• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Amanda Smith

Amanda smiled dusting off her clothes "some people don't understand why someone chooses to be a mono-type trainer. Back home I was questioned about it a lot. I'm glad I met someone who is a mono-type trainer as well" she said grinning back at him for a second. "well you see, my mothers side of the family have been psychics for generations. I can't do much though, my mom says it'll get stronger as I get older." she said pausing for a minute. "i can read thoughts but I have to concentrate to do so. I also can do this" she said smiling softly as she looked at her belt levitating the Pokeball to her hand. "I can't do more than lift a Pokeball"

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Zoroark

Zoroark watched Kiyoko for a moment with an intrigued gaze. What was it the kid was curious about, he wondered.

His eyes widened just a small bit as Kiyoko asked his question. Why did he ask about that in a room of teenagers? Well he can't blame him. It's an honest question. Besides, it's not like any of the trainers besides N could hear their conversation . . . right?

Now why are you concerned about a Mate? he asked. I don't have a mate, yet I live an alright life.

He shook his head and approached the younger dark pokemon.

Look, you're young and all. Four years right? You don't /have/ to have a mate this soon in your life. I mean, if you don't believe me, look at Natural. He doesn't have a mate. Sure, he had a chance to get a mate once, but other than that he's happy living with all of his friends.

He bent his back for a second before he looked back down at Kiyoko. But look. . . you've got a lot more potential than other Zorua's to grow up into a very strong and impressively powerful pokemon as soon as your strength is back up and all. Plus look at yourself! How could a girl not enjoy your coloring! It makes ya unique and all.

A thought came to him after a few seconds. There's two ways you can get the whole thing to work. 1) You go out and find a mate. 2) You let the mate come and find you. Don't rush it, okay?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiyoko, Chapter 3: Class

CLASS
Potential

Kiyoko tilted his head, even blushed slightly at so much praise. W-well, maybe your level of importance for love is lower than mine... I-I don't know why... It's just something I want... My feelings... I just... Kiyoko was flustered and his sentences were sputtered. Even he didn't know why he wanted it so much. I just... I want it to happen soon... And I don't know how to look... And I don't see why anyone would find me interesting... You know...? Kiyoko looked up to Zoroark, hoping for some sort of answer.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Zoroark

Zoroark just rolled his eyes and gave a small sigh at Kiyoko. He looked like he was expecting that answer.

Hey. It's not that I don't value love less than you do, he began. Everyone wants to feel loved and appreciated. Some of the friends N has made over the years was because he gave them those feelings they wanted. Not because he had to. He wanted to.

He shook his head and looked at Kiyoko. Love comes in a variety of forms. It doesn't always have to be romantic.

You know what? Last I checked, I think there are some wild Zorua on this island, he began.

Then again, he began with a mild hint of annoyance. There are quite a few students that have Zorua's of their own. I know I at least met one annoying one the other day when you fell down in front of us.

He shrugged. Most people say "be yourself." And you know what? If that doesn't work, a good growl can get any female going~

And with that, he gave a small growl like you see one person give to someone they think is attractive.

Kinda like that.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

CLASS
Grrrrrarrrr...!

Kiyoko giggled, and his fluffy tail wagged in delight, and he repeated the growl as best he could. Grrrrrarrrr...! He was actually pretty decent at making a semi-seductive growl, even though he's so young. He tilted his head, though. Okay, so... How do I know if I find the right one...? He glanced around the room, then back at Zoroark. I just... I really want it to happen soon...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Zoroark

Heheheheheh. Yeah you got it, Zoroark said as he listened to Kiyoko's growl. Growling won't work all the time, but it helps out quite a lot.

Finding the right one? I wouldn't know. Truth is barely anyone knows. You could be like some pokemon and have a bunch of different mates that are just temporary. But you want more of the one mate only type thing right? he asked. I guess you could say it's all about following your heart or something. Whatever that saying is.

Zoroark gave him a skeptical look and stared down at him. Look. . . ya don't need to make it happen so soon ya know. Don't rush into things. Most good relationships take time and stuff. It took me and quite a few other pokemon a while to trust N and accept him as a friend. The type of relationship you want takes even longer to get done. You'll probably find someone soon.

He gave a shrug. Even if ya don't, it's not the end of the world. Oh yeah. Be careful on the first few meetings with the girls and all. I'd imagine you don't wanna end up making an egg on the first time ya meet a girl right?~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Woah!" Lincoln exclaimed, seeing the pokeball float to Manda's hand. He'd seen psychics before on his travels with his dad, but he'd never expected to really meet one.

Don't think of anything dirty, don't think of anything dirty...

"That's pretty cool! And, like, I get what you mean about being a mono-type trainer too. Everyones all like, hey bro, you're limiting yourself and showing a weakness and bla bla bla, y'know? The way I see it, if my opponent know I only use Rock types, it like, gives me an advantage. Because they expect me to be one way, and I'm not, so they're actually the limited ones!" Lincoln seemed to be very passionate and excited about this topic, rambling on as they moved through the Academy.

"Cause like, hey, this guy uses Rock types and they're weak against Grass types, but some Rock types can use fire moves. So... uh... sorry, am I like, making any sense? I guess I'm talking too much, huh?" He grinned sheepishly - he hadn't had a chance to talk to anyone about this stuff except his dad.

Nika Valentine

Sighing, Nika slid the letter back inside the envelope and put it away in one of her desk drawers. There was absoloutely no sense in sitting here continuing to mull things over - whatever group had sent her the egg clearly meant well, whoever they were. Hopefully their 'signature type' was Bug... or at least rare, so she could trade it for a Bug-type.

Tidying her appearance and checking that she once again had everything, Nika picked up the egg case and left the dorm room. She wasn't sure where she was going, but maybe a walk would help clear her head.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

CLASS
Origin of the Egg

Kiyoko tilted his head, wide-eyed. Um, yeah.... And I do want one mate... Kind of thing... So I should just wait for a girl? He seemed very puzzled. So much information for him so fast; yet he still wanted more. His purple eyes looked rather determined to make sure he finds a mate. B-but I should wait...? Maybe growl? Um.... Hm... He was lost, which made him decide to bring up another question. Um... How are eggs made?

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Brian turned beet red and opened his mouth several times. Duster giggled at him and shook her head, not saying a word. She was too afraid she'd burst out laughing and fall off of his shoulder if she tried. Brian had to try several moments before he could even think of something to say.

"U-um... I-I'm sure we will be best friends... And I'd do it for anyone..." he said slowly, his ears even turning red. He stopped and looked around, as they had arrived at the cafeteria. This allowed him to change the subject rather quickly.

"You can walk around the building and see each Dorm. That way with the red roof is our dorm, the Entei Dorm. My best friend Skye is also in that dorm... Erm... Over there is the Raikou Dorm. A few of my other friends are in that Dorm, and I kind of hang out there sometimes. And this way is the Suicune Dorm. I only know one person there, cause the rest of them don't really talk to me." he said, pointing at the buildings with the red, yellow, and blue roofs, ignoring the one with the white roof that was barely visible.

Drake

Drake nodded at her and chuckled a bit when she began to skip. Seriously, who skips anymore? Apparently she did. But he smiled slightly at her.

"Well, if you're sure, then come to the Daycare Center after class tomorrow. Today you should get settled in and make some friends." he said after a moment as he walked down the road. "As for me, I need to speak with Lance about something." he added after a moment.

Quin

The Luxray growled and slammed her head into Ezar, sending her rolling across the ground. She popped up and growled. The Luxray was slowly weakening from that Poison Sting, but Ezar wasn't exactly able to handle the fierce and reckless attacking Luxray. She was slowly being worn down, and was already panting.

"MAN!" a yellow and blue shape shouted, skidding past the door on the broken tiles before bounding into the room and aiming a Double Kick at Quin's head. Quin yelped and dove to the ground, and the Manectric slid a few feet. The teenager was on his feet and dashed to Ezar, using a Super Potion on her. Arcino burst from his pokeball and made a mocking gesture at the Luxray, who ignored it, and the Manectric, who roared angrily. The Luxray growled, and the Manectric backed off a bit, and they both began to circle Quin and his pokemon.

(Round two: Quin with Ezar and Arcino vs Sparx and Volt... Er, the Luxray and the Manectric. Yay for references!)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
"You ready to find some more pokemon Scyther?" Jay said as he walked in front of one of the Suicune Dorms with his Scyther. He spun his bag around on his shoulder to look into it as he walked..."Let's see what we have in here...Potions...Some pokeballs..A revive...And a few berries! I think thats good enough" He said stopping in front of the dorms door and looking around, "Nooooow where to go."

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Amanda Smith

Amanda smiled more eyes shining as she put the Pokeball back on her belt. "I understand completely. Trainers underestimate people who choose to train one type of Pokemon. I've had people ask me before if I dislike types of Pokemon. I don't I love all of them I just choose to train Psychic types." she said smiling more. "it's fine, and I've only ever had my mom to talk about this too, by the way... thank you" she said shyly pausing.

"back home, I was made fun of, by all the other kids for years because I'm a psychic. They didn't understand, and made fun of me for being different. Thanks for being so accepting, Your the first person my age who hasn't been mean"

Sapphire Dillon

Sapphire smiled blushing and giggled a little bit as Bri turned beet red and struggled to speak for a minute. She nodded her head and looked at each of the buildings, making sure to remember that the Entei dorm had a red roof. She decided not to bring up what she had said before and smiled at him. "I'll make sure to remember which building is which dorm" she said happily. Looking around she spotted a barely visible building with a white roof.

"hey Bri, what's that building back there. With the white roof?" she asked curiously.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Zoroark

Zoroark rubbed the back of his head at that.

Uh. . . Hm. . . good question, he replied as he thought about it. I don't know the exact answer myself. I just know that there's really no one way to do the whole one mate thing correctly. Guess it all depends on what kind of girl ya want. You could go out and try to find her, or you could just wait naturally for the right girl to show up. Basically, you and the girl both have to have mutual feelings for one another if you want a good relationship to work. Sure there might be flaws, but if you're both fine with both the good and bad parts of each other and the relationship then you'll get the relationship to work.

He never thought he of all people would be giving relationship advice to someone. Let alone a little kid.

He sorta stared wide-eyed at Kiyoko when he asked his next question. Zoroark looked around the room at the other pokemon that were present in the class, plus the rest of the students and N. He had no clue just how many people could overhear their private conversation, be they pokemon or human.

He at least knew N was in listening distance of them.

. . . Zo. . . I'll tell you about that later. When we're alone. Now isn't exactly a good time for me to answer that question. . . what with so many other kids present, Zoroark replied. While I would get a good laugh at explaining all this and seeing people's expressions upon learning this stuff, it wouldn't be very appropriate. Plus I'm pretty sure either myself or N would get in trouble for talking about such a thing in such detail in a classroom.

Guess you could say the real thing you should be thinking about right now is what kind of mate you'd want. Personality wise anyways, Zoroark explained to Kiyoko.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Linc looked at her as they walked along, seeming genuinely confused. "Why would they pick on you? It's awesome. And, like, really useful as a trainer! You can know your opponents strategy, or like, totally mind-read what move they're going to use before they use it. They're probably just jealous, y'know?"

Nika Valentine

Nika left the Suicine Dorms and paused, holding the egg case close to her chest. There was another kid walking around with a Scyther. She'd always wanted a Scyther, but they were super hard to catch and could be even harder to train due to their usually stubborn nature. Not to mention how rare they were to someone from Unova like her.

She was probably staring more than was polite.​

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
James "Jay" Storeson

Jay turns around and sees a girl holding an egg close to her chest staring at him. "Uh...Hello." He called out as he walked over with his Scyther. "Im James Storeson, but everyone calls me Jay." he said as his Scyther jumped around.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

CLASS
Key Features

Oh... Okay... He wondered to himself, Why did Zoroark react like that? Do all adults get weird with that question...? He shivered and pondered the thought. What do I want in a mate...? Kiyoko thought about it for quite some time. I guess... What I want... Is someone who cares for me... Won't try to hurt me... And will try to stay with me as much as i want to stay with her... Um... I guess same interests is a big part too...

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Raizer hurried back to Isaac and dropped the pokedex at histrainer's feet. Isaac patted Razier affectionately on the head, but when hepulled his hand back he found it covered in soot. This couldn't end well. Issac sighed, and shook his head. He'd deal with it when the problem presenteditself. For now he had his other pokemon to focus on.

The trio had begun to open up a bit more going for attacksinstead of just counters. Cauldero had kept his distance the most though. Hewas strong against Hallow, but Ace was the pokemon he fought when Isaac caughthim. Cauldero knew how strong Ace was compared to him. Ace had to focus onHallow more than Cauldero anyway since the scythe was going all out against himtrying to hit him with all sorts of attacks with his scythes. Isaac was overall being rather impressed, but the trio still hadn't overcome their specificissues. The ones he'd hope they'd work out. Ace was getting overly aggressive towardsHallow, and was beginning to take cheap shots. Hallow meanwhile wasn't changingstrategy based on that. He simply kept up his wild lunges and slashes. Caulderowas doing the best at getting past his problem. He was a slow pokemon and agood defensive battler, but no battle could be won using defense alone. At leastCauldero was sending in a rock tomb or fire spin now and again.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

Alice's attention was drawn by a voice. She recognised it as Kilik's, one of his classmates. He said he would be catching something, and when her attention turned to him, she saw that he was talking about a Gligar. Curious about how to catch a Pokémon, she decided to watch the battle. She watched as Kilik sent his Oshawott to attack the Gligar. Then, the boy took out a Great Ball, which Alice recognised because of its blue coloring, and threw it at the Gligar. Alice and Jello both watched as the Gligar went inside the ball and the altter started to shake.

"Wow...So that's how it's done." she said, and smiled. Her mind seemed to have forgotten about all those evil Pokémon Hilda told her about.

Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy grabbed Kaida and pulled her away from Zekrom, right before N sent it back inside a Pokéball. Kaida turned around and looked at Jimmy with sad, angry eyes. She growled at him, and crossed her arms, apparently mad at him for what he had done. Jimmy was about to say something, but was interrupted by N's voice. The teacher said he might have gone overboard with the demonstration, then asked if anyone had any questions.

"Yeah, I got one." he said, "Where do I get a Pokémon like that?"

Jimmy had no idea that Zekrom was a legendary Pokémon, and that legendary Pokémon were not easy to obtain. But Jimmy could see that Zekrom was powerful, and wanted some of that power. Nobody would cross his way if he had it.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac often checked his pokedex after one of his pokemon made a move. He went over the common strong points of the pokemon's species and the other bonuses they got from things like abilities. In all truth it was rather stunning when all three shifted into top gear.

Ace fell back and whipped up a sandstorm then vanished inside the swirling sands. Hallow stood his ground between both Culdero, who had begun to liter the field with rock spires, and Ace. When Ace and Cauldero charged him Hallow was a blur. He blasted straight up into the sky and crashed back down sending Ace flying back and Cauldero staggering. Aerial Ace. Isaac recognized the styling of the move. Raizer often used it in battles, but Hallow put Raizer's attack to shame. Isaac checked over his pokedex entry. Scyther was a part flying type, so he got a bonus there, and with his Technician ability Hallow again had his power boosted.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
"Oookay something very weird is going on today, cause, what are the chances that two total mess ups could happen and a clear sky turn into a thunderstorm? What's more is that a pokemon suddenly went looney!" thought Gen. He was focused on the class but it was pretty dang weird for something like that to happen. anyway, Maxwell had cracked the rock and apparently a tiny piece of metal was in there, god knows what metal though.

So it was time for Gen to get his punishment. "Kid, what a pretty little mess you mad there, I would like to make ya battle with Maxie there but this is Mining class so battles are not on the agenda." said Byron, annoyed about the mess Gen had made out of his table. Byron mumbled a bit and continued,"In exchange, you have to crack an extra two rocks, I will melt it and then I'll use the melted metal to cover the hole, so get working! And get that silly otter to help you, along with any other pokemon you have max two!"

Gen sighed, he was never a fan of physical labor, but he had to do it. "Ooi, Darrumel, c'mere for a minute and break this rock would you?" asked Gen

He let Hyper out and the Elekid cross chopped two rocks and destroyed both easily. Darrumel just cut it in to with razor shell, and then Gen used his pickaxe to destroy it. Byron took the pieces of rock from both kids and gestured them to go back to their chairs.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
As every effort to wake Katam up wasn't working, Maxwell returned his Tympole back into its Pokéball. He looked down at the splitted rock, woah, it was like some kind of metal was inside it. It glimmered with a pretty shine, and Slackey almost seemed engulfed in looking at the rock.

Afterwards, Byron began talking about wanting to make Maxwell and Gen fight it out in a Pokémon-battle. The brown-haired youth shone up, a battle? AWESOME! But unfortunately, Byron explained that there was no room for battling right now. Maxwell's happy and excited face quickly changed into a dissapointed expression, kinda like you would see in a cartoon or a comedy show.

Their almighty teacher then issued Gen a "punishment". Breaking two extra rocks? Didn't seem like much of a sweat to Maxwell, then again he would probably mess that up too. Royally. He was also supposed to use two Pokémon to help him out? That also didn't seem like much of a sweat, but in his current situation Maxwell was no man to talk. He watched as Gen sent out another Pokémon to help him besides his otter with the gravity-defying hair. It was an Elekid. Maxwell smiled a bit when he saw the Electric-type, at least it was a Pokémon that he recognized.

He picked up Slackey and promptly placed the sloth back on his head. Then he started to withdraw back to his desk as Byron had asked him to do. As Maxwell sat down he started to hum a familiar yet happy tune.

Back