• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww happy to see another one of my little Swablu getting into RNG. :) Nice Tangela, Rogue!

Anyway, I had known about RNG for a long time cause I saw some videos of it. I tried to get into it in maybe ummm...09? But didn't have a way to get my SID so yeah gave up then. Then I started talking to Mac after making a BP in his thread (which is mine also now!) and I started going to trade corner chat and the wonderful people in there, and Blade's guide, helped me learn. :) Too bad I haven't done an RNG in so long lol. :(

Crescend

Breeder
Years
Also, I'm trying to catch another Pokemon. I'm on the step where you copy your seed to clipboard after finding it in the time finder, and then you paste it into the box on the main window (after selecting Gen 5 PIDRNG and having all the other necesities filled in/selected). When I paste any seed with "None" for Required Lead, the rest of the process goes smoothly, and I am able to RNG the target easily. However, whenever I paste a seed with anything requiring a cute charm lead, my match doesn't show up on the list. ;n; (I'm using the latest version of RNG Reporter, btw) Anyone know what's wrong? I'll provide screenshots if needed.

I'm guessing you didn't enter the cute charm option on the main window. It's hidden under the syncronize button, click on that once and it lets you choose what type of cute charm you're using. The frames are slightly different depending on whether you choose that option or not ;)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
pokemon-conquestd.jpg

Challenge #22:

Imagine yourself as a rising warlord in Ransei! RNG a Pokemon that would have a perfect link with you!

For those that don't know, this challenge is based off the linking system of Pokemon Conquest, the new Pokemon side game that many of us can't stop playing! In this game, each Warlord has a Pokemon species that they have a 100% link with. The maximum link percentage would be 100%, but if they find another Pokemon, it might be anywhere from 30% to 90%, and some Pokemon are just not compatible at all. Each Warlord has a specialty that they focus in, which would be typing, e.g. Grass. A Grass-loving Warlord might have a perfect link with Carnivine. So basically, RNG a Pokemon that you not only love, but one that would be perfectly bonded with you. For bonus points, you can go on to describe your Kingdom if you're so inclined.​

Last edited:

Crescend

Breeder
Years
The question might as well be "What's your favourite pokemon" ;p try as I might, I couldn't separate my favourite from what my best link would be.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Spr_5b_448.png

Lucario ♂
31/2/30/31/31/31
Timid nature
HP ice 70
dark pulse / dragon pulse / aura sphere / nasty plot
Life orb

To be perfectly honest I RNG'd this a few days prior the challenge, but I've already RNG'd 3 lucarios and I didn't feel like making a brand new one.

I like all elements equally, I have never been able to imagine myself as just one element. Psychic type is propably the best thing to a balanced user of all elements, but they lack the physical endurance and prowess which are a big part of me too, so a psychic fighter it is. Curiously, Lucario is the highest special attack fighting type after the legend Keldeo. Even the main psychic type gallade is more physical than special offensive.

I like the surprise factor of this set, and it suits lucario better as a psychic fighter, since it is an aura pokemon. With timid nature, this will outspeed anything below 103 base speed if they don't have a speed nature as well.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I'm guessing you didn't enter the cute charm option on the main window. It's hidden under the syncronize button, click on that once and it lets you choose what type of cute charm you're using. The frames are slightly different depending on whether you choose that option or not ;)
Turns out that you were right! I wouldn't have guessed that the synchronize button could change. Thanks! Now more RNG'ed stuff from me will be on the way. ;)

Edit: One step forward, two steps back, as they say...

I went to hit my seed (I was attempting to get a Mawile in 1F of Challenger's Cave, where there are no moving NPCs to advance anything), and that's when things got weird. Well, without chatters, I hit an encounter slot 1, Hasty Woobat. With chatters, I got a Mawile, but it wasn't shiny, and it was Lonely. I checked my RNG reporter to see what was up, and the lowest ones I could have hit for each are 233 for the Hasty and 320 for the Lonely...needless to say, something went really wrong. I've tried many times, with and without chatter, and I get the same results each time. I even tried elsewhere, I went to the Giant Chasm Plains to attempt a Ditto (even though the gender ratio didn't match, I didn't think it'd matter since I was just testing). Same results there as well.

Cute charm is ruining my RNG hopes and dreams. :( Once again, if any screenshots are needed, let me know. I hope I'm not asking too many questions either

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I would love to join this club :D
I've been using RNG abuse since August of 2010, and I have mainly been doing it for fun as a past-time (not so much for trading). The first RNG abused Pokemon I obtained was a Shiny Oddish on my Pokemon Diamond cartridge. RNG abuse is a lot harder on Diamond than it is in White, however, so I didn't RNG for long after that. I think I bred somewhere between 10-20 shiny Pokemon on Diamond before being burnt out and only doing a few RNG breeds once in a blue moon.
However, this all changed once Pokemon Black and White came out. I got a copy of each game and completed White. Then, with help from Smogon I learned how to RNG abuse for shiny eggs on B/W, and discovered it to be much easier than on Diamond. So, feeling ambitious, I opened up a Shiny Giveaway in June of 2011. During that giveaway, I ended up breeding over 70 shiny Pokemon over a span of about 20 days. During the giveaway I also learned how to breed for IV's as well. After that crazy giveaway, I went on to do an RNG 'run' so to speak on my Black version. Though I never finished that run (due to school starting), I got experience in abusing the RNG for ID/SID, stationary Pokemon, and gift Pokemon. That was my last major bout of RNG abuse; the only other things I've done RNG wise since then has been small things like Secret Santa and the like.
Now, for at least the summer, I hope to participate in the club and the challenges so I can keep on learning RNG abuse.
(tldr; can I join the club?)

For now, I'm going to think about (and work on) my entry for the challenge ^^

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
@ deku:
We don't have any sign ins, you just post to share your RNG experience, your newly caught/bred/whatever RNGed Pokemon or just ask if you do something wrong and of course, you participate in challenges and reply to current discussion topics (you can find the latest one in the first post).

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

Turns out that you were right! I wouldn't have guessed that the synchronize button could change. Thanks! Now more RNG'ed stuff from me will be on the way. ;)

Edit: One step forward, two steps back, as they say...

I went to hit my seed (I was attempting to get a Mawile in 1F of Challenger's Cave, where there are no moving NPCs to advance anything), and that's when things got weird. Well, without chatters, I hit an encounter slot 1, Hasty Woobat. With chatters, I got a Mawile, but it wasn't shiny, and it was Lonely. I checked my RNG reporter to see what was up, and the lowest ones I could have hit for each are 233 for the Hasty and 320 for the Lonely...needless to say, something went really wrong. I've tried many times, with and without chatter, and I get the same results each time. I even tried elsewhere, I went to the Giant Chasm Plains to attempt a Ditto (even though the gender ratio didn't match, I didn't think it'd matter since I was just testing). Same results there as well.

Cute charm is ruining my RNG hopes and dreams. :( Once again, if any screenshots are needed, let me know. I hope I'm not asking too many questions either

Did you walk 128 steps to advance your IV frame? If so, it may be the problem.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
@ deku:
We don't have any sign ins, you just post to share your RNG experience, your newly caught/bred/whatever RNGed Pokemon or just ask if you do something wrong and of course, you participate in challenges and reply to current discussion topics (you can find the latest one in the first post).

Thanks for the tips :)
I just figured I might as well make an introduction post before randomly posting xD
Hopefully being active in this club will get me back into RNG abuse :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Did you walk 128 steps to advance your IV frame? If so, it may be the problem.

I just did the normal steps to hit a seed, did my chatters (if I was going for the final results), then used Sweet Scent. Didn't move an inch. I'm pretty sure I filled everything out correctly in the RNG Reporter as well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Here's my challenge entry:

246.png

Lv.1|Female|Jolly|Guts
31/31/30/30/31/31
Leer, Pursuit, Crunch, Stone Edge
OT: GARRET|ID: 57203​

I wanted to RNG a Pokemon that was a favorite and an awesome battler but that would also match the challenge. An Eevee would have been my first choice but I had already RNG'd one. After some thinking, I decided on a Larvitar since Tyranitar is one of my favorite Pokemon to battle with. I don't really like Rock or Dark types, but I adore Larvitar. Larvitar is one of the few Pokemon that has an adorable first evolution and the last evolution is a beast that destroys everything in sight.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww deku I like your cute Petilil link to CI&D. n___n Welcome to the club!

Spoiler:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
So guys, in case nobody heard that I would try RNG on the plane to China (I mentioned it on the Trade Corner chat), I am here to tell you I planned to. And I did. Here are the results:

Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
249.png
Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png

Lugia | Timid | Pressure | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Extrasensory, Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast
Coolguy | 40992 (SoulSilver)

483.png

Dialga | Modest | Pressure | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
DragonBreath, Scary Face
Coolguy | 40992 (SoulSilver)​

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

I just did the normal steps to hit a seed, did my chatters (if I was going for the final results), then used Sweet Scent. Didn't move an inch. I'm pretty sure I filled everything out correctly in the RNG Reporter as well.

can you provide me a screen shot?
and also the mawile you want to RNG is female or male?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
y no love ball @ shiny lugia!! Still I'm jelly of everyone with pink Lugia...and other pink Pokemon lol. Nice job!

Years
***Never mind Gonz0***

First RNG so freaking happy :) (can't post sprites yet)

Riolu (Shiny)
Level 1
Serious Nature
Quick Tempered
HP 11
Attack 6
Defense 5
Sp. attack 5
Sp. defense 5
Speed 6

(on 4th gen)

So HAPPY :)
(took me 5 attempts/2 days)

This is my entry for the contest. The Riolu is serious as i can take things serious sometime. A Riolu is Smart and Defensive and Quick to defend/attack when threatned it never takes things lightly because never know what can happen! That's why me and Riolu Link :) My kingdom would be like a paradise but if anything bad happens you know my riolu would be right on it a quick to save the kingdom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back