• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I used to map simetrically so that the map didn't look natural but now my maps have improved alot.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
Years
Why aren't there, the images of a puddle, i mean i can't make all angles
of a puddle because there aren't the ones i need, and also some blocks aren't in
the map so how do i add them?
the puddles use the same light blue block as the filler for the inside angles.

Oney

SHADOW
Years
THANKS

It really worked thanks man :D but little more problem!
how do i insert the map i created in the game?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2010
warp Problems

Im having problems with the warps. Everytime i add a new warp, it highlights the top left tile, but there is no warp symbol. i can't drag anything from there, and so i cant make new warps. Help any one?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
i have a problem when making maps.
o.k i have my first map made (i just have to change some things)
but then all other map i make (with size and name diff)
the seem to have there name changed to the same as the first map. and then the tile set changes to. whats happend?

EDB

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
Im having problems with the warps. Everytime i add a new warp, it highlights the top left tile, but there is no warp symbol. i can't drag anything from there, and so i cant make new warps. Help any one?

You need to press the Show Sprites button (picture of a head). That should put the warp symbol back.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2010
Nice map my friend those trees are just awesome looking. You must be a master at inserting tiles.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
moz-screenshot.png
hello and help????
if i make a map and incert it the name changes.
e.g. 1st map bob
2nd map hello and then it turns to bob
and the same with maps 3, 4, 5, and so on

what do i do?

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
I got a really wierd problem.

My warp is somehow broken even tho i've done the exact same thing a houndred times and when i follow warp from A-Map it works, but when i try in game, it warp me to a random spot on the map (the same random spot every time) What is going on lol?

EDIT: Fixed it myself.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
does anyone know how to get a newly created map to have it's own section? you know like all the Pallet town maps are all grouped together. how do I get a new map to do that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
I have a few questions.
1. how to you make item events? say I want to put an item in the map so you talk to it and recieve an item. How would I go about doing this? I assume I need to do some scripting but haven't the slightest clue how.

2. Is it possible to make a script so you recieve the national dex at the start of the game?

EDIT: first question was answered with a youtube video ^_^ lulz but I still need to know if it's possible to get the national dex at the start of the game with scripting?

EDIT2: My PoketScript is failing... I keep getting the Run-time error 457 any idea why?

EDIT3: Ok sorted the PoketScript problem lol but in foullump's youtube tutorials he teaches how to use flags and giveitem but not for things like pokeballs he showed how to get them off people with flags. I need to know the pokeball item scripting. And still in need of knowing if theres a script for national dex.

Last edited:

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
Years
I'm making a special building for the main town in my hack,Humanoid Destiny...

But how do i insert the maps and make the warp? When i entered it,It took me to Sacred City (Petalburg City) and now i'm confused!

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
I'm making a special building for the main town in my hack,Humanoid Destiny...

But how do i insert the maps and make the warp? When i entered it,It took me to Sacred City (Petalburg City) and now i'm confused!

You need to check BOTH warp panels and make sure they link to eachother where you want, while in Advance Map if you click on a warp on the panel theres an option called "Follow Warp" it will take you to where the warp leads thats how you check to make sure they link up properly. You also have to use the "Insert Map" option to insert the map where you want it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
Hey im very new and i made a map to where when you go to bills you can go out of his house to the right to a blocked off area and go into this forest like area and its an eevees garden i created and i was jw i have

route 25 (30.0) bills house

i want to change the bills garden area i created to

route 25 (30.1)

but its showing up as palett town right now.

Back