• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU COPETITIVE TEAM. PLZ RATE!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 8, 2010
OK here is my team that i've been using for a while. My current victory rate is around 72%. All suggestions for improvement are appreciated and will be considered.

Salamence @ yache berry
Naive
attack 252 ev
speed 252 ev
hp 6 ev
moves:
dragon dance
earthquake
outrage
stone edge

Scizor @ life orb
adamant, ability: technician
34 hp ev, 252 atk ev, 224 speed ev
moves:
swords dance
bullet punch
bug bite
brick break

Milotic @ leftovers
bold
248 hp ev, 252 def ev, 8 speed ev
moves:
recover
toxic
surf
ice beam

Heatran @ choice scarf
naive
6 hp ev, 252 speed ev, 252 sp. atk ev.
moves:
earth power
flamethrower
explosion
hidden power ice

starmie @ life orb
modest, ability: natural cure
6 hp, 252 speed and 252 sp. atk ev
moves:
surf
thunderbolt
ice beam
rapid spin

Electivire @ life orb
adamant
6 hp, 252 atk, 252 speed ev.
moves:
cross chop
earthquake
thunder punch
ice punch

Basically all of them have at least some offence with milotic being more of a toxic tank. mence is my lead because intimidate weakens alot of quick lead threats and usually allows a free use of dragon dance if the opponent has to switch. Again, all help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Don't lead with DD Mence since you're just wasting a sweeper pretty much and most common leads can dispose of it quickly.

Milotic is usually EVd defensively since it's already massive special defense is plenty for taking special hits. Try 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe @ Bold.

For Starmie and Electivire, you're better off with Life Orb since the extra power is needed in most situations.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 8, 2010
ok, i made the changes like you suggested but i am still unsure of who my lead should be? Could you suggest who my lead should be or if i should change it all together?

Thanks for the help and any other comments would be apprieciated.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
Maybe an Aerodactyl lead? It would give you a switch in to ground attacks, it can shut other leads down with Taunt, and it can lay down some rocks.

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
Pressure -- Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Don't lead with DD Mence.

Heatran isn't Uber so it's not banned.

Use Choice Band set on Scizor it's the most used set for a reason. Excellent revenge killer and late-game sweeper and a good scouter.

Hydro Pump is an option over Surf on Starmie for more KOs if you don't mind the accuracy drop. I'd run Recover instead of Rapid Spin because your team is very SR weak but Spin is still useful against Stall teams once who's disposed of the spin blocker.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
lol @ how bad deleted post was.

Anywho, if you are sing Physical E-Vire, it NEEDS Meditate, preferable over Cross Chop with a Life Orb. The actually lets you do more than 2 damage. For example you are now no longer walled by Celebi as you remove like 67% of its health on average with a Meditate boosted Ice Punch and you can finish off a weakened Hippowdon at just above 50% and 2hko the Rotom formes with SR up after the boost. You still aren't getting past a health Swampert but you can finish it of at around the 50% mark with Meditate LO EQ.

Back