• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
which leads me to another question. how come when iris and trip make fun of him he doesnt come back at them with "i just made it to the best four in the sinnoh league" or something like that to make them shut up. whenever max made fun of him in hoenn he came back with his best eight at the johto league. there seems to be a disconnect there

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh I know. He may have been forced to be a kid, but damn what an accomplished kid! And although Unova is geographically separated from other regions, it's not like they don't know about them or wouldn't know the significance of Ash's accomplishments. Goodness. I really think they should have incorporated Ash's experience level into the Unova saga. I mean he may not know much about the Pokémon, but he certainly ain't crap at battling. He should have had a younger companion to teach about type advantages and such who could then teach him about the regional 'mon. They would have been a great team with Cilan to look out for them and be responsible and piece things together.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
yeah iris is kinda annoying and she really doesnt contribute much to the show as far as ive seen. as soon as ash got to unova it just seemed like he forgot everything that happened in the past.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I like Iris well enough and she works well with Ash how he is now, but she def wouldn't if he had retained his experience. And she's gotten some good backstory and character development. I just wish the writes would let Cilan have the same ;__; and Ash as well because dang that boy hasn't really gotten anywhere this season. :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
There's apparently going to be something to do with Purrloin in his upcoming Decolora episode, but I'm not getting anything from the summary that looks like actual explanation. I want that. And some more cool battles with him involved. And more tag battles because wow he and Ash worked prety well together the two times they did. And he and Iris did well together last ep. More tag battles please <3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh man. Oh man. He should accidentally catch it before he's conquered his fear and distrust of it and they should get a mini-arc where he's trying to learn to train the one Pokémon species he just can't handle. omg. I want this.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Haha, maybe it's just that Cilan has a cat phobia :3

Anyways if that were to happen I'll be really looking forward to it. :3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Nah, nah, he's just fine with Meowth. Apparently a Purrloin wronged him in the past somehow idk. Also he may well be over-dramatizing the incident, as seems to be a habit of Sommeliers. (see: Burgundy) I'm just really excited now for no reason since they're probably not going to give us even a smidge of explanation. :')

Years
I say Gary could come in Dekorora arc. If he rerally is coming there i bet Cilan will try to battle him even before Ash had a chance. ( He will have his old Electivire with him. I am sure of it)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Uweh? What reason would Cilan have for battling him though? Unless it was going to play out like Pallet vs CaféMocha but wow I highly doubt that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ahh maybe he was playing with it when he was really little and something scared it so it flipped out and attacked him because cats totally do that sometimes. And now he understands that, but it doesn't make him any less scared of it happening again?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh that don't mean a thing. Gary would battle Ash first and foremost, because he's Gary. He don't care about whoever Ash is travelling with, he's focused on his childhood friend and rival.

Years
But But Oh well. Let's forget it and focus on any thing new. Any thing new to discuss. Speaking of which I have a hunch the anime is going to introduce another character in Dekorora arc who will be Ash's sort of Rival

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Really? idk man it seems to me they're focusing on the main trio having adventures all across the archipelago. I don't think there's enough time for another rival in between all the self-contained stories. And what would they be rivals for, anyway? It doesn't look like there's be any tournaments or anything.

Years
Really? idk man it seems to me they're focusing on the main trio having adventures all across the archipelago. I don't think there's enough time for another rival in between all the self-contained stories. And what would they be rivals for, anyway? It doesn't look like there's be any tournaments or anything.

No way they have to introduce some battles just like they did in Orange Islands archipelago. What I was saying before was like the character could appear in 2-3 episodes and battle Ash

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Some battles, sure, but would a rival really make an appearance? They've had so many rivals in Unova, why not just bring one of them back (Stephan ♥)?

Back