• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Unfortunitly not. I was considering it but as it's in the Japanese rom of crystal only and I'm remaking the US version. And I also dont know what its used for ether.

link

Link, look up here: http://www.serebii.net/crystal/differences.shtml I don't know if it is possible to add all of the features in the Hack though.

I suggest you should improve some tiles of the game. Like shinygold :D. Well, I'm happy your hack is back. GL and add some mingames or some new quest :D

The tiles are already improved a lot. I don't think copying tiles from SG is a good idea.

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Another idea about Team Rocket sparked up i'ma link.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Link, look up here: http://www.serebii.net/crystal/differences.shtml I don't know if it is possible to add all of the features in the Hack though.

The tiles are already improved a lot. I don't think copying tiles from SG is a good idea.

Thanks. I'll have a look at that now.

Its taken a while to find a good combination. Glad we chose the right one :)

Why copy ? it has too be unique not copied lol

Agreed. Copying from SG is not my way.

Another idea about Team Rocket sparked up i'ma link.

ok. send it in a PM.

Progress report: We have been mostly fixing bugs and toching up on things. All the berry trees are now complete and fully working. we have added in some new music (Thanks Clonex25) for route 29, route 30/intro, trainer battle and wild battle. Unfortunitly i spoke too soon with the VS seeker. My idea didnt work :(. stay tuned for more updates.

link

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Wii the Pokecom (The giant Pokecenter in Goldenrod which is only in Crystal Version)
be in the Hack?

In Fire Red there is the Pokemon Network Center on One Island it does a similar purpose. Its a big Poke Center with that you can connect to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, hope this be added. I sent Team Rocket over the PM.

The mobile adapter of the Japanese Crystal Version ECC Poke Center in Goldenrod was a attempt of implementing wireless trade and battling features for the first time. This which was added in FR, LG through the Pokemon Network Center on One Island in which the game came with a Wireless Adapter, made The GBA Link a Legacy. Crystal Version failed to this because wireless capabilities of portable games was limited. Now the DS has wireless functions. Unless it was a Poke Center connecting to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald what would be the purpose.

linkandzelda

Years
In Fire Red there is the Pokemon Network Center on One Island it does a similar purpose. Its a big Poke Center with that you can connect to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, hope this be added. I sent Team Rocket over the PM.

The mobile adapter of the Japanese Crystal Version ECC Poke Center in Goldenrod was a attempt of implementing wireless trade and battling features for the first time. This which was added in FR, LG through the Pokemon Network Center on One Island in which the game came with a Wireless Adapter, made The GBA Link a Legacy. Crystal Version failed to this because wireless capabilities of portable games was limited. Now the DS has wireless functions. Unless it was a Poke Center connecting to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald what would be the purpose.

Ive decided that any fearures to do with trading/wireless battleing will be left out/not supported. I'm doing this because im making this game for VBA to be played on a PC and nothing else. The pokedex will hopfully be able to be completed so no trading will be needed. As for battleing well you'll see :)

link

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
Wooooooooooo! a G/S/C remake!!!! i love g s c :P they were the best games ever to come out! and one of the best because day/night !!! woo i wish you my best of luck on your hack and to all your scripter/workers :D! good luck and have fun xD cant wait.

and...

the new tiles look awesome ^_^

SamieNiceGuy

Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
Great job on this, I hope you will complete it soon since zel can not.

... since zel can not. he can complete anything... more than you can 'the imortal' bet you cant even make a rom ^^ so you shouldent say things like that and you should wait.

The Immortal

★ BEST IN THE WORLD ★
Years
I didn't mean that, zel's current status says he is really busy and SG development is delayed greatly.

So what I meant was, I hope linkandzelda completes this soon because zel is busy and can not complete SG soon.

Your name should be SamieJackAss because God knows, that's what you are.

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
STOP SPAMMING THE DAMN THREAD!
besides, we're not aiming to finish this before zel. We already have a wide variety of differences between His shiny Gold and Our Liquid Crystal. We've been doing testing and planning new areas and assing to the story a bit :)
so stay tuned for updates :)

SamieNiceGuy

Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
Your name should be SamieJackAss.

Off topic...
SamieJackAss ?? not one bit funny ;l your the jackass ^^

On topic
anyway. of corse this will be a good rom roxas ^^ it's g/s/c one of the best. good luck :D

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
It'S a very good ROM hack ;)

thanks

cant wait for this hack to be beta released im defently Staying tuned :)

I think about 88% of the beta is complete.

Off topic...
SamieJackAss ?? not one bit funny ;l your the jackass ^^

On topic
anyway. of corse this will be a good rom roxas ^^ it's g/s/c one of the best. good luck :D

Try not to go off topic please. I also think that g/s/c is the best (thats why i choose it XD).

like it
keep up the good work

Thanks.

progress update: moving smoothly and getting closer to a release. Ive made the trainers pokemon slightly higher than the orginal because it was far too easy. Stay tuned for more updates soon.
link

SamieNiceGuy

Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
linkandzelda thats why i posted it in yellow... so people would know it's off topic. and also 88% is amazing. looks like your doing it fast ^_^ so i guess theres no bugs right ?

linkandzelda

Years
linkandzelda thats why i posted it in yellow... so people would know it's off topic. and also 88% is amazing. looks like your doing it fast ^_^ so i guess theres no bugs right ?

Well. Ive tested all the way up the before ice path and fixed all bugs on the way.
I have noticed that me fixing the bugs as i go has created more bugs (for some reason some scripts keep overighting themself and dissapearing) I'm doing an event at ecruteak at the momment so when that done i still need to do the league and then touch ups and then a final test and then a release. still quite a bit too do i think but me and zeikku work fast together. still cant say a time until a release yet though.

edit: Guys. I'm in need of ONE beta tester. ive decided im not going to pick people im gonna let people ask. but theres a catch. the quickest person to send me a pm asking will be the one i choose. i only need one so when i have one i'll repy back here to say so i dont get tons of people asking.

edit2: a beta tester has been chosen. thank you for your time

link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back