• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I can be more specific if needed. However, originally the gym leaders were gods and had gifts over the aspect that their country represented. Victoria was one of three sisters that ruled over time, space and, dreams, he being time of course. For the sake of I don't know what exactly, I shrunk it down to a singular region. I may or may not keep the god-like aspects but if I remove them, it will most likely be the Pokemon in charge of whichever element. As you can see, I tried to make Victoria's team somewhat having to do with time, without the use of legendaries. If I were to violate this personal rule of omitting legendaries from teams, I would have include Celebi and Dialga.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I feel that you should omit the gym leaders completely. The idea of having gods turned gym leaders seems as if you are restricting yourself to work within the framework of the main pokemon games, and I could see the RP being far more ambitious, and in turn, far more original if you were to set yourself free from said framework. Really, even if you don't go with Polytheistic-religion inspired gods, I feel that you shouldn't restrict yourself to gym leaders; you will have far more to work with if you do.

Having said that, I see that you have branches planned for a plot that barely exists at its roots. That's not entirely a bad thing, as many ideas are created that way, but I really feel that you should create a basis for your story, as well as the universe you are creating, before you build on its inner concepts. This will make the story stronger, and make developing said concepts much easier (as well as easier for us to help out with).

Alternatively, you can build on these concepts with the goal of creating a plot out of them; for instance, you say that you want to make a region with towns and cities based around themes that govern the aspects of the region itself. In a sense, the region is its own universe (so long as space is one such theme as well). So, try asking questions about how that will involve the RPers. Why would the RPers want or need to journey throughout these areas? Are they in some sort of peril? Does the RPer want to affect the region in some way? Is there someone or something there essential to the RPers daily life or goals?

Speaking of essential characters, let's talk gods. You seem dedicated to making the player face this Victoria character, as well as the other gods, quite a bit. I'd first wonder if you are doing this specifically to give the roleplay purpose or if there is truly a legitimate reason the player would have to face these ex-gods, or at the very least, Victoria. Is it because they've become corrupt or have a malevolent hold over those who dwell in Anona, or is it simply because there is some reason that the RPer must defeat these gods, "good", "evil", or otherwise?

I don't mean to overload you, but I want to try, at least, to help you create a basis for the story in one way or another, as that is when the ideas will start flowing. I also don't want you to completely adhere to the pokemon game framework. When I frequented the hacking forum (and this is still of recurring use among many hacks in said forum) I would often see people making stories to the likes of "You are an up and coming pokemon trainer, but when Team X threatens the region, you must collect the eight badges, challenge the Pokemon League, and defeat Team X before they can take over the world!" Now, that was a very generic example, but the idea of mandatory gym leaders and mandatory Pokemon League Challenges is found in incredible amounts in hacks, even if the story doesn't revolve around them; I don't want you to fall prey to that, especially because, at least from my point of view, the gym leaders seem mostly out of place. You're creating your own universe here, you have nearly boundless room for your imagination to roam free, so please take advantage of it.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
To be honest, I didn't even see it mixed in with the normal comment in that post. Don't give up on your ideas so easily, tell us a little of what it's about, give us some details, it may arouse some interest.

Well, years pass after Hades' defeat by the hands of Pit. Peace returns on earth, but Viridi still sends her forces of nature to obliterate the human. They have become stronger recently. Pit does well, but he can't do this alone. Lady Palutena is looking for recruits to help in any way, Fighters included. She holds tornaments & battles in free-for-all & team battles. She also holds main & sub missions for anyone, depending on their skills. There is also rumor of Hades's resurrection. Any opinions?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Well, years pass after Hades' defeat by the hands of Pit. Peace returns on earth, but Viridi still sends her forces of nature to obliterate the human. They have become stronger recently. Pit does well, but he can't do this alone. Lady Palutena is looking for recruits to help in any way, Fighters included. She holds tornaments & battles in free-for-all & team battles. She also holds main & sub missions for anyone, depending on their skills. There is also rumor of Hades's resurrection. Any opinions?

So a deathmatch is how they decide to recruit an army (and losing potentially over half of that army in those battles alone, well before the story actually gets good)? Maybe not, you know, Army-grade basic training or something? You can get a lot more out of the latter.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So a deathmatch is how they decide to recruit an army (and losing potentially over half of that army in those battles alone, well before the story actually gets good)? Maybe not, you know, Army-grade basic training or something? You can get a lot more out of the latter.
Well, I'm assuming that, as indicated by the actual battles in the game, they will be more like Asgardian battles where, if someone dies, they simply "respawn" (a la Billy and Mandy). I'd also assume that, depending on how they perform in battle, they are assigned different ranks and different level missions.

Still, I do agree, this doesn't exactly seem like the wisest on Palutena's part. I mean, after the whole Uprising fiasco, she wasn't exactly well stacked in terms of troops (for a few reasons), but even if you disregard that (which would be easy depending on how much longer this takes place after Uprising), this might be a rather slow process, resulting in the war being one sided in favor of Viridi.

If you are truly bent on making the RP based around the tournament, than I would suggest solely basing it around the resurrection of the guy down under and the preparation for their return; a battle to determine those who will face the Big Bad and result in the least casualties while still gaining a victory.

Alternatively, you could simply have some cause of a tournament between the Gods under the original scenario.
Viridi is blowing the Earth back to the Stone Ages and it's Palutena's job to stop her. However, after the battle with Uprising's Big Bad, Pit is out of commission, and Palutena will need a lot more than just him to take on Viridi and her liberation army. That's when Plutena has an idea. A tournament between the Army of Nature and the Army of Light, one that will settle their differences once and for all, without the need to waste so many troops. Palutena is a rather playful, almost mischievous goddess, and Viridi, despite being more dedicated, is always up for a little competition, especially against Palutena. Viridi agrees, and the battle of the gods begins again!
A scenario such as that would not only justify the tournament, but it would also allow RPers to pick the cause they feel they want to fight for most, as well as to give more variety to those who compete.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
ADVERTISEMENT: If anyone feels like it, I'm opening up a couple of spots in Monster Art Online. It's very freeform, but still a journey. Levels and captures are up to your own interpretation and imagination to describe and implement. The plot idea is taken from the anime Sword Art Online; you RP as a player in a MMORPG where logging out has been disabled and where you are forced to beat all of Johto's gym leaders and thus complete the game, to make it automatically log you out.

We're still only in the beginning, making our way to the first gym leader and meeting up. So if you've missed RPing as a pokémon trainer and want some extra spice in your game, come sign up! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293067

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
ummm i sort of have an rp idea thats in its very early phases but wanted to know if it was interseting?

Anyway my idea was a sort of a hunger games like tournament set in deep space that 6 people are set into pods and shot off in random directions off into deep space with no memory expect that of one that is to find the other players and to either team up or kill them. A big alliance or a mass murder is up to RPers. If one person is left standing then they get their own planet and empire or if they team up they find out that an emperor brainwashed them and is planning on taking over the universe and the big alliance tries to stop the emperor.

VictoriaNovus

Queen of Time
Years
Oh wow, thanks for the insight machomuu. (The post seemed a little too long to quote so I guess I'll just get into it.) I actually have had this idea for a long time, but have only just started developing it to include Pokemon.

First Paragraph: Now that I think about it, I do agree that the gym leaders should be omitted from the plot-line. Regardless, I do think that these god-king/queens or whatever title I decide to officially go with should be faced in battle in order to settle deals of some sort. However, if I did decide to include gyms, they wouldn't be extremely relevant.

Second Paragraph:What the main story before I brought it here included different characters that were being contacted by the rulers of the different (nations in this case) that most reflected them. Eventually, these human characters were realized part of a prophecy that would help end civil wars on the planet/region ultimately preventing the complete destruction of existential plane.

Third Paragraph: As far as the role of the roleplayers, they may be the characters aforementioned that with their Pokemon would have to work at retaining peace among the great powers. I as the games master along with a friend would most likely play the role as most of these powers in a way that causes either help or hindrance depending on the situation as well as character. For example, one plot is that the forest region may be fed up with supplying goods throughout the place (I'll go with this for now at least).

Fourth Paragraph: The Roleplayers being part of the "prophecy" they would be expected to interact with these "gods". However, a different god may react more benevolently than another. In Victoria's case, she would be more friendly than for example the ruler of spirits.

I hope I answered everything, and sorry for not getting back to this sooner.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
-_- Nobody replied to my RP idea except Pink. Consider it dead.

Like macho, don't give up on your ideas too easily. You also gotta realize that not many members are familiar with Kid Icarus (not even myself...except for his appearance on SSB lol). Expanding your idea can help, you may get some takers. :P

Aside that, I actually have a My Little Pony roleplay idea, thanks to Icefyr for the VM he sent me the other day. I kinda wanted to be sandbox, since it takes place all over Equestria. I'd expand this a bit, but I am not sure if most of the Corner are interested in seeing a MLP roleplay. I've seen some before, but they weren't long-lasting.

ummm i sort of have an rp idea thats in its very early phases but wanted to know if it was interseting?

Anyway my idea was a sort of a hunger games like tournament set in deep space that 6 people are set into pods and shot off in random directions off into deep space with no memory expect that of one that is to find the other players and to either team up or kill them. A big alliance or a mass murder is up to RPers. If one person is left standing then they get their own planet and empire or if they team up they find out that an emperor brainwashed them and is planning on taking over the universe and the big alliance tries to stop the emperor.

I love this idea of a Hunger Games roleplay! The winner gets their own planet and empire ...sounds pretty epic! This would be something I'd join.

Hello everyone. I'm Fantasy XI and I'm new around here. I want to know how the systems work around here if anyone don't mind

Welcome to le Roleplay Corner! We're a great bunch of roleplayers here and we don't bite! Roleplaying is easy here and not too hard to follow, so once you join a roleplay, you'll get used to it. Head over to the Roleplay Corner index page and check out these two stickies: The Roleplayer's Ettiquette, and Skymin's rules page, which has a LOT of stuff you should probably know before you roleplay! Hopefully you can join in the fun, and don't hesitate to ask any questions on this thread, or contact our epic moderator Skymin. Have fun!~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Thx i actually had a cool idea for it too why don't we integrate pokemon into this too? So like different planets have different Pokemon you can catch. Here's the twist though if someones Pokemon faint you can kill the trainer thereby eliminating the trainer from the tournament.

Sound good or should i stick with just space no pokemon?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hello everyone. I'm Fantasy XI and I'm new around here. I want to know how the RP systems work around here if anyone don't mind
Welcome. Though I think you spelled your own username wrong. :3

Like macho, don't give up on your ideas too easily. You also gotta realize that not many members are familiar with Kid Icarus (not even myself...except for his appearance on SSB lol). Expanding your idea can help, you may get some takers. :P
Yeah, I have never heard of Kid Icarus and have no idea of what it is. So if you explained what it's all about, people might sound more interested :3

Aside that, I actually have a My Little Pony roleplay idea, thanks to Icefyr for the VM he sent me the other day. I kinda wanted to be sandbox, since it takes place all over Equestria. I'd expand this a bit, but I am not sure if most of the Corner are interested in seeing a MLP roleplay. I've seen some before, but they weren't long-lasting.
I'd look at a MLP roleplay. At least if it seemed to have a cool plot. And maybe if our ponies were sorta special. In some way.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Well, I'm assuming that, as indicated by the actual battles in the game, they will be more like Asgardian battles where, if someone dies, they simply "respawn" (a la Billy and Mandy). I'd also assume that, depending on how they perform in battle, they are assigned different ranks and different level missions.

Still, I do agree, this doesn't exactly seem like the wisest on Palutena's part. I mean, after the whole Uprising fiasco, she wasn't exactly well stacked in terms of troops (for a few reasons), but even if you disregard that (which would be easy depending on how much longer this takes place after Uprising), this might be a rather slow process, resulting in the war being one sided in favor of Viridi.

If you are truly bent on making the RP based around the tournament, than I would suggest solely basing it around the resurrection of the guy down under and the preparation for their return; a battle to determine those who will face the Big Bad and result in the least casualties while still gaining a victory.

Alternatively, you could simply have some cause of a tournament between the Gods under the original scenario.
A scenario such as that would not only justify the tournament, but it would also allow RPers to pick the cause they feel they want to fight for most, as well as to give more variety to those who compete.

I'll take these ideas. I'll also let RPers roam around fields as they please. How does that sound? & how does having Dark Pit- I mean Pittoo in the story feel? This RP could work out well.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hello everyone.

This is an advertisement to help fill up the last open spot in Aerion. Come join the Knights of Ekilore!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Thx i actually had a cool idea for it too why don't we integrate pokemon into this too? So like different planets have different Pokemon you can catch. Here's the twist though if someones Pokemon faint you can kill the trainer thereby eliminating the trainer from the tournament.

Sound good or should i stick with just space no pokemon?

I've done a Hunger Games roleplay with Pokemon about months ago (it was actually a reboot), and it didn't get much attention as it would have on a Hunger Games with actual humans. I would stick to the original concept like you mentioned before.

Yeah, just stick with space :P

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Well since this IS the rp discussion thread, I figure that I can talk about this roleplay and spread the word here. I have recently converted to the Church of Supervegeta. Let it be known, this church is not for the faint of heart... sacrifices must be made and only the worthy will be allowed in. That being said, Supervegeta is not without mercy. Though there are rules to follow as well... they are not difficult for those who have perseverance and aren't afraid to cough up a bit of blood. If you really want to be in the church centered around the MOST original roleplay, then by all means, join up.

Just take a look at my own testimonial on my about me section on my profile to understand the sheer OBEDIENCE that Supervegeta commands! If you cannot rise to this level then just stay away from Supervegeta and don't you DARE use his holy name ever again. Supervegeta shall see if you have sacrificed enough to be even CONSIDERED a part of his church. As stated before, perseverance comes a long way.

Young Greiger speaks the truth, and Supervegeta said on to me: "You shall be my voice and lead all to salvation." Therefore, I have accepted my role as the leader of the Church of Supervegeta. However, the tastes of Supervegeta have led to me to assume the title: "Pony Pope of the Church of Supervegeta."

His first commandment as spoken to me and I quote: "#1: Thou shall watch 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' and thou shall love it and tell me what is thine favorite Pony."

I promise to provide more words of wisdom when he speaks them to me.

Hello everyone.

This is an advertisement to help fill up the last open spot in Aerion. Come join the Knights of Ekilore!

Also, this. Please listen to your god and may he hath mercy on your soul.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
mfw ponies are involved with the church of Supervegeta

:DDDDDD

@Rika It'll take a while for me to come up with a decent plot, but I will have something!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Young Greiger speaks the truth, and Supervegeta said on to me: "You shall be my voice and lead all to salvation." Therefore, I have accepted my role as the leader of the Church of Supervegeta. However, the tastes of Supervegeta have led to me to assume the title: "Pony Pope of the Church of Supervegeta."

His first commandment as spoken to me and I quote: "#1: Thou shall watch 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' and thou shall love it and tell me what is thine favorite Pony."

His will shall be upon me as well! All hail the glory of Supervegeta and pray for the eternal salvation that only he can give!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back