• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
I was lucky that my cousin didn't keep my Accelgor when I traded it with him. I would have been so sad. Just think. To get a shiny and lose it 5 minutes later. :'(

I also found a Shiny Houndour in my Y.

XD, I didn't mean find. I bred it with my Japenese Ditto

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I was lucky that my cousin didn't keep my Accelgor when I traded it with him. I would have been so sad. Just think. To get a shiny and lose it 5 minutes later. :'(

I also found a Shiny Houndour in my Y.

XD, I didn't mean find. I bred it with my Japenese Ditto

I think Pokemon Y has higher chances of Pokemon being shiny. A lot of my friends have Y, and they find shinies often. :o

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Yeah..maybe Y's success was not as good as X's, so they decided to secretly up the shiny rate? Though, I'm sure hackers would've realized this as they're gotten into the coding.

Years
I guess your right. After all(in my opinion), X has the better Mega's than Y does. But that also sounds a bit weird to me; having a game where the shiny rate is better than the other?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I've Bred three competitive shinies but all only have 4 IVs :\ The best I got are my Shiny Hydreigon(31 in Atk, Def, SpA, Spd and a Naive Nature) and a Shiny Lucario( 31 in Hp, Atk, SpD and Spd w/ Jolly nature.)

Years
Awesome! Today, while I was breeding Lileep, I got a shiny one out of a "batch" of eggs I had. I think my goal is to have all shiny fossil pokemon. For now

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I wouldn't be happy if I found a Shiny Fraxure. Heck, I'd be happy if I found a shiny anything

OMG, I said wouldn't. I hate autocorrect on my iPad.

We could trade if you'd like. ^^ I have two shiny Fraxures. xD

Wow! Just got a Shiny Swirlix while on here! So happy! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
I've had a great amount of luck with the Friend Safari and encountering shiny Pokemon. My current list stands at 2 Shiny Chansey, 2 Shiny Togepi, a Shiny Helioptle and recently a shiny Cacturne.

I've also managed to breed myself a 5IV shiny Sneasal...Pink Weavile is great but a bit odd when it's a Male, hah!

Years
i actually just started shiny hunting for the first time yesturday. i was using that fishing method and i found a shiny poliwhirl while i was looking at this thread! (ironic)
i have only had 2 other shinies in this gen. a drapion from a friend safari, and a horsea that was traded to me (trying to evolve it to a shiny kingdra now)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I've only encountered 2 Shiny. Shelmet and Cubcho.

Shiney Beartic SUX. His is SAME color. Only his Ice Beard is diferent. He is also tinted blue, but it is so subtle, you don't even notice.

Make him RED or something, LOL.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I've only encountered 2 Shiny. Shelmet and Cubcho.

Shiney Beartic SUX. His is SAME color. Only his Ice Beard is diferent. He is also tinted blue, but it is so subtle, you don't even notice.

Make him RED or something, LOL.

XD I admit, they could've done a lot better with certain shiny Pokémon.

i actually just started shiny hunting for the first time yesturday. i was using that fishing method and i found a shiny poliwhirl while i was looking at this thread! (ironic)
i have only had 2 other shinies in this gen. a drapion from a friend safari, and a horsea that was traded to me (trying to evolve it to a shiny kingdra now)

Congrats! ^~^ I'm gladuyou started to hunt~ I'm working on getting shiny Spritzee, or a Floette.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
Years
In the last week I've hunted and found both shiny Poliwhirl and Sandshrew in friend safari. However, even though I used a syncer as my first pokemon, the ivs for both were too poor to even consider battling with.

Funnily enough these friend safari catches were literally a side project. I've been masuda methoding my a** off for well over 1k eggs(lost count probably way more) with the intention of hatching a shiny machop. I've been doing it so long that I now have 5 perfect IV Machops with both guts/no guard and being male/female. Friend safari is way way way quicker, but ive just been unlucky with ivs/nature etc.

I've used masuda twice before, once in platinum where it literally took the full 1400 eggs for a shiny charmander, great ivs and timid (nature wasn't guaranteed back then) and once in X and Y for a shiny pinsir which took me around the same amount of hatches.

Based on all the other posts I see from players getting theirs in the first 100 hatches I assumed that Machop maybe where I got lucky, sadly this hasn't been the case.

Back