• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The second rom is the second game right ? And by saying that there are going to have 2 betas for every game so beta2 is going to be the final one right ? ( excluding bug fixed versions )

Yes, the beta I'm working on will be the completion of the first game. The second game will eventually follow sometime after that release. The second game starts off right where the first left off.(Minus your Pokemon and items of course. But don't worry, you'll still get your dragon's final evolution Right Away. Just lower leveled.)

I've made my way to the 6th gym leader's city. There's soooo much stuff in between the 5th and 6th. Also, the safari zone has changed into The Training Grounds. Unlike the Safari Zone's "The deeper you go into it, the more rare the Pokemon will be", the Training Grounds has Pokemon raise up by five or ten levels the deeper you go. For example; The first floor of the training grounds will have pokemon 45-50. The second is 55-60. The third will be 60-70. And the 4th will be 75-80. The best part of it all is, Unlike the Safari Zone, you can catch these Pokemon. One last thing about the Grounds is, It'll have Pokemon who gives you specific EVs for every stat for those into a competitive style of training in rom hacks.

That's the least of some good stuff I've added. Tajaros has been working on some really good scripts for the events I've created.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Also, the safari zone has changed into The Training Grounds. Unlike the Safari Zone's "The deeper you go into it, the more rare the Pokemon will be", the Training Grounds has Pokemon raise up by five or ten levels the deeper you go. For example; The first floor of the training grounds will have pokemon 45-50. The second is 55-60. The third will be 60-70. And the 4th will be 75-80. The best part of it all is, Unlike the Safari Zone, you can catch these Pokemon. One last thing about the Grounds is, It'll have Pokemon who gives you specific EVs for every stat for those into a competitive style of training in rom hacks.

Oh man, I had an idea almost just like this that I was maybe going to implement into Crimson! I just hope no one thinks I stole this haha.

But don't worry, you'll still get your dragon's final evolution Right Away. Just lower leveled.

How are you going to be sure that the player gets his/her correct dragon starter? Wouldn't they be able to choose a different one if they wanted to break the rules, hypothetically?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Oh man, I had an idea almost just like this that I was maybe going to implement into Crimson! I just hope no one thinks I stole this haha.

How are you going to be sure that the player gets his/her correct dragon starter? Wouldn't they be able to choose a different one if they wanted to break the rules, hypothetically?

Well, yeah. But this'll give the player a chance to switch between games if he/she either wasn't too satisfied with the dragon from the 1st game, Or they just want to try another this time around. Not like the Professor from the 2nd game will know lol. She'll just tell the player "Your dragon has been successfully evaluated and made a safe transfer over from Prof.Ivan's Lab. Um...Which one was yours again?" And the rival from the first will pick his up later on as well depending on which you choose.

EDIT: Hey Everyone. I will be re-uploading beta 1 again in a couple of minutes after this edit msg is posted. The reason is, I was going through YAPE while I was working on Beta 2 and realized Conkeldurr's typing was Electric lol. Sorry about that for whoever is using it. I changed it to Fighting and I will be re-uploading the ips of beta 1 right now.

Last edited:

moety5

Wolf Master
Years
WOW! I played the beta and I was making a video of it, OVERALL, GREAT GAME! I made a lets play and its uploading to youtube now! Please Post it on the first post you made with a link to my channel or the first episode of the hack. YOU ARE NOW MY FRIEND! Whether you want to be or not, YOUR MY FRIEND!!! I would love to add you on skype if you have one! Amazing game best friend, ALL HAIL DARKRISINGGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Hmmm...My Signature image wont show, but Im A PIKACHU! just to let you know! I tried the test thing once and i'm a PIKACHU!!! Heres the the website, I need to make 15 more post for an actual link, so just copy and paste this! youtube.com/watch?v=xB0vHeKenKE&feature=youtube

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok...if you're into competitive battling you could say this. But it's like you're saying that you just caught a lv 90 Dragonite and you won't use it because it's EV's are lower.
Last reply to this since it's really off topic.
I would use mentioned Dragonite only if levels of enemy Pokémon weren't similar.

Just to make sure to apply an update all I have to do is re-patch it with the new update right?
But don't repatch the old ROM!
You need to patch new ROM.

lol, i hope you meant it when the desert are will be fun. I always hated desert areas :3 lol
Better catch some Sandstorm-resist Pokémon :D

Years
OK great hack I must say.. Why haven't my eyes seen that hack for that long time but thnx to ASH493 i managed at last... All the tiles , sprites and events are neatly done... The story is quite good to... I am just hoping when you will release another beta or the final village.. I just encountered these bugs so Thought I should also mention them along with the usual praise...
All the houses in Tiki Village as well as where Larvesta is traded have small problem in their entrance that is we are not completely out of like usual games.. I hope you understood what i am saying...

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
What are the pokemon's new evolutions? Like for the ones that need to be traded and such.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
What are the pokemon's new evolutions? Like for the ones that need to be traded and such.

You mean like Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, etc...?

All Pokemon that need trades to evolve now evolve as their level get's higher, I'm not really sure on what level they evolve but I'm pretty sure that most of them evolve around lvl. 40 and above... :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
urm when you reach the end of the first beta there's a bug that lets you refight PETE however many times you want, (dunno if thats supposed to be there or not) i finished the first beta using nothing but salamence and occassionally v*****i when i had to use revives, salamence ended up lvl 83, v*****i started at lvl 34 ended up at 43-44. oh and don't know whether this is a bug or not, but when you get the first V*****i, if you go back into the house where you got it and talk to the old bloke again, he gives you another one two lvls higher at 34.
Debating and attempting with a run through with dragonite, may have to gameshark some rare candies at the start til it gets rid of wrap...
still love the game, i was actually sad i finished it...

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
urm when you reach the end of the first beta there's a bug that lets you refight PETE however many times you want, (dunno if thats supposed to be there or not) i finished the first beta using nothing but salamence and occassionally v*****i when i had to use revives, salamence ended up lvl 83, v*****i started at lvl 34 ended up at 43-44. oh and don't know whether this is a bug or not, but when you get the first V*****i, if you go back into the house where you got it and talk to the old bloke again, he gives you another one two lvls higher at 34.
Debating and attempting with a run through with dragonite, may have to gameshark some rare candies at the start til it gets rid of wrap...
still love the game, i was actually sad i finished it...

Beta 2 is in high priority and I'm working on it right now as I write this msg. Don't worry, the conclusion to the first game is coming.

moety5

Wolf Master
Years
So far so Good, uploaded another video! My voice is low, But who wants to here me right???

Keep up the good work with the mod, also, can you tell me what month at the end of the year, such as November or December?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
So far so Good, uploaded another video! My voice is low, But who wants to here me right???

Keep up the good work with the mod, also, can you tell me what month at the end of the year, such as November or December?

Christmas Day or December 31st. Even if it's not completed yet, whatever progress I've made and finalized will be released. Judging by my progress however, I'm pretty sure I'll be done with the complete hack by then.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Legendary Pokemon Concept

Progress is coming along great everyone. I'm getting somewhat close to the first 4 legendaries you'll have to do the "Bonding" mini game with. This idea will incorporate Pokemon Conquest & Digimon World 1(If anyone of you has ever played it) ideas to obtain the legendaries to join your party. It's like this; After you defeat Tarea, you will have the option of finding legendary pokemon and "bonding" with them. You'll be free to wander around the game and try to find their locations. When you do, you have to convince them to join you(Like digimon world 1). The way to convince them and join a bond with them in order to have them in your party is the mini game part. With the abilities Tarea has given you after the battle in the Twilight Zone, you'll be able to speak mentally with the Legendary Pokemon. Once you find their locations, a conversation will start. You have to choose the correct responses to the Pokemon in order for them to join your party. Example; Groundon is a legendary who obviously won't be easy to convince and want to join a teenage human. He might say something like "Why should a join you?! I could step on you right now!" You'll have 3 options to pick from. Saying something like "Because...I want to help my friends." won't impress Groundon and you'll have to start over. But saying that to Jirachi will probably work. Choosing "Because I'm strong and I like to battle hard!" will impress Groundon, but may be a turn off for someone like Celebii.

An update will be posted by the end of the weekend. Nothing too epic, just showing off some new stuff.

Turbo_Dee

DisrespectDead
Years
Progress is coming along great everyone. I'm getting somewhat close to the first 4 legendaries you'll have to do the "Bonding" mini game with. This idea will incorporate Pokemon Conquest & Digimon World 1(If anyone of you has ever played it) ideas to obtain the legendaries to join your party. It's like this; After you defeat Tarea, you will have the option of finding legendary pokemon and "bonding" with them. You'll be free to wander around the game and try to find their locations. When you do, you have to convince them to join you(Like digimon world 1). The way to convince them and join a bond with them in order to have them in your party is the mini game part. With the abilities Tarea has given you after the battle in the Twilight Zone, you'll be able to speak mentally with the Legendary Pokemon. Once you find their locations, a conversation will start. You have to choose the correct responses to the Pokemon in order for them to join your party. Example; Groundon is a legendary who obviously won't be easy to convince and want to join a teenage human. He might say something like "Why should a join you?! I could step on you right now!" You'll have 3 options to pick from. Saying something like "Because...I want to help my friends." won't impress Groundon and you'll have to start over. But saying that to Jirachi will probably work. Choosing "Because I'm strong and I like to battle hard!" will impress Groundon, but may be a turn off for someone like Celebii.

An update will be posted by the end of the weekend. Nothing too epic, just showing off some new stuff.

Glad to see this hack is progressing nicely. All the best in getting this finished. No pressure, but it's a hack I'm looking forward to playing the final version! :P

Years

Really impressed with your concepts... Another bug reports from me...
There is a house at the end of Flamen Route which is in accessible.. I mean I can't enter it..
I was surprised to see Raining inside Waters Cavern... What inside a cave too!!! First experience for me to see this feature...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Wow... this is interesting... can you show us it with some legendary in some video? =)
I would love to see how this concept would work.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Really impressed with your concepts... Another bug reports from me...
There is a house at the end of Flamen Route which is in accessible.. I mean I can't enter it..
I was surprised to see Raining inside Waters Cavern... What inside a cave too!!! First experience for me to see this feature...

Really? Sorry about that. I'll open that door and upload a new patch. Is it the house next to the waters cavern entrance?

EDIT: Sorry everyone, in the last patch the house where you get your first rod now near the entrance of Water's Cavern was not able to be entered due to a tiny mistake in advance map. But, I just re-uploaded the beta 1 patch and the house is now accessible.

@_Ash493

Sure, I'll upload a video of it once I get up to editing that part and Tajaros is free to write the script. When it comes to the events, I do all of the planning, words, and ideas. But he's the one that makes'em happen. The bonding script shouldn't be difficult at all for him, so as soon as he sets it up and I check if it works, I'll upload a video. ^.^

Last edited:
Back