• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I was reading about Impostor Ability Ditto earlier, and read that it's somewhat easier to obtain with "Pass Powers" (I'm a bit unfamiliar with those; I just know that they give you some type of benefit in BW/B2W2 and that they're associated with the Entralink/Entree Forest...?).

Is it possible to obtain Pass Powers by yourself (i.e., without the help of any other players)? Do you need Wi-Fi or Dream World connectivity (or any sort of online/Internet connectivity) in order to access them? Thanks in advance.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I was reading about Impostor Ability Ditto earlier, and read that it's somewhat easier to obtain with "Pass Powers" (I'm a bit unfamiliar with those; I just know that they give you some type of benefit in BW/B2W2 and that they're associated with the Entralink/Entree Forest...?).

Is it possible to obtain Pass Powers by yourself (i.e., without the help of any other players)? Do you need Wi-Fi or Dream World connectivity (or any sort of online/Internet connectivity) in order to access them? Thanks in advance.

There are Pass Powers that increase the rate things appear in grottos. You can earn it on your own, but it will take a while, because the lowest rank of this particular Pass Power requires your tree to be Lv.10. You don't need WiFi to do missions with yourself or others, its done over IR. Your tree gains experience based on your scores in Funfest Missions.

Heres some helpful links:
http://serebii.net/black2white2/passpowers.shtml
http://serebii.net/black2white2/funfestmission.shtml

I read that you can fight wild pokemon in White Treeholow.How is that possible?(cause i want some items from them)

You can't. It was possible to find wild Pokemon in White Forest in White 1, however.

Years
I read that you can fight wild pokemon in White Treeholow.How is that possible?(cause i want some items from them)

There's a ton of items to get there, but you have to beat the boss trainer of that area, and if you do, you only get 1-2 items max per area. Those items are mostly vitamins - Calciums, Proteins, Rare Candys, some of the EV berries, etc. I don't think there's any wild Pokemon there.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
When you go online, your pokemon that are above level 50 are rounded down to 50. Does this mean that your stats go to what they were at 50? (meaning if I didn't evolve my Riolu until 51, the stats would reverse back to what they were at 50 as Riolu instead of Lucario's level 50 stats?).

Also would it be best to evolve my riolu at an earlier level because I noticed that I am still gaining speed and attack EVs from EV training past level 50... Will my EVs be maxed out in online play?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When you go online, your pokemon that are above level 50 are rounded down to 50. Does this mean that your stats go to what they were at 50? (meaning if I didn't evolve my Riolu until 51, the stats would reverse back to what they were at 50 as Riolu instead of Lucario's level 50 stats?).

Also would it be best to evolve my riolu at an earlier level because I noticed that I am still gaining speed and attack EVs from EV training past level 50... Will my EVs be maxed out in online play?

When your Pokémon are taken down to level fifty, their stats would be lowered as well, unfortunately. ): You're free to evolve your Riolu whenever you want, but I would recommend training it a bit further since it's still gaining Speed and Attack EVs. Also, you would be able to teach this Pokémon a move called Final Gambit when it's at level fifty-five.

Your EVs won't be affected when you're battling online. You should be able to keep them as they are.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
When your Pokémon are taken down to level fifty, their stats would be lowered as well, unfortunately. ): You're free to evolve your Riolu whenever you want, but I would recommend training it a bit further since it's still gaining Speed and Attack EVs. Also, you would be able to teach this Pokémon a move called Final Gambit when it's at level fifty-five.

Your EVs won't be affected when you're battling online. You should be able to keep them as they are.

Ah yes. I've already applied 252 to Speed and Attack, 6 to HP. So all I would have to do it maxe sure I've obtained all my Evs, and then I'll be good for online while keeping all 510 Evs?

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ah yes. I've already applied 252 to Speed and Attack, 6 to HP. So all I would have to do it maxe sure I've obtained all my Evs, and then I'll be good for online while keeping all 510 Evs?

Thanks.

If you evolved your Riolu into a Lucario at level 51, it would have Lucario's level 50 Stats not Riolu's. When a Pokemon evolves even at the same level that it was before, its stats do change to meet the standards set by the new form. So even though your stats revert a Level 50 Lucario that you are using would still be stronger than when it was a Level 50 Riolu.

(Felt that half the question was missed so I'm adding to what Perdition Haze said.)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

Thanks.

All of your EVs are retained, it just takes 8 EVs per stat point after being flattened to lv50.

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2017
Where should I EV Train the Shiny Gible I just got at lvl1? I wanna use him for competitive battling.

Also, how will the EV be distributed if 2 Pokemon gained experience in battle? Will the 2 EV Points be divided to the two Pokemon? (1 each?)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Where should I EV Train the Shiny Gible I just got at lvl1? I wanna use him for competitive battling.

Also, how will the EV be distributed if 2 Pokemon gained experience in battle? Will the 2 EV Points be divided to the two Pokemon? (1 each?)

EV train it at Flocessy Ranch for Attack (Patrat, Lillipup, Pidove and Riolu provide 1 Attack EV each; you have a 60% chance of running into one of them). For Speed, EV train by Surfing at the pond in Route 19; the Basculin there provide 2 Speed EVs each. But first, I'd recommend battling a high level Audino to level Gible up to an acceptable level for battling. (send Gible in first, preferably holding the Lucky Egg, then switch to something else that can take Audino). While you're doing the EV training, I'd recommend giving Gible the Power Bracer, then the Power Anklet (or vice-versa; make sure that while you EV train for Attack, use the Bracer and for Speed, use the Anklet).

If two Pokemon participate in the same battle, they still gain EVs from that battle.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
What stats are you planning to raise?

Attack power: I'd train at Victory Road and fight Golurk and Banett. Each gives you 2 attack EV each, and if you have a ghost Pokemon, you can quickly dispose of them while transfering the EV points via EXP share.

If you want Gible to fight them on it's own, place it in the Daycare until around level 50. Then teach it Shadow Claw, and make it wear Macho Brace (4 attack EV) or the EV power item (I can't remember it's name, but you buy it at PWT or Battle Subway. It gets you 6 attack EV a pop!)

When 2 Pokemon gain exp in battle, each Pokemon gains the full EV count, and are not divided in any way. So it is in your best interest to use EXP share to EV train 2 Pokemon at one time. Note: the Pokemon using EXP share cannot hold macho Brace or any Power item.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I just wanna say one thing before this continues any further,

I believe this will be my second time doing this, but I know it will be my last. A lot of the questions I have recently seen pop up here in both Quick Questions threads have been pretty off topic from the Fifth Generation. If you have a small question concerning Black and White, or Black 2 and White 2, please, post them in their respective Quick Questions thread. Otherwise, if you have questions about such things as EV/IVs, damage calculation, Hidden Power calculation, ROMs, trading, competitive battling of any kind, in-game team help, which of the Fifth Generation games you should buy, do not post them here.

Competitive Battling help can be found here: Battle Center
Trading Pokemon can be found here: Trade Corner
In-Game Team Help can be found here: In-Game Team Help thread
Other Pokemon General Gaming topics can be found here: Pokemon Gaming Central

If in no way your question does not specifically, 100% deal with the Fifth Generation, such as Pokemon locations, Pokemon movesets, Pokemon etc, trainers, gym leaders, characters, areas, item locations, what to do next, etc, your post will be deleted, and you will receive a warning from here on out.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
EV train it at Flocessy Ranch for Attack (Patrat, Lillipup, Pidove and Riolu provide 1 Attack EV each; you have a 60% chance of running into one of them). For Speed, EV train by Surfing at the pond in Route 19; the Basculin there provide 2 Speed EVs each. But first, I'd recommend battling a high level Audino to level Gible up to an acceptable level for battling. (send Gible in first, preferably holding the Lucky Egg, then switch to something else that can take Audino). While you're doing the EV training, I'd recommend giving Gible the Power Bracer, then the Power Anklet (or vice-versa; make sure that while you EV train for Attack, use the Bracer and for Speed, use the Anklet).

If two Pokemon participate in the same battle, they still gain EVs from that battle.

No! If you train with audino, I will gain HP points! And you don't want that at least before attack and speed! give rare candys or let it in the day care to level 10 or something. It won't gain EV points there

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
So I just got my shiny dratini from Benga :) I'm planning on EVing the Dratini and I have a few questions before I start if you only know the answer to one that is ok.

1. Is there a way for me to "force" multiscale on to my Dragonite when it evolves? For example can I save before the evolution and if it is not mutiscale I can restart or would that not work?

2. Do you think I should focus on Attack or Special Attack, I am going for a solo run beast so my two choices are

a) Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Earthquake with a focus on the Attack Stat

b) Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Earthquake/Surf with a focus on the Special Attack Stat

Please help :) (Keep in mind that Dragonites Sp.A=100 & Atk=134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back