• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
At the moment PC's running fine for me. The downtimes and slow loading speeds seem to be becoming less and less of a problem.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
PC's barely been screwing up for me at all server-wise all week...

..only because there was a corrupted cookie or something and I couldn't access any page other than the forum home without opening a private browsing session. :( Took me a while to find the time/drive to figure out how to delete individual cookies in Chrome, baaw.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
PC has been working good enough, although I do think that the loading times for the pages are much longer than I'm used to.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
PC's barely been screwing up for me at all server-wise all week...

..only because there was a corrupted cookie or something and I couldn't access any page other than the forum home without opening a private browsing session. :( Took me a while to find the time/drive to figure out how to delete individual cookies in Chrome, baaw.

400 bad request?!?! I get that all the time!! I got that yesterday too.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Well, that topic died...

So... skateboarding, cycling, rollarblading, etc... what exactly are they considered?
I mean, I've heard people call them sports, or 'Outdoor Activities', but... those don't really fit all that well...

Sir Codin

Cycling and Rollarblading can be sports or outdoor activities.

Skateboarding on the other hand is something I like to call "inefficient."

The Skateboarders at my college have shown that skateboarding is a sham. 95% of the time skateboarding is attempting some "trick", failing miserably, and getting pissed off...unless your trick happens to be "Ollie off this staircase, have the board fly off my feet, land on my ass, damage my tailbone and yell profanities" in which case, congrats you've succeeded.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I feel that they're all outside activities for sure. Mainly on the premises that you don't do them inside, usually.

I don't agree with you Char on your quip on skateboarding though. I mean, I'm not gonna deny what you say doesn't happen. Cause it does, a lot. But they're also a good way to go around and have fun, assuming you're not stuck on attempting to do a olli off the roof of a building or something.

Sir Codin

I swear to God, Bloodex, I've seen so many skateboarders at my college. They all attempt these tricks and fail miserably. Sure, skateboarding can be a fun way of moving around, but when it comes to doing trick, every single skateboarder has done nothing but fail their fancy "tricks" ninety-nine times out of 99.

It almost makes me feel like professional skateboarding videos are fake.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, way to take your anger out on the glitchy server.

I only find skateboarding to be fun if you're going down a steep hill and trying desperately not to fall off or crash, tbh. Oddly enough, I only have legitimately fallen off (and hit the ground) once so far, though.

I wouldn't consider those things to be sports, either. Though now I'm tempted to try to skateboard indoors. {:

Last edited:
Years
lol Dipu :D

But yeah, I don't really have accidents all that often. The only one is usually tripping over my own feet. It always looks like I'll never be able to skateboard because I have balancing problems.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I get into accidents all the time, it's something I've grown accustomed to.

And skateboarding is a lot harder than it looks, for the record. :I

droomph

weeb
Years
I get into accidents all the time, it's something I've grown accustomed to.

And skateboarding is a lot harder than it looks, for the record. :I
I've never gotten into a "small" accident before. I've never broken a bone, strained a muscle, or any of the stuff that normal kids get to experience. It's either been "I'm perfectly fine" or "I'm about to die".

And yes, it's like a slip n' slide without the "fun" part.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The only time I've fallen while skateboarding, it was partially voluntary- I had been going down a pretty steep hill with no means of stopping, so I jumped off. Lost my footing, fell, and slid down the alley (while the skateboard proceeded into the street without me). I must've landed pretty hard, though- tried to get up almost immediately, but wasn't expecting that much pain, and fell back down haha.

I'm clumsy- but only some of the time. Though I tend to have good luck involving injuries. My sister's cat actually pierced my eyelid with his claws, but missed my eye. It looked like I was crying blood. :D

I'm writing this from heaven
Wait, you have internet over there?
Awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back