• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well there's no shame on having more pokemon that are based on the same type of animal or thing~ Like for instance, Teddiursa and Cubchoo are both based on two different types of bears, and they're both different types.

That's because it's safe to make another species if there are different types of it, but if two Pokemon are based on the exact same species that's the only one of its kind, then it's lazy, hence why there's no need for another scarecrow Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That's because it's safe to make another species if there are different types of it, but if two Pokemon are based on the exact same species that's the only one of its kind, then it's lazy, hence why there's no need for another scarecrow Pokemon.

Cacturne is barely a scarecrow at all. It doesn't look anything like one, nor represents anything a Scarecrow represents. A real scarecrow would be nice.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Cacturne is barely a scarecrow at all. It doesn't look anything like one, nor represents anything a Scarecrow represents. A real scarecrow would be nice.
Whether one thinks Cacturne represents an actual scarecrow or not, it literally is specified as the "Scarecrow Pokémon."

I don't mind if we have some new Pokémon that are based off similar animals and/or species as the older Pokémon though. It's not like it would be the first time to happen. Although, I would appreciate the originality since there are tons of other animals they have yet to use.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Whether one thinks Cacturne represents an actual scarecrow or not, it literally is specified as the "Scarecrow Pokémon."

I don't mind if we have some new Pokémon that are based off similar animals and/or species as the older Pokémon though. It's not like it would be the first time to happen. Although, I would appreciate the originality since there are tons of other animals they have yet to use.

And Bulbasaur is classified as the Seed Pokemon, a classification is shares with Sunkern. Bulbasaur, unlike Sunkern looks nothing like a seed. Classifications mean next to nothing most of the time when it comes to Pokemon. Both are original in design and moveset. So I'd prefer a real Scarecrow. They don't even have to give it the same Classification if they don't want. I have a grass/ghost Scarecrow classified as the Fear-Eater Pokemon. There is a lot that can be done.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I actually want to see a pokemon in gen 6 that looks like its from gen 1 and with a creative name! I would like it to be a phsychic, fire, grass, water, flying or a fighting type pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I actually want to see a pokemon in gen 6 that looks like its from gen 1 and with a creative name! I would like it to be a phsychic, fire, grass, water, flying or a fighting type pokemon.

So a really simplistic pokemon? I dunno I don't think it'll happen really, I mean a lot of animals have been used and the last few gens have had really detailed mons :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It can still be simple; any pokemon can be created to be simple based on any objects or animals not used yet. I like simple pokemon, but, I do like the creative colors and patterns of certain poemon like Archeops, which I do hope GF will create more pokemon like that~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Usually people who wish GF to make more simple-designed Pokemon means that those same people are too lazy to draw fanarts of Pokemon with more detailed designs.

I'm pretty sure Bulbapedia has explained about Cacturne being based off of a scarecrow, and seeing that there's only one type of scarecrow irl, then there's no need to make another one unless humans have created a new type of scarecrow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well they could always try to make a straw scarecrow that's Grass/Ghost. It can have creepy red eyes that cause Murkrow and evo to flee in utter fear...

Also we've had some pokémon based on the same animal,, even in the same generation and sometimes with the same typing (Minun and Plusle).

tnfsf11

I'm confused about Sylveon, what TYPE is it??? It looks psychic imo.
All the bows make me feel that it might evolve from Eevee while holding the Pink Bow near a certain place.
But it doesn't look that cool :/ & doesn't look Eevee-ish either... It looks as if it came from a tamagotchi or something :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Cacturne has a scarecrow design.

I feel like classifying Cacturne as a scarecrow design is stretching it a little bit. (I know that it is it's official species but there is still room for something that looks more traditionally like a scarecrow)

Besides the existance of Cacnea and Cacturne didn't stop them making Marractus. Even if they are different types of cactus, a new scarecrow pokemon that looked more like a scarecrow would have a larger difference than Cacturne and Marractus do.

Also Pinkie-dawn, I have never seen a scarecrow in real life (or in pictures) that looked like Cacturne.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Cacturne's more based on a Cactus than a scarecrow. It may be based on a scarecrow because it has a stance like a scarecrow, but look; the point being that there can be a pokemon that is entirely based off of a straw man scarecrow; like a Dark or Ghost type. That'd be cool~

I said this before, but I wonder if they'll create more food pokemon. Although, would it be weird to have some sort of... macaroni pokemon?

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
Years
Ok, so, I know this sounds completely outrageous, but what about a Water/Fire type that looked like a shark? Just thinking outside the box here.

WishCookie

Years
So a really simplistic pokemon? I dunno I don't think it'll happen really, I mean a lot of animals have been used and the last few gens have had really detailed mons :(

Well, still. If they could create around 151 simplistic Pokemon then I think they could be able to create one more.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
I think it would be really cool if there was a Psychic/Dark type that could see what people's greatest fear was by looking into their mind and then causing hallucinations of it.

WishCookie

Years
Could someone confirm if these pictures of Fennekin's evolutions are legit?

If its legit, then it really looks like a fire/fighting type but still, something is missing
nclc2u.jpg

Lucario v2? It almost look like a fire/lightning type, what do you think?
15qowpj.jpg

I'm confused about Sylveon, what TYPE is it??? It looks psychic imo.
All the bows make me feel that it might evolve from Eevee while holding the Pink Bow near a certain place.
But it doesn't look that cool :/ & doesn't look Eevee-ish either... It looks as if it came from a tamagotchi or something :P

None knows what type Sylveon is yet, we can only guess.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, still. If they could create around 151 simplistic Pokemon then I think they could be able to create one more.

Ya maybe but I'm still not sure they'll go back to those roots :(

I think it would be really cool if there was a Psychic/Dark type that could see what people's greatest fear was by looking into their mind and then causing hallucinations of it.

That sounds pretty awesome but how would the greatest fear be determined? It's a great idea for a Pokemon but it seems like the greatest fear wouldn't be specified (if it were its signature ability/move) or would be a choice of 1-5 things. Also there's Darkrai too which it does sound a little similar to.

Back