. IMO Elesa's gym should just have raised levels. Roxie should just have a puzzle since she lacks one. Maybe something musical themed?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Oh, I have an idea for Roxie! You could listen to/see a rhythm that you have to replicate on the buttons. For example, each note would have a different button on it and then you'd have to press the buttons in sequence. Sorta like a memory thing. If you got it wrong then you'd have to battle extra trainers, like in Fantina's gym.

Perriechu

Years
Oh, I have an idea for Roxie! You could listen to/see a rhythm that you have to replicate on the buttons. For example, each note would have a different button on it and then you'd have to press the buttons in sequence. Sorta like a memory thing. If you got it wrong then you'd have to battle extra trainers, like in Fantina's gym.

That would be quite good. And probably would win the award for the most annoying gym puzzle ever. ._. I hate things like that but there's no doubt it would be interesting.

Years
I don't think we have challenge mode gyms though it'll be nice if we did.
If there was one Cheren's could be a group of trainers with more difficult to defeat Pokemon for the early routes like Riolu, Mareep, Marill which are stronger than what we proably will have...

Perriechu

Years
Cheren should just have a stronger team. Or just an updated team. Even if it's just one new normal Pokemon COUGH LEVEL 15 DELCATTY COUGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back