• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Sorry if I really offended anyone, I was joking...

Level 120?! Erm...wouldn't that be messing around with the original pokemon scripts a little TOO much?

And the equation wasn't in blue. :P But I thought it equaled 15...

NO!!! NO NODDING!!! ARGH!! Dizzy...can't...stand...*falls over*

Don't think world I spinning should be that like.

Great why dont zel just make them all Lvl.100 without having to mess with level scripts.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I know, that's what I'm saying.

All though pokes can actually become up to level 255, it's just not very logical to break the box. In fact, as far as we know, to fit with the rising level scale, only the champ might have some 100's. We just have to wait for what Zel says.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
I think Lv. 100 is just ridiculously too much! I think Zel ought to raise the Pokemon stats rather than level - I mean, it's quality (stats), not quantity (levels) .
yes.gif

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
hey i jsut thought

how bout red? in mt. silver?

can he have lvl 100 pkmn? i mena c''mon, we were him and i know we went all the way!

yes.gif
Im i right?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
I think Lv. 100 is just ridiculously too much! I think Zel ought to raise the Pokemon stats rather than level - I mean, it's quality (stats), not quantity (levels) .
yes.gif

Then it would be unfair to the pokemon you raised, cause its like giving your opponents an action replay. I mean by that is, if you and your opponent have the same pokemon at the same level... but if zel increases there stats insanely, it give an unfair advantage to yourself, so it wouldnt be much of a fun challenge if you lose?

EDIT: your right flipboi, i forget about red, yah thats a good idea, have red get all his poke at lvl 100. He's been around longer then any of the other trainers in future games.

RE-EDIT: thats a very good point archer, The Kanto Leaders should have room do anything before anything else ever reaches lvl. 100... sorry about getting caried away.

Last edited:
Years
Elite four Shouldnt be Lv.100s coz that would leave no room for improvement for the kanto gym leaders, but i do think that after you beat the kanto leaders, the elite four should get harder and then you beat them to have access to Red and Mt. Silver.

Please Stop Spamming - That should go in the "Pointless mathematics arguements" thread

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
thank you! i mean, in G/S/C

he's a bonus trainer! you dont hafta fight him or anything, you can battle him as long as you want, like sephiroth in kingdom hearts

so zel, could you make Red the hardest trainer EVER in the ENTIRE game?!?!?

offtopic: kinda bored, going to work on my hack

Why don't we have Carlos as the Hardest trainer in the game to give it that extra bit of change like FR/LG then it is only a simple change but it will still improve the game

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Shurikenway said:
Then it would be unfair to the pokemon you raised, cause its like giving your opponents an action replay. I mean by that is, if you and your opponent have the same pokemon at the same level... but if zel increases there stats insanely, it give an unfair advantage to yourself, so it wouldnt be much of a fun challenge if you lose?

You got a point there...I always jump into conclusions. My bad. :P But I didn't say raise the stats too much, did I? I guess the answer is to balance to the two (level and stats) and raise them evenly. I don't thimk SGX will be impossibly hard - it'll only be hard enough to be a challenge: that means more time spent on training and stragedy-planning, which shouldn't be too much of a pain. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
ok past all the spam lol

when you finish doing the johto region will kanto take much less time as it is already all in the game? so when you finish johto will the progress be much faster? just wondering.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
O.O I swear last time I saw, I was at the page 55... O.O

Since there are too many posts, most likely I'll end up skipping some, since this time I'm not up to MQ every question post... I'll try my best...

But to tell you the truth guys, I got lost in the sea of posts you've made >_< Can someone make me a summary? lol

to the People who praised (or made comments on my Pryce sprite): Thanks, I'll try to improve it, or perhaps E.Marini will... :D (marz, his right hand is supposedly in a pocket)
I enjoyed the posts that said he looks like a young dude now, hahaha!!! :laugh:

to those who started a mathematical thing: What? I don't know what was the point, but it started some discussion I didn't like... It seems... I'm still confused...

to people who posted irrelevant stuff: Don't do that, please, it just confuses me more, and I can't answer properly if I'm confused... Try also to keep your posts short, if you don't have much to say, that's preferable. (And if you don't have anything to say... Just don't say anything... I've seen people ranting about off-stopic stuff to just, at the end say only a "good luck zel", or similar, and I'd prefer if you wouldn't do that). Thanks!
By the way, I'll call a mod to see if they can get some time to do a clean-up. I don't like when people wants to gain posts just by spamming >:o

to people who wanted something about the E4: I still haven't reached, but the LVs in SGX are about 50 for now, so probably they'll be between 70&80. Obviously I'll never go up the Lv100... And, about Red, since he's kinda like the final battle, he'll be most likely at Lv100, in SGX, of course. Haha!, Obviously I'll be at Lv100 also!!! XD

to flipboi, and his banner's fans: I think filboi said he started a thread, right? Well, go post opinions about his work over there. This is not a banner's opinion thread... Even when the banners are for Shiny Gold...

to the rest of the people who posted a nice comment about the hack: Well, what else? Thank you!

cgnius: The policeman is irrelevant to the game, thus unworthy of a cameo...

daniel_h: Kanto's development is not as quick as you think, yes, the mapping is mainly done, but, still I want to make it look more like G/S, instead as how it looks in FR.
The main point though, is to think new stuff to put in Kanto, meaning lots of scripting, which takes more time than mapping (at least, to me...)

slayeryu: Yes, the Magikarp guy gives you the exact same item if you show him a bigger Magikarp: a silly Ether... :P

archer: The Coin Case should be somewhere around the Underground Goldenrod, hopefully... Keep looking...

Goku Goku (I don't know how I found a question between so many spammy posts from a lot of people): I haven't modified the Battle Tower, so it is available yet for me to put it wherever I want.
_________

I really wanted to post screenshots this time, but I had to waste a lot of time skipping spammy posts, and trying to find what to answer. Now, I need to go and don't have enough time to post the screenshots. I'll repeat Do not ever do this again!, or I'll get serious... >:o

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Well, Zel, your hack beat all records of post/hours :D

Sure it's impressive ! Can't wait before tomorrow !

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Well, to be honest, I do think Red is strong enough, since his team also has heavy duties like Snorlax, which are quite hard to beat. See his full team on Serebii.
Seriously, zel, please don't overdo it with SGX, I'd advise you to carefully choose levels from 70-90, when you reach the end of the game, but not over level 90.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Guys I need help!! When I am playing the game I can't save properly!! What's happening?? And how can I solve this?? please help me

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
What kind of save are we talking about?

Because for me there is 2 ways.
1.When i exit the thing i don't bother, there in the folder where the original game file is, a save file with the exact name of the rom would be there. Then i load it by going on VBA again and do load and find the save file and there you go.
2. VBA -->The VBA Toolbar (where it has Tools, Files and that crap) --> File --> Save Game --> then any of the slots there. The End

Tell me what's going on with yours?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
What kind of save are we talking about?

Because for me there is 2 ways.
1.When i exit the thing i don't bother, there in the folder where the original game file is, a save file with the exact name of the rom would be there. Then i load it by going on VBA again and do load and find the save file and there you go.
2. VBA -->The VBA Toolbar (where it has Tools, Files and that crap) --> File --> Save Game --> then any of the slots there. The End

Tell me what's going on with yours?

I'm talking about real save, when on the menu I select "save", it doesn't work it says that the backup memory needs to be changed

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
To be honest, I'd probably play the "easy" version, well at least at first. The thought of high level trainers kind of terrifies me.

Shame no more tantalising screenshots but then again a couple of days and we'll have Beta3. Can't wait. :shocked:

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Zel for deciding to continue with his hack. :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
You're welcome. Don't get scared about SGX, if I'm able to beat it (considering I'm not a person too dedicated to train), you'll do also. Now I have a little more time, so this time, I'll really end my previous post, posting what was left... The screenshots!

image70wn5.png
image71di7.png
image72em7.png
image73nm0.png
image74qy2.png
image75gs0.png
image76ls7.png
image77vx4.png

Whirl Islands layout (can you guess where'll be Lugia?), and the beggining of TR event in Radio Tower (later I'll post more, it's another huge event, so there are a lot of screenshots once again)

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
I am not one to critise(spelling mistake I know) but the top of the goldenrod mart dosnt look right, maybe it would have been better if you used celadon,s pokemart.

but nice job, and you shouldnt really be thinking about mapping, scripting is more important.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
Years
I'm really impressed with this hack :D (not that my n00b opinion means much xD) I've been kinda lurking around this thread for a while and I'm amazed how dedicated you've been. Most people just say they're going to make a hack and then only work on it a little bit...But I like this hack, because it's not overdone, and it looks official without being too stiff. Keep up the good work Zel x3

P.S. I noticed that Carlos looks a bit like that one guy from the battle frontier.. (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back