• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
Years
The movie probably will get a release. That seems inevitable. Probably will get a Sylveon Distribution Event with it too in select store 100 miles away from our homes.
Also, we're finding out the type in July? Aw, that's so long...Why not give us small snippets more often...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think they'll hold off on the typing until then. I thiiink it might be sooner than around July because they made it the first Pokemon revealed for a reason, and with more movie information coming, no doubt Sylveon stuff will come.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.

Maybe Sylveon could be a normal-type, but have the ability Silhouette. This ability allows the user to transform into any type that the opponent is weak against. (If the enemy is water-type, then Sylveon will randomly transform into either electric or grass), it keeps the same moves though, and will receive STAB bonuses for the type it changes into.

Seems a little Farfetch'd (lame pun for the win), but ideas never hurt anybody.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.

I think this could be a really good idea that could be implemented into a future game even if it's not in this series.
No kidding, I'm already having dreams about how cool this could be if when it changed types, they used a code similar to Cherrim's.
I.e. Design an eeveelution for every type that doesn't already have one and program them into Sylveon so when he/she get's hit with a move he/she transforms into that types eeveelution.
Sylveon would be a godlike Eevee, sorta like the Arceus of Eevees

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
I'm guessing it's a Ghost-type, because of the ribbons, and as for the name, I think it comes from "TranSYLVania." It's a long shot, but that's my two cents.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm guessing it's a Ghost-type, because of the ribbons, and as for the name, I think it comes from "TranSYLVania." It's a long shot, but that's my two cents.
I used the eyes as my basis, and combined it with other analysis about being the lightest.

And Ghosts fly, so yeah.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Except I don't think there's a clip anywhere (or any evidence for that matter, unless I'm missing something?) that can suggest that Sylveon can even fly? The ribbons are a hint, but that's still speculation that it even could, nonetheless. :x

Just to add on, there definitely isn't a clip showing that Sylveon can fly. At this point the speculation has kind of hit a wall since we've had no new information, and pretty much all the theories are already out there.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
When I say "fly", I mean more like levitation, not actual flying. Though I am sure most ghosts fly in some way to get where they're going. It could be ghostly-type flying with the ribbons, but I can't see it soaring through the sky as a bird with wings.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'd hope they do it a month sooner, but I guess they don't want people making movie predictions.

I wonder if the movie will get international release...

Cyclone

No. Its Japan only right now. It'll get its international release later, like 3 or 4 months later I think is the usual period between.

The movie probably will get a release. That seems inevitable. Probably will get a Sylveon Distribution Event with it too in select store 100 miles away from our homes.
Also, we're finding out the type in July? Aw, that's so long...Why not give us small snippets more often...
Movie wise, its a normal movie release. The Main movie is Gen 5 not 6. It'll air in Japan, we'll get a Cartoon Network airing 3 months ish afterwards, then it'll hit international DVD like they always do. The Movie has been advertised in Japan for a while and no advertisement has been made internationally so its basically a normal routine for the movie.

As for news, Pokemon already gives more than we should be getting from any gaming company. Don't expect any relevant or big news for the next few months. If we get something it's most likely not going to be what we've been waiting for.

I don't think they'll hold off on the typing until then. I thiiink it might be sooner than around July because they made it the first Pokemon revealed for a reason, and with more movie information coming, no doubt Sylveon stuff will come.

Sylveon's release reason was for the Japanese Movie Short. No other reason. That said, they really have no reason to show the type until the movie simply because Sylveon is only to promote that....and its the 6th Pokemon released XD

So they'll probably hold off until the movie, for possible spoiler reasons, and because it doesn't really have anything to do with international info. If we weren't getting Sylveon in the movie coming to Japan only (another possible reason since Sylveon's Movie isn't international, its japan only), we probably would have gotten its type already.

We'll probably get Xerneas and Yveltal's types before Sylveon's.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Though It really looks like that this eeveelution is a flying type I chose Normal type!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
If it would turn out to be Ghost type, everbody would be astound! It eill be a major twist in the Ghodt type section. But to see a Pokémon that changes the look of a type is really good thought by GF.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Just throwing this out there. If it is indeed a Ghost type, maybe it changes forms at night. Maybe to a more Ghost-ish looking appearance. I know that's reaching but I don't know. But to do with forms, I think the male/female counterparts theory like mentioned is more believable. I'm still rooting for Flying type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wouldn't mind if it were Ghost, it'll be good to see another Ghost type that isn't mostly grey, purple, or black.
Also if it's Ghost I imagine it's ability may be something hp related, or perhaps it'll be a ups Ghost moves in a Pinch kind of ability, that or simply levitate...

Years
If it had another forme (I've noticed the starters have been the only new Pokémon where formes haven't been talked about as of late) I imagine it to look like a white or lightblue version of pink Sylveon. I doubt it'll have another forme but one never knows.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If it had another forme (I've noticed the starters have been the only new Pokémon where formes haven't been talked about as of late) I imagine it to look like a white or lightblue version of pink Sylveon. I doubt it'll have another forme but one never knows.
As a betting ma-...storm system, I say it won't have another Forme. This is an Eeveelution; unless it's itself legendary (who knows?), I can't see it happening.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't see an Eeveelution getting a form change. I mean, it already now has eight evolutions, does it actually need any sort of form to change it even further?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A form change to be more Ghostly at night would be awesome. It could be a curse laid upon it :3

Years
Not unless Sylveon is the all the other types in one do I see it getting formes.

I hope GF and Nintendo will at least drop some hints even if they will wait it out until the short comes out to reveal it's typing, though I doubt they'll keep it a secret until July...

Back