• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possible return of Team Plasma?

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Do you think that Since Team Plasma has Disbanded as of Black 2 & White 2 that they might make some Special Appearances in X and Y

Just like that One guy from Team Rocket appeared in Black & White?

It's very possible But what do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Do you think that Since Team Plasma has Disbanded as of Black 2 & White 2 that they might make some Special Appearances in X and Y

Just like that One guy from Team Rocket appeared in Black & White?

It's very possible But what do you guys think?

I doubt we'll get many Cameos like that. I mean Gen 5 was the only one to do this. I don't really see any of the remaining Sages appearing and none of the grunts were really that iconic like the Rocket with broken speech.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You mean Ghetis is it? I dk the name. Its possible. In the world of Pokemon anything is possible.

I think he's talking about grunts. B/W had the broken speech Grunt from G/S/C/HG/SS and B2W2 had the Aqua/Magma Honeymooning grunts in Iccirus.

Years
We did have some cameos from grunts from earlier Pokemon games so it is entirely possible. However, there probably won't be anything major, most we'll get is probably some kind of mentioning about Plasma.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I hope not and I doubt it. We already have a villainous team that travels through every region (Team Rocket in the anime) and also one for the Kalos region (Team Flare). It would be really cool if Team Magma made an appearance with Team Flare though.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I hope not and I doubt it. We already have a villainous team that travels through every region (Team Rocket in the anime) and also one for the Kalos region (Team Flare). It would be really cool if Team Magma made an appearance with Team Flare though.

See you cant say that you hope not for Team Rocket then say it be cool of Magma made an appearance. That just makes you sound foolish. Besides there is more history with Rocket then anyone else.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I hope they not only make previous team members appear, but also have the possibility to battle them too, like the shadow triad and let us know if ghetsis recovered from his defeat from B2/W2, maybe include side quests in reference to them too. Of course it depends of when the storyline in XY takes place.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Eh. Who knows really. Hopefully Team Magma makes an appearance. They were the only villains that i really liked. Besides Team Rocket.

WE WANT TEAM MAGMA!

Ruby_Sapphire_Team_Magma_Grunts.png

blue

gucci
Years
I doubt it, and I don't know why people assume that these games will have references to Unova. That was part of Generation V, We've moved on from that and this is a completely new and isolated region from any of the others, I highly doubt anybody from Unova will make a cameo. The only character(s) from previous games that have a chance of making an appearance is probably Cynthia and possibly Steven Stone.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I think that if we see any cameos at all, they'll be related to Gen 3, simply because it's the only generation they haven't really touched in terms of cameos (except Steven in the remakes.) We've seen Team Rocket, Jasmine, Cynthia, Caitlin, among some other popular cameos, all relating back to Gen 1, 2 and 4; not much at all of Gen 3 though. And I think it's still too early to see Gen 5 cameos.

But honestly, I'm not expecting anything. They went pretty cameo crazy with the 5th gen, and as much as I loved that, I feel like they won't do it to that extent with these new games. Though, I do love me some Cynthia appearances, so I'd be totally alright with seeing her show up. :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I doubt it. Team Flare is the evil team and I think they're getting the spotlight, I wouldn't want another evil team to be around just because and I doubt any Plasma members will appear, I don't think it's needed.

Years
I'm holding out for two more evil teams, to differentiate itself from Gen III's two team dynamic.
Plus, we do have 3 regional dexes.

A Grass, Fire, and Water Team would be perfect.
Though, electric and ice would also be nice additions. Flashy and Cool respectively.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I would like if Team Plasma returned because I think their ideals were very plausible compared to other evil teams we've seen. I think it is possible that some of the members of Team Flare are former members of Team Plasma, looking for some more trouble to cause. I honestly think Team Flare is kind of a lame name and is too similar to Team Magma. Hopefully they will have a good philosophy to make up for this. .

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I honestly think Team Plasma has run its course. They've been in both Black/White and BW2 and I feel that they've seen enough spotlight. Team Flare may be a little bit lame, from what I've heard, but I don't think the X and Y games would be any better with Team Plasma sticking their noses in it for another cameo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like if Team Plasma returned because I think their ideals were very plausible compared to other evil teams we've seen. I think it is possible that some of the members of Team Flare are former members of Team Plasma, looking for some more trouble to cause. I honestly think Team Flare is kind of a lame name and is too similar to Team Magma. Hopefully they will have a good philosophy to make up for this. .

As far as we know their philosophy is simple; to make money.

I don't think former plasma members will be popping up like the former Galactic grunt in B2W2 (the Plasma grunt who helps you out). Former Magma grunts and former Rockets have more of a chance given their name and goals...

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I think it would be kinda cool if they got that one Team Rocket member that showed up in Unova to show up in every future generation. No particular reason, really.
Do we know where Kalos is relative to Unova? If Kalos is relatively close, then we might get characters mentioning Unova having problems with Team Plasma.
Similar to how the characters in Johto mentioned actions from the player from Gen I.

Elixir.

Fly Away
Years
It's definitely possible, but I think it's kinda unlikely. N is somewhat likely to make an appearance, maybe. I really hope that one Team Rocket member keeps showing up, though. It could make for a nice running joke.

Back