• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
#teamchespin all the way. I'm so so so pumped for tomorrow like you all have no idea (well maybe you do lmao).

Guys we made it after 9 long months. That's an accomplishment in its own right!!

Amaai

The Sky Pillars
Years
  • Age 29
  • RI.
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
One more day for me. It's friday, Gotta go pick it uptomorrow! Is it true that depending on your 3ds's background color it will match the starter clothing of your trainer?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Now my youtube subscription box is being overloaded with playthroughs. Curse you all who got the game early I fee like im the only one waiting for the actual release date.

uh some area all ready oct 12 2013

Years
base on my calculation it will be done in about 8 - 9 hours or even earlier
so after I woke up it'll be done or I have to wait about 30 minutes - 1 hour though. :)
Also my main reason why I didn't want to buy a physical copy because of this reasons :
1. changing cartridge I'm too lazy to do it.
2. I bought 32gb Memory Card for this :D

anyways 5 minutes left Hohoho!
You would barely be able to finish the download in 8 hours at just 512kbps, so whatever calculation you used was completely wrong. And unless you're playing other games on your 3DS, then changing cartridges should be nothing. And for the record, downloading a file sized at 1.7 GB with speeds of 100kbps is going to take about 40 hours to complete, no joke.

Years
You would barely be able to finish the download in 8 hours at just 512kbps, so whatever calculation you used was completely wrong. And unless you're playing other games on your 3DS, then changing cartridges should be nothing. And for the record, downloading a file sized at 1.7 GB with speeds of 100kbps is going to take about 40 hours to complete, no joke.

yeah lets go to another topic instead
how can I change my Region to Australia?
so far I can't see australia
so I can download the game earlier
because there's no Philippines here in the region or if I choose Singapore
there are no games to be found -_-

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
I'm in one of said areas right now. At least I'm looking forward to learning all the new Pokemon and mechanics so that way I can be prepared for when I get the games eventually!

It would be nice if release USA at oct 11 2013 12pm then that would be global world wide everyone be getting it. they didnt figure out the timezone that much

Years
It would be nice if release USA at 12pm then that would be global world wide everyone be getting it
It would still be breaking street date though if they did that, since it isn't the 12th in the United States yet, and the worldwide release date is the 12th.

Just 12 more hours to go before the first copies get (legally) sold over here in the states! :)

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
aaaaaaand the Netherlands break the rules too. It's only half a day early but i'll take it.
Now, i only have to do some schoolwork and then i can lock myself up. Goodby social life, it was nice knowing you.

Years
I don't ever think street date has been broken once in the history of a Pokémon game release, until the release of X and Y that is.. though I could be wrong.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
What's the point of street dates when half the countries in the world break them?

they could done this. next pokemon game they make has a program built in check internet clock if you turn on the game before the 12th it disable your online feature for 6 month

Years
Oh, gosh, 1 more day! So exciting!
I just have to get through work tonight and then I'm free tomorrow to buy the game and play it all day!

I'm choosing Chespin as my started based on a pattern I've done since Pokemon Silver. I'm pretty excited using it especially after seeing its final evolution.

Oh, and if anyone wants to add me via 3DS Friend Code, here's my FC: 2036-7654-6953.
It's also under my info on the little 3DS box.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Oh, gosh, 1 more day! So exciting!
I just have to get through work tonight and then I'm free tomorrow to buy the game and play it all day!

I'm choosing Chespin as my started based on a pattern I've done since Pokemon Silver. I'm pretty excited using it especially after seeing its final evolution.

Oh, and if anyone wants to add me via 3DS Friend Code, here's my FC: 2036-7654-6953.
It's also under my info on the little 3DS box.

i have to work till 11pm tonight i hope come out est time when i get home at 12pm for eshop

Typhon

'sup
Years
I'm so choosing Froakie! :D
At first a didn't really like how it's evolutions looked, but now I've taken a good liking to them.

(It's gonna explode here on Saturday ^_^)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
What's the point of street dates when half the countries in the world break them?

There will be a reaping... of stores who broke the Street Date. In the future, It would be cool if the game was "released" at the same moment all across the Earth. Like a midnight release, but at time that most timezones could manage.

I went to my GameStop to "pay off my pre-order" and no, no one sold pokemon early. Which is a GOOD thing, because i'm still playing Kid Icarus.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
There will be a reaping... of stores who broke the Street Date. In the future, It would be cool if the game was "released" at the same moment all across the Earth. Like a midnight release, but at time that most timezones could manage.

I went to my GameStop to "pay off my pre-order" and no, no one sold pokemon early. Which is a GOOD thing, because i'm still playing Kid Icarus.

to do this need to make american release at 12pm when it 12am in japan.

the date in japan is oct 12 2013 all ready but in american it oct 11 2013 they could release american at oct 11 2013 when they release japan oct 12 2013 then that be excact time every one get it. but there market people not that smart they just keep one date when they could set each date at right time then that would be world global sale event. then you would see the money come at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back