• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Who remembers the infamous Route 217?

The Den

Dark Mystery
Years
  • Age 23
  • US
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Ugh. I can easily say that this was the most annoying location I played through in all of Pokemon. I dread coming to this place every time. It's just so long, slow, and monotonous, and not to mention the crap-load of trainers as well. On the other hand, I do love snowy areas in Pokemon, and getting to Lake Acuity and Snowpoint city were a nice treat.

What do you guys think/remember about this area?

Years
I hate Route 217 because of the fact you move extremely slow and the blizzard makes every battle have hail which is very annoying. It's probably one of the reasons I never completed a Sinnoh game.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
Years
All I wanted to do was chain Swinub in my old Pearl file, but this route is legitimately impossible to chain on. Even the desert in the post-game island was better. The good music can only help my frustrations so much

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Although I hated being covered in snow, I really liked that route. I found the snow and scenery relaxing. It is definitely one of the most creative routes out there.

This route is also really memorable for me because I remember being sick and staying home from school playing this route all day. I had also just gotten my new pink DS Lite.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Please don't remind me of this route, I'm already having nightmares about it. XD

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Sees thread title

I've played through Pearl 6+ times, what did I miss?

...snow...

oh, that route

I just remember it being at the middle of a long, cut-scene filled trek starting at Cancalave City Library and ending after Spear Pillar. It's interesting the first time, but the seventh time...

Back