• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul Hackers {Now Recruiting}

Ninjutsu95

Bad decisions = Good stories
Years
o0

Naw. It's okay man. Take your time! If it is taking a long time, then it must be a good story! :classic:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Naw. It's okay man. Take your time! If it is taking a long time, then it must be a good story! :classic:

It is a very good story :) I just saw the first part of it, it's going to be great! :) Just sent it to man so that he can create Scripts, progress is going really fast :)

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
I think it's best that we do the story in increments, like for instance when I just sent you the section from the start to the second route, I think that's a good way to go about it. I'll send you character transcripts too so you know exactly what to make the characters say. That message was just the gist of it, and only contained a few of the quotes. I'll have to write up the whole beginning professor lecture that happens when you start a new game, etc., so whoever's doing the scripting, leave the dialogue itself blank and stick to the movement stuff for now.

In the meantime I have two papers due, two review sessions to attend, two miscellaneous appointments to make, and a midterm to take within the next few days. After that, however, my time should be freed up much more and I'll be able to do a lot more writing for the story. Until then, I'll mostly be doing smaller amounts of storyboarding/writing like the one I did most recently.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I think it's best that we do the story in increments, like for instance when I just sent you the section from the start to the second route, I think that's a good way to go about it. I'll send you character transcripts too so you know exactly what to make the characters say. That message was just the gist of it, and only contained a few of the quotes. I'll have to write up the whole beginning professor lecture that happens when you start a new game, etc., so whoever's doing the scripting, leave the dialogue itself blank and stick to the movement stuff for now.

In the meantime I have two papers due, two review sessions to attend, two miscellaneous appointments to make, and a midterm to take within the next few days. After that, however, my time should be freed up much more and I'll be able to do a lot more writing for the story. Until then, I'll mostly be doing smaller amounts of storyboarding/writing like the one I did most recently.

Okay, sounds great! Thanks for everything :)

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
And just to confirm, Pokémon Morganite is the name of the current hack, not the previous one this team attempted?

Ninjutsu95

Years
Nice. Soooo, can you send some of it to me, so i can help out? Of course, it would be easier for me to help out after you finished the rough draft, after that butt-load of work to do.

Oh, and good luck on your mid-term. I'm rootin for ya! ^^

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
And just to confirm, Pokémon Morganite is the name of the current hack, not the previous one this team attempted?

We've been working on Morganite for many months now... but never really made too much effort on it. I got an Alpha done, but the storyline needed to be completely redone :)

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Once I figure some more things out about my own hack idea and I get the computer I ordered, I'll explain it so the team can help me out. I don't expect it to be too intense in terms of things like mapping because the story takes place in Kanto and I plan to hack FR, but I probably need a lot of help scripting and replacing/editing Pokémon and their respective dex entries.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Once I figure some more things out about my own hack idea and I get the computer I ordered, I'll explain it so the team can help me out. I don't expect it to be too intense in terms of things like mapping because the story takes place in Kanto and I plan to hack FR, but I probably need a lot of help scripting and replacing/editing Pokémon and their respective dex entries.

The Team would be most eager to help, that way we can work on 2 hacks at one time :) Or...we'll just see how it all works out, but as of now it will be great to work on another hack :)

Ninjutsu95

Years
maybe you could do a ruby hack with fire-red tilesets and stuff. So, you get the features of the hoenn with the classicness of kanto? just a suggestion. oh and if you make another hack, i want to help out alot with that too! ^^
EDIT: oh and what should i put on the website? i will remake template later. any ideas?

NEW SIG! Check it out yo'!

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
maybe you could do a ruby hack with fire-red tilesets and stuff. So, you get the features of the hoenn with the classicness of kanto? just a suggestion. oh and if you make another hack, i want to help out alot with that too! ^^
EDIT: oh and what should i put on the website? i will remake template later. any ideas?

NEW SIG! Check it out yo'!

Yeah, sounds good :) I don't see a website link, or even remember hearing about you making one?

Ninjutsu95

Years
its a page back, when i posted my whole storyline basic plotline thingy. and i didn't know i could have lots of spoilers in my sig. (actually, i didn't even know there was signature rules.) thats lame. anyway i am going to have to change it. ><
EDIT: eh. might as well just give it to you. ^^
Glad someone actually aknolwedged it. for a second i was like... No one cared? xD

http://soulhackers.webs.com/

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Well the template sure does need changed...to what I don't really know...I'm not the greatest at web site designing :/ It needs screen-shots, and if you could put the videos on as well that would work :) It is a work in progress...

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Finished all my busywork for this week. I can get back to writing as soon as I'm notified as to which section of the map I'll be handling this time.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Finished all my busywork for this week. I can get back to writing as soon as I'm notified as to which section of the map I'll be handling this time.

Hopefully man will finish the scripts soon so I can insert them in :) Just waiting for now, hackerofdarkness is putting a Tile and Prof. Cypress's OW in :)

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Be advised though that Cypress' OW is mostly a splice of Oak and an Aide with only a couple custom additions, so either we should probably either ditch the Aide in his lab or change that sprite too.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Skills: Sprite inserter & pokemon data editor
Proof of work: Attachment
Past experience: none
Email: [email protected]
Contact information: PM me

View attachment 60309

View attachment 60310

View attachment 60311

Your Sprite Inserting could come in handy... otherwise your work isn't the greatest, but your starting out so it's okay :) We'll teach you new things along the way :) Accepted

On another note, the team's Co-Owner and Scripter, man, has left the team :( Right now the position of Co-Owner and Scripter are in need of being filled very badly. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Back