• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Thanks =)
However, I don't think I'll keep using them because I'm having a hard time getting the environment to look the way I want with Kanto's mostly urban tileset.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Thanks =)
However, I don't think I'll keep using them because I'm having a hard time getting the environment to look the way I want with Kanto's mostly urban tileset.
But Identity looks so amazing with FR tileset. What tiles exactly do you need?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
But Identity looks so amazing with FR tileset.

I agree - that was one of the things that made Identity different because it didn't have a somewhat gimmicky tileset (*cough* DP Tiles *cough*) and focussed on story rather than graphics. However, what might be interesting is instead of substituting for another tileset totally, the FRLG one is simply extended. So more graphics in the FRLG style?

But at the end of the day it's your hack VG and it's entirely up to you what you do. ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
The most important tileset change that I want to make is the sewers.

But in addition to that I have a prairie environment so I need buildings that are more...umm...natural?

Well, I'm planning on having something like the buildings in Fortree and Pacifidlog but on mountain and desert environments.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Prarie buildings you say? Something like this:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Yes, that building is just what I was thinking of, from the wooden walls to the straw roof. Is that from one of your tilesets?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Yes, that building is just what I was thinking of, from the wooden walls to the straw roof. Is that from one of your tilesets?
exactly - you could extend the FR tileset with some stuff like that, maybe? In my opinion it would be much better than new tiles.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
best storyline ever!!!!!!!! totally addicted... eagerly awaiting release of next beta. :) :) :)

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
This is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite hack ever. I downloaded it a couple of days ago and played it through in about an hour, unable to stop. It's just so good. Keep up the excellent work!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
This hack is quite awesome. Keep up the good work bro.

Waiting for the next...

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2011
Im really enjoying this hack so far, I think it has a great plot and some nice ideas behind it. I did find a bug that may or may not have been noted. In the pokemon center in the lighthouse, if you stand on the blue or yellow chairs at the far right against the wall you can walk through the wall to the right of them and go quite a distance into the black space around the center. Hope this helped

Geno9213

Geno is awesome!
Years
I just played through it. It's great! The ending of the demo was a great way to...end it. Can't wait for the next beta or demo! One little thing though. In the sewers, if you leave the bridges a certain way after leaving, you can't access the sewers anymore.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Is this a glitch or what because I can access Erika's gym and Celadon's Department store?

aka825

Online Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Your hack is the best one on Pokecommunity.
I keep replaying it, wanting it to never end.
My friend (who does not play pokemon hacks usually, but came over one day and has the equivalent of a doctorate in pokemon) agreed this was one of the best pokemon games out there (including releases).

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Wow. This hack. I absolutely love this. I played through the whole demo, and I am VERY impressed. Everything was very well scripted, and the maps were ingenious. They were laid out with a lot of care it seems, and they all seemed much more realistic than any other maps I've seen. Especially the jumbled slums of Silvertone City. There were a lot of small grammatical errors, but those should be easy to correct, especially with that list you got.

I only have two things to say:
One) A map of the sewers would've been very handy; I got way too lost in there.
Two) I really think that it needs custom music, or at least remixes of the existing music. Walking in the slums and hearing the Vermillion City song (I think) did not give off the right vibe. :P

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the release of your next demo. Stupid cliffhangers.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
What must I do after the cave near the pass, then an unown appeared as "VGAura"
That, my friend, is the end of the current demo. I believe the Unown that called itself VGAura said that before you regained control of your character. As for what to do now, you wait for the next demo to come out.

Back