• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso had memorized a few of the turns, but he still had to pull his map out a few times to confirm their position before continuing at a moderate pace. He looked around several of the corners to ensure he and Calamity were still alone.
He didn't make a fuss over walking through the sewers, but there were some things he'd rather do. Thing about these sewers... he thought, looking around another corner before moving on. Never been down here, so I can't just teleport to our spot.

"Alright we're in position. You should all be coming up on your own exists soon too. The northeast path should have a similar ladder exist, while the two south paths have a caged sewer opening. All paths lead right next to a watchtower."

Hanso took it in stride as he and Calamity went along. A few seconds later, he found what Noctus had referred to. "Calamity and I are here," Hanso returned to Noctus. He then located the minds of the other two groups and relayed, "Noctus' group and my group made it and are in position. What about the rest of you?"
Whether they would move the bars or teleport, Hanso was ready. Point of no return. For today.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign

The Scizor struck Sovereign. He looked over at Frost, unphased. "I assist no one. I fight for myself!" He then slammed his leg on the ground, generating a massive earthquake. The crowd began to disperse as the ground shook, some running in fear, some getting caught in the blast and falling to the ground. "I am Sovereign. Sentinel of the Silver Tribe. And I'm the one who's going to kill you."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum​

Penance was aware that Vigil was on edge now, but he really didn't care. He pushed his feelings aside, Vigil would have to do the same. He made various twists around the sewers until he finally arrived at the tower base. Fortunately there were no hostiles here, but that could change at any time. He stopped at the entrance and nodded at Vigil. He reached out to connect his minds to the others just as Truestriker confirmed they were in position.

We're in position as well. Everyone confirm once more that you are at the designated areas and we'll count down. At three we'll charge and take them all out. Good luck to you all.

He turned to Vigil. "We're ready. Push everything out of your head until the battle ends."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji was a little worried. "Sovereign, join the Gold Tribe. Fight honorably, and we'll accept you with open arms. Please. Don't do this...I was being rash." he started to stammer. this isn't good he thought to himself. Gallant was still staring down Frost. "You could be a brother. We could fight side by side. I would be honored if you did, good Sovereign." he wasn't sure if he was helping, but if he was, the Tyranitar would be an amazing asset to the Gold Tribe. If it wasn't helping however, he would be prepared to fight to the death. He got in a defensive position.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia- Sewers

Everyone confirm once more that you are at the designated areas and we'll count down. At three we'll charge and take them all out. Good luck to you all.

"We're here". Zane heard Noctus's voice in his head. Followed by TrueStriker's.

"In position as well. Guardia communicated to the rest of them. It looked liked everyone was in position.

"We're ready. Push everything out of your head until the battle ends." Defender told him. Zane took a deep breathe and nodded. He stepped forward to the cage in front of him, and slashed it apart in a vigorous swing of a night slash. Just as he prepared to step forward and exit the sewers though, a large rumbling sound was felt throughout the sewers.

"What the hell?" He heard Noctus's voice. "Anyone else feel that?"

"Felt like an earthquake." Calamity said. "Something must be happening up top."

"It might give us a good distraction." Zane said to them. "We go now!" Zane jumped out of the pipe, the light of the city reaching him, and for the first time in what seemed like years, he was in Albia. Murmurs and sounds of activity was happening somewhere to the east. But Zane had different priorities at the moment. Directly to the left of them was their target, one of the Albian watchtowers. The most stone residing in this town made primarily of wood was found on the length of the watchtowers. They were by far the tallest structures in Albia, providing for a perfect view of the entire scope of Albia and beyond. The good thing, or perhaps bad, about it though, was that it's length and vision was so great, that there was no reason to bother looking down at what was directly below them. Enemies rarely got that far. Zane could see directly on the top of the tower a device resembling a technological ballista: The Hyper Beam Cannon.

Zane looked at Defender and nodded towards him, and made a running start right at the front door of the watchertower. It was time to storm. He rammed his head full force right into the iron gates of the entrance with his Iron Head, causing the door to smash open, and paved the way in. At the base of the tower sat Ancients unsuspecting of someone to barge in like this, and Zane charged them, not giving them a chance to prepare themselves. From the corner of his eye, he saw a staircase, where they would need to go once the bottom Ancients were taken care of.

"Alright." Noctus said, looking all direction when pushing away the sewer hole and walking out onto the city. Directly in front of them, the watchtower. "There it is."

Before he even got a chance to finish his sentence, Speculum was already on the move transforming into a Excadrill and drilling right at the door, forcing it open.

Calamity looked at TrueStriker from the exit of the sewer door. "Ready when you are."

Guardia leaped up the ladders gracefully, and made no hesitation as she ran at the door. In a single, fluid motion, she kicked the doors down and slashed at the Ancients inside. The plan was underway.

Albia- Courtyard

"Come at me, then." Frost taunted at the Sawk. Gallant got into a fighting motion as he saw the Swift and Sovereign already begin to engage in their own fights. Followed by the powerful Earthquake the Tyranitar he unleashed, Gallant decided to make his move and strike at Frost. He leaped forward, attempting to nail her with a Hi Jump Kick while she still felt the affects of the earthquake. But she was fast, and evaded the attack at the last minute, countering with an Ice Beam before Gallant had a chance to land. The chilling attack nailed him right on his side, and he was forced back. As Frost smirked eagerly, Gallant slowly got up, knowing that even though he would be able to hold off for a while, against a Sentinel at his age, there was no way he could win. Not alone.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign

"Hehehehe..." Sovereign found the Scizor's plea humorous. "You speak of honor, but do you even know what it means?" He stepped a bit closer to the Scizor as it held it's defensive pose. "Tell me, what is honorable about betraying someone you swore an oath to? Hmm?" He reached out to grab the Scizor's face to slam it into the outcropping of sharp rocks that had formed in the earthquake. "I'm not like the others! I've never been a Gold Tribe member!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji knew that unless he thought fast, he would die. This Sovereign character would kill him, honor or no. "You may not have been in the Gold Tribe, but you don't have to serve them." He had a brilliant idea flash through his mind. He Meta Clawed the Tyranitar's hands at the knuckle, causing his reflexes to let go, then leapt onto it's back and gripped it's horns as hard as possible. "You can change! You can join us!" he began to shake his head around. He slammed a metal claw into his back. "If you won't join us, I will fight to the death!" Which will be soon...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Do you remember the day I gave you your name? His father's voice echoed in his head as he thrashed about, trying to knock the Scizor from his head. How could you face your ancestors if you broke your alliance with Auron? Show him the folly of his ways Sovereign. Show him the power lurking inside your veins... "I will not be manipulated!" Sovereign yelled as he fell backwards, crushing the Scizor with the spikes on his back. As he rose up from the ground, the air pressure shifted. Black energy cracked like lightning as the earth began to shake. "I will teach you your place you pathetic insect!" His hide shifted color, from green to bluish-purple, and his eyes began to glow. "I will crush you where you stand!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji gasped in pain. The Tyranitar's crushing weight had severely injured him. He weakly stood up. "My place is fighting beside my brother." He started to take another stand. He dashed forward with a quick attack, striking Sovereign's side, then an aerial ace on the return blow, and finished with X-Scissor across his chest, then leapt back, unsure of what do next. "I will not stand down, and I will NOT die here today, know that beast." He was terrified of the pokemon's changing hide. He had to be careful from now on.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance didn't know what had just happened, but it seemed some kind of rumble was taking place on top. Hopefully it wasn't just the Sentinels having some 'fun' with the civilians. Zane was right of course about it aiding them as a distraction. If the Sentinels were indeed occupied with something else then that would make their job much easier. Zane motioned to him and headed on to their target and Penance followed behind, looking around to make sure no other ancients or Sentinels managed to catch sight of them. The Ancients were completely taken by surprise and Penance eagerly formed some Water Pulses and slammed them into a Kabutops.

Lucky for him the confusion effect managed to kick in as the Kabutops swung its scythes at the Ancients around it, managed to cut up some of them pretty badly. There were only a few of them down here. Apparently the Silver Tribe never thought that the watch towers would even get close to being stormed, still they needed to take precautions.

Everyone, be on the lookout for traps! No telling if the area is littered with them! He broadcasted as he shot out two more Water Pulses and Screeched at another group who clutched their heads in pain at the loud noise.

It seemed to be going good so far. Still, after they secured the towers they needed to rendezvous with the army as fast as possible. It was essential that they take the towers as quickly as possible.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
"Sovereign" said Erratt, "Outrage is a powerful technique, used by dragons of all varieties throughout history. It is rarely passed on to non dragons. You have received a great honor." The Pupitar listened patiently as his father spoke to him. "Many can use it, but few have truly mastered it. Those who have can focus their attacks on a single target. But for others, it can make you a liability, possibly even causing harm to your own allies. Use Outrage sparingly when working in a group. You may do something you regret..."

Sovereign's eyesight was blurry. He could see several figures in front of him, but could not tell which one was his opponent. He let out a mighty roar as he charged the one closest to him. He lifted them into the air and hurled the unknown individual at one of the others. He knew he was taking a risk, but really, he wouldn't mind hurting any of the people on the field, Frost included.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji leapt out of the way of the charging beast, then gave the most powerful metal claw he could to Sovereign's back. He leapt back farther, then looked over at Gallant and Frost. They were just watching...That's better for Kevin so he can rest up... He took another defensive position on top of the smallest structure he could find. He's still in a rage, and he can't climb buildings. Pathetic lizard! Why don't you come up here and get me! "Gallant! Be careful and avoid the beast! Look out!" He threw a rock at Sovereign.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia- Courtyard

While Sovereign and Swift exchanged blows with each other, Gallant struggled to recover from the first blow dealt by Frost. He looked up to see Frost paying attention instead to the battle between them instead of this one. Gallant was in no rush to get up and start fighting the Sentinel, so he stayed put on the ground and gathered his strength before he would strike again. Frost eventually snapped out of the battle next to him and concentrated back on Gallant.

"Still on the ground, are you? You're not much of a Gold Tribe fighter, are you?"

Gallant smiled. "You see only with your eyes, so you are easy to fool!" He instantly got up and made a running shot at Frost, already preparing with a Focus Punch to land right on Frost. The Froslass wasn't expecting it to come, and was hit back by the Sawk to the ground and flung a few meters back. Gallant panted heavily from the energy he exerted from the punch, but smiled at the results. But a few seconds later, his smile disappeared as he heard rustling in the smoke and rubble. Frost stood back up, dusting herself off.

"Impressive. You won't get another shot like that, though." She formed a stance, now being serious. Gallant ran in for a Close Combat attack, but every punch he threw at her, she was able to maneuver her body and avoid the attacks. Gallant concentrate and tried hitting her with a karate chop, which she sidestepped, and then hit him again with a direct Ice Beam. Gallant was thrown back to the attack, and before he could even stand again, she was already ready to pounce on him again. But then, distraction came from the other battle, where Sovereign appeared to be going beserk, charging in a random direction, and slamming right into a nearby Ancient. Frost stepped back to avoid any aftershock of the attack.

"Watch where you're aiming, you stupid brute!" Frost cursed at the Tyranitar.

Albia- Watchtowers

Everyone was down for the count on the ground level, and Zane proceeded up the stairs to the top. Commotion was already beginning to be heard from the top, and Ancient began to be flung down the stairs. Zane pushed forward, slamming into the ones directly in front of him with an Iron Head, and avoiding any others, in a relentless pursuit to the top of the tower.

Everyone, be on the lookout for traps! No telling if the area is littered with them! He heard Defender say in his mind, but so far, all it looked like was ill-prepared Ancients not expecting a direct assault to the watchtowers. They were lucky, catching them right off guard and opening up for an assault to the top. Eventually, Zane and Defender pushed through the Ancients, and reached the top. The Hyper Beam Cannon was right in front of them, unmanned. Zane caught his breath for a moment and reached for something in his bag, and pulled it out. It looked like a miniature device of some sort, with a button right in the middle.

"Compliments of Demas." Zane told him with a smile, tossing the device to him. "It's a Explosion device. Set it on the cannon, and press the button, in a few minutes, the device will activate and it should harness the ability equal to that of an Electrode's Explosion attack. I gave one to someone in each group, Calamity, Guardia, and Noctus, so that once they reach the top, they'd be able to set it off. Belas and Hazone should be able to see the explosion as a cue to attack Albia. Looks like we probably won't be able to position anyone on the tower itself." He added with a smirk.

"Defender and I are in position. Sound off when the rest of you are ready to go."

"Still climbing the tower. Lot more of these b*stards than I thought!" He heard Noctus say in his mind.

"Almost there!" Guardia communicated to them.

They had to time it at the same time, so that no one will become aware until it's too late.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji saw Sovereign tearing through the terrified Ancients, mortified by such reckless power, and the horrifying violence towards his own people. He glanced at Frost and Gallant's fight and saw the Sawk land a powerful Focus Punch on Frost while she was disctracted by the Tyranitar. Good job brother. Seconds later, the Frosglass recovered. Thie Sawk began to close in, but the ghost just manuevered out of the way and nailed him with an Ice Beam. "No!" He shouted down. He looked around for something he could use and saw something atop the building closest to the pair...That's it! He leapt across the building swiftly and was soon looking straight down at the dueling pair. "EAT THIS SHE-WITCH!!" He dived off the building towards Frost, and swung a Metal Claw as soon as he was in range, struck her across the back, then managed to pull up and fly with his wings back to another roof.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
In a brief moment of clarity, Sovereign managed to catch a glimpse of the Scizor flying up to the roof of a building. Before he could lose it again he quickly began charging the building. Mid stride he could fell himself losing focus again, but he had already directed the next attack. He burst through the side of the building and began knocking down walls and support beams bringing the building to nothing but a pile of rubble.

He was under quite a pile, but his tough hide had protected himself from most of the debris. He could feel his head pounding, a side effect of the Outrage. He decided to wait a moment before emerging to avoid hurting himself.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Finally, the last of the Ancients had been dispersed. Penance and Vigil hurried up to the cannon itself and luckily it seemed that the Sentinels had not installed some kind of contraption to blow the tower up or to cause the tower to collapse. Strange, strange indeed. If Penance had been in control he knew he definitely would have installed some kind of protective doors or had at least put some kind of special lock on the cannons so only trained Ancients could access it. Meh. Couldn't expect perfection from those who thought everything was going perfectly after all. As Vigil pulled out the explosive Penance paled. Furthermore as he strapped it on Penance had to ask.

"V-Vigil.... please tell me this isn't a prototype of his! Please tell me that he told you he performed a experiment with it at least once! His explosives are rather.... faulty. He blew up an entire building once when he was making a tiny bomb for crying out loud! Granted, yes, it was empty, but still! Please tell me he presented volunteers who at least saw the tests! Else.... that thing could blow on us in any second!"

He looked at the explosive, "No telling if the internal timer on it will work properly or the minute you ignite it explodes one second later! Even worse, the explosion has even more power than a Electrodes' Explosion attack and when we activate all four simultaneously it wipes Albia off the face of the map!" He grabbed Vigil by the shoulder, "Was he rubbing the devices nervously when he gave them to you!? Please for the love of Arceus tell me he wasn't!"

Garet

GhostFire
Years
The earthquake was a little surprising, but it was decided that they could use the distraction. Calamity looked at Hanso. "Ready when you are."

Hanso nodded back. Within moments, they'd passed the sewer exit and headed for the nearby watchtower. Hanso kicked the door open and stepped in to throw several Psycho Cuts at the surprised Ancients. As a Kabutops charged him, he ducked around its blades to deliver a Night Slash to the chest. He used the momentum of the attack to shove the Kabutops into some of the other Ancients and threw a few more Psycho Cuts. Hanso threw out a few of his illusion-selves to distract more Ancients while he jumped over an Omastar's Hydro Pump; as he landed, he delivered a Psycho Cut to one, then both of the Ancient's eyes. Hanso then teleported to a spot behind an Armaldo and continued fighting.

Within minutes, Hanso and Calamity had subdued the ground-floor Ancients and began climbing the stairs. Everyone, be on the lookout for traps! No telling if the area is littered with them! Hanso took the warning into account. A minute later, the two ran into more Ancients that seemed hesitant to fight once they discovered that Hanso and Calamity were expert fighters. No traps so far... Hanso alternated between striking the Ancient in front of him and throwing Psycho Cuts at the Ancients further up, taking care not to get in Calamity's way.
The Ancients fell easily enough that Hanso began to count how many weak points he hit. After several more Ancients, Hanso shook his head a bit. Still don't know if this bracer's claw helps or not. He certainly didn't feel influenced by it.

The two were near the top when Vigil relayed, "Defender and I are in position. Sound off when the rest of you are ready to go."

"Still climbing the tower. Lot more of these b*stards than I thought!" He heard Noctus say in his mind.

"Almost there!" Guardia communicated to them.

"We're close to the top-- no, we just made it." Hanso ducked under the charge of the last Ancient and used its own momentum to propel it down the stairs. He then took the last few steps and walked over to the cannon. "We're here at the cannon," he relayed. "About ready." Hanso turned to Calamity and asked, "Did anyone tell you how we'd make this not work?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia- Watchtowers

Zane saw Defender visibly pale when he showed him the explosive. He began to worry and panic that the explosive might detonate any second. Needless to say, if Zane was in his position, he probably would have been doing the same thing.

"Don't worry, don't worry. It's been tested. Belas had it commissioned before we even attacked Eternity City. It should work fine. As soon as he push the button in the center, though, we have to move. There should be a detonation in a few minutes afterwards."

Zane grabbed the detonator and attached it to the Hyper Beam Cannon.

"Alright, detonator in position. When everyone has theirs in, we press the button and run. The Explosion should take care of the rest."

Zane heard Noctus curse in his mind again, but a few seconds later, he replied in. "In position, charge set!"

We're here at the cannon," TrueStriker relayed. "About ready." Calamity walked over to the cannon and positioned the device on it. "Zane said Demas gave him this to use on the cannons." He told TrueStriker.

Everyone seemed to be in position. Zane took a deep breath. Now that they were actually here, he felt like something could go wrong. What if Defender really was right and the machines were faulty? What if the explosions wouldn't take out the cannons? Zane had to put it out of his mind. Time was running. "Alright. On my mark, we push the buttons, and run out of these towers fast! Ready….GO!"

Zane hit the button, and the as fast as he could out of the towers. Calamity, Guardia, and Noctus did the same.

Outskirts of Albia

"Still no sign." Belas said to Hazone, far south of Albia, looking at the city from afar. From their distance, they would be able to spot some sign that the watchtowers were out of commission. Sword and Shield coordinated with the army once he separated with the other Gold Tribe members, and brought them into position. It was up to them now.

"They'll get it done." Sword and Shield told them.

"Well, let's hope so." Belas said worriedly. "If not….well, we're in for one hell of a day."

"I think we're in for that either way Belas." Hazone said with a chuckle. Belas grinned as well. Behind them was an army anxiously waiting for the Gold Tribe to pull through and take out the deadly watchtowers that patrolled Albia. It was a strange feeling for Hazone. The watchtowers and the Hyper Beam Cannons that inhabit them were the pride of Albia, and the Alpha Alliance. They were installed almost a century ago, after the conflict with the Order of Neoverse, and ensured no force would ever conquer Albia again. They have since then very rarely been used, and became more a monument than protection. Now, Belas felt that they were about to destroy a piece of history.

Then the detonation came. Four simultaneous large explosions occurred from all sides of the city. It was a spectacle of sorts, almost like a set of synchronized fireworks. The Generals' eyes lit up. Belas gave a laugh. "Haha! I knew they'd pull through! Come on then, soldiers! It's time for us to retake Albia! Don't waste the opportunity given to you! For the ALPHA ALLIANCE!"

Belas's speech was met with roars and howls of the soldiers. A moment later, the army began its charge, with Hazone, Belas, and Sword and Shield right at the helm. The Alpha Alliance had made its move.

Albia- Courtyard

"EAT THIS SHE-WITCH!!" Frost heard from behind as a pair of claws struck her bad. She screeched angrily, and turned to see the attack, the Swift, already on the move back to another roof.

"You'll pay for that, you insolent whelp!" Frost yelled at the Swift. "When I get my hands on yo-"

Frost never got the chance to finish her sentence as the ground rumbled below and explosions occurred across the city. Fire could be seen at the corners of the city. "What's going on?!" Frost yelled, confused at what was happened. A Kabutops sped forward to her, kneeling in front of her as scared citizens who still remained outside began to hurriedly take cover in their homes and other shelters.

"M-ma'am! The watchtowers! The explosions came from the watchtowers!"

"WHAT?!" Frost yelled. "Who...! The Gold Tribe. They're here! Looks like the ambush didn't take all of them like I thought it would."

"Frostbite!" An Aerodactyl said flying swiftly towards her. "The army! The Alpha Alliance army is here!"

"Belas has come, eh? I should have seen this coming…mobilize the Ancients. You're meeting them head-on." The Aerodactyl bowed its head and took flight. Ancients started mustering to the south of the city to meet the army. "Now then…" She said, turning to where Gallant was supposed to be, but seeing no one there. "DAMN IT!" She yelled, taking off to find the Sawk, who appeared to have escaped during the commotion.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

The graves before Vera brought back bad memories. Her parents deserved much less than this. As she was about to smash the grave stones, a loud rumble echoed across the city. I swear to god, I can't leave him alone for 5 minutes can I? Then, as she made her way to what she assumed was Sovereign's earthquake, another series of rumbles, this time accompanied by explosions at the various watch towers. Vera began to sprint, desperate to get to Sovereign. The Gold Tribe had been busy. And she knew Sovereign wouldn't be able to contain himself.

Sovereign

As the explosions echoed, he suddenly realized that something bigger was going on. He emerged from the pile of rubble to see several of the watch towers had been taken out. That meant no defenses around the city. "Frost! What is going on?! How did they get in the city?!" He suddenly realized that their opponents were missing. "What the hell just happened!?"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji Slynt

Jirmonji landed and heard Frost call out at him. "I'll get you insolent whelp!" He saw the Tyranitar crash through the original building he was on and began to laugh as it collapsed. "Looks like the 'pathetic insect' just out manuvered you!" He called out, still laughing. He stopped immediatley when the four watch towers blew up at the same time. He gasped. He looked for Gallant in the courtyard, but he was no where to be found. Brother! Where did he go? He began to leap from roof to roof until he was close enough, and jumped on to the closest watch tower to find a destroyed...Hyper Beam Cannon! He hadn't seen any since the battle of Gold City! He ran into a blown open sewer entrance to find a Zangoose and a Golduck. "Who are you?!" he asked accusingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back