• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
hello, how can I change the grass anim? because when I change the tilset, it doesn't change when I walk into it. Thanks by advance

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hello, how can I change the grass anim? because when I change the tilset, it doesn't change when I walk into it. Thanks by advance

follow this thread by thethethethe...

This was the original:
Spoiler:

This was what happened after decompiling:
Spoiler:

Basically the part where the person says "Are you taking care of the pokemon" is gone.

no callstd...?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
not sure if this was asked but is there a tool which would change your sprite after doing an event? Example: Your normal sprite is red, then you talk to a person like professor oak, then the screen turns black(like walking out a door) then u are a different sprite and at a different place.
Is this possible?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
not sure if this was asked but is there a tool which would change your sprite after doing an event? Example: Your normal sprite is red, then you talk to a person like professor oak, then the screen turns black(like walking out a door) then u are a different sprite and at a different place.
Is this possible?

There was an article in the old RHN on how to do this. You can find it here.

I've also heard that JPAN's Hacked Engine offers a similar feature but I'm not familiar with it.

This was the original:
Spoiler:

This was what happened after decompiling:
Spoiler:

Basically the part where the person says "Are you taking care of the pokemon" is gone.

Well, the first thing I would recommend is to update your version of XSE. You seem to be using an old one. In the newest version, the "msgbox" construct is expanded so that instead of having to put "callstd 0xXX" after every "msgbox", you can just add "0xXX" after the dynamic offset (e.g., "msgbox @text 0x6").

As for the script itself, I can't say for sure what the problem is. Judging by the addresses, it looks like you compiled the script more than once (unless there was another, different script at '0x800000') so my guess would be that you are decompiling an older version of the script. However, I can't know for sure because I don't have your ROM. Try compiling the script again and then decompiling the address that shows up next to "@main" in the box that pops up after pressing compile.

Last edited:

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Thank you so much! I was wondering why my scripts weren't working with diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial. I managed to fix it in the end, so thanks for all your help! :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
can anyone tell me where to look at kind of pictures that are used in titlescreens. like the forest or ocean style ones. where would one find those?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Can anyone help me? When I change the title of an indoor map like let's say... The Pokemon Lab, it changes all maps under Pallet Town the name I changed it to. Is there a way to prevent that?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Can anyone help me? When I change the title of an indoor map like let's say... The Pokemon Lab, it changes all maps under Pallet Town the name I changed it to. Is there a way to prevent that?

Nope. When you change the name of a map, you're actually changing the name of all of the maps in that "folder" (don't ask me to explain it). However, you can use the drop-down menu in Header View to move the map to another folder and then you can change the name of the map's new folder to something else.

can anyone tell me where to look at kind of pictures that are used in titlescreens. like the forest or ocean style ones. where would one find those?

I'm not sure if I know what you're talking about but some commonly used backgrounds for titlescreens are the "Area Images" which are displayed upon entering certain areas in FR/LG and HG/SS. Here's a link to the Area Images for FR/LG and here's another one for the Area Images for HG/SS.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
I'm not sure if this is actually possible, but I'm wondering how (if it actually is possible) I would be able to edit the experience system so that you get 1.1x exp for defeating a pokemon that you have a type disadvantage against, and 0.9x exp when defeating a pokemon that you have a type advantage against.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm not sure if this is actually possible, but I'm wondering how (if it actually is possible) I would be able to edit the experience system so that you get 1.1x exp for defeating a pokemon that you have a type disadvantage against, and 0.9x exp when defeating a pokemon that you have a type advantage against.

It would require some extensive hacking of the battle engine, something that 99% of hackers would be unable to do. So yeah, you should consider it impossible.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I use Advance Map to do tile inserting. You can use other programs to convert to sixteen colours and gather palettes, though.

Here's a good tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
I'm trying to input a new trainer sprite that i made to replace Drake's sprite in ruby, i have the sprite indexed to 16 colors using irfranview. When i open unlz-gba and go to drake's sprite i click import and choose my sprite, then i use Free Space Finder to find 308 bits that it needs to write it to the rom. When i click 'write to rom' i tick Export image and auto-fix pointers; then i click 'write to rom' again and export the pallet. The sprite appears as it should in Unlz-gba, but using anything else to view the sprite (RSball, PET, A-trainer, the game in an emulator) it comes out nothing like it's supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back