• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
Hello, I would like to add this character * in a text message but I don't know how and this is not working if I only put *

Can you help me with this problem?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for the tutorial. Didn't have a chance a chance to script anything yet, but there's a few things I don't get. For example setting flags. I get how to checkflag, but not sure how you set it. Like say I want my rival to come talk to me when I walk on a tile. How do I set a flag so that I can clear it later. If that's not what it's for I apologize, but still need help D:

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
My scripts that I put right outside of doors don't run when I exit the rooms. Is there a reason for this? do they need to be inserted a certain way so that they'll run as soon as I enter the map?

AllyJacqui

The one and only -
Years
Wow! :D Considering the fact I first started learning with Pokescript (Back in '09 with Follump, then I used thethethethe's tutorial on a regular basis) This was super helpful. :) I think i'm finaly ready to make the switch from Pokescript, to XSE. Definitely going to use this tutorial when needed.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Yes Diego, you are awesome. I wrote this all down and it basically filled my 70 page notebook. That's a good thing. You went over each command so I could understand. I know everything now thanks to you!well, except vars, but I don't think anyone really "understands" them xD

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
How can I create a levelscript that will run every time you enter a room until a certain flag is set? Also, is there a way to make a script that will continue running after a trainer battle, or a new script that will run right after the trainer battle?

Years
I know this may not be the appropiate place to post this, but I couldnt find any other place so I came here. it is somewhat related. I made a trainer battle script using PET and when I went to load the ROM, I got a white screen. Assuming that the ROM that i'm hacking is corrupt, does anyone else get this problem, or was there possibly a problem with my script?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I know this may not be the appropiate place to post this, but I couldnt find any other place so I came here. it is somewhat related. I made a trainer battle script using PET and when I went to load the ROM, I got a white screen. Assuming that the ROM that i'm hacking is corrupt, does anyone else get this problem, or was there possibly a problem with my script?

Try using A-Trainer it's better than PET. And also we cannot correct your script if you're not gonna show it.

Years
the script is kinda long.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
the script is kinda long.

Spoiler:

It seems you don't put waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovement command in some of your scripts. Put those after your applymovement scripts instead of a pause command.

And what's 803D22? Where is the pointer for that I can't see it in your script. And remove those release commands at the end of your scripts since you didn't put a lock command at first.

And instead of 0x019 for your trainer ID you can just put 0x19. And did you try A-trainer now? Also it's not a good idea to use flags greater than 0x900 cause they can make your hack buggy and may be the cause of BAD EGGS appearing in your PC.

Years
I havnt got the chance to try A-trainer yet, but I will soon. also 0x803D22 points to #org @script. You don't happen to have any tips to help me with ROM hacking that will prevent my ROM from corrupting do you? Fortunately I did't get too far into the hack so it's nothing to be dissapointed about. Thank you for the help.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I havnt got the chance to try A-trainer yet, but I will soon. also 0x803D22 points to #org @script. You don't happen to have any tips to help me with ROM hacking that will prevent my ROM from corrupting do you? Fortunately I did't get too far into the hack so it's nothing to be dissapointed about. Thank you for the help.

Use A-trainer it's the best.

Here some tips, always keep backups and use the best of tools for your hack.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
Hello im new in this and im wondering if anyone can pass me a working wild battle script please.
ive tried different ways this is one
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 97
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Mew!
boxset 6
wildbattle 97 80 0
pause 0x70
fadescreen 0
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1111
pause 0x10
fadescreen 1
release
end

thnx

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Hello im new in this and im wondering if anyone can pass me a working wild battle script please.
ive tried different ways this is one
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 97
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Mew!
boxset 6
wildbattle 97 80 0
pause 0x70
fadescreen 0
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1111
pause 0x10
fadescreen 1
release
end

thnx

There is a section in the very first post of this thread that provides exactly what you're asking for.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= CHARIZARD: Raaarrgghh!

You'd just have to put in your own offset and change the cry and wildbattle settings to the Pokemon that you want. It would also help if you told us what doesn't work with the script. I'd recommend going back to the first post and re-reading what it says. also, it looks like you're using Pokescript or something similar? This thread is dedicated to XSE so you would be better off asking in the Script Help Thread.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
Brane... the problem is when i try to debug it, a box pops out that says
"error 13 type mismatch on line 8
missing #define or parameter
line:wildbattle 0x97 0x50 0x8B

here's the script:
#dynamic 0x800300

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x97 0x0
wildbattle 0x97 0x50 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org @1
= Mew!

I changed the offset, the cry and wildbattle :/

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Brane... the problem is when i try to debug it, a box pops out that says
"error 13 type mismatch on line 8
missing #define or parameter
line:wildbattle 0x97 0x50 0x8B

here's the script:
#dynamic 0x800300

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x97 0x0
wildbattle 0x97 0x50 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org @1
= Mew!

I changed the offset, the cry and wildbattle :/

Have you changed the first two offsets in wildbattle to hex? I may be mistaken but that could be what's causing the script to fail compiling.

Back