• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
My father is the one who cuts the wood, because I could easily hurt myself.
Also, we didn't use a tutorial or anything we just use a Fender telecaster as a base for the guitar.
It took just six days to get where you see in that picture, we just need some parts and then we're finished with it.

That is still really cool, where did he learn to do it? What kind of wood are you using for the body and the neck, as you know different woods hold different tones and sounds.
Any ideas on what pickups and pots your going to use? This is such a cool thing youre doing!

I wonder if anyone else in the club has tried something like this before, or at least helped on a project like this before.

Speaking of project, hows everyones parts for God Knows going? I've basically got my part done so just need everyone elses so I can put it together and give it to Kurui.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
@CarefulWetPaint, at the moment we're using about the same kind of wood for both the neck and the body.
However, we haven't worked on it for three days already mainly due to some issues.
I was thinking of showing off some of the gear that I have later, because I was thinking of what you fellows think of them. Oh and by gear I mean guitar, amps, and bass.

Last edited:

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
Just what I was looking for!
Username: Manganum
Instruments played: Electric + Acoustic guitar, Bass, Keys, Vocals, Studio recording (Pro Tools, Reason, Ableton)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Not currently.

On a note of discussion, has anyone dabbled in using Ableton in a live band environment? I've been meaning to, but I'm having trouble thinking of a way to sync the live drums up with Ableton's BPM. I guess using a click track through each member's in-ear monitors would work, but it's really a horrible, painful noise and there's got to be a better way. Anyone got any ideas?

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years

A user bar - it took less time than I expected it would! XD It was good fun making it... and I might make another one, I don't know. If I make another I'll make a better one.

HTML:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279418][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3961/userbamcpe2.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats awesome Evan! just one problem.. you spelt musicians' wrong :S

Welcome Mangan!
If memory serves me right there is one or two people in the club that have experience with Ableton Live so hopefully they'll be able to help you out. I would commend any person in the club who did help out Mangan as well, so if you can please do. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thanks heaps for doing it Evan, it looks great!

How would some of you people feel about remixing a track and then playing the parts on your favourite instrument? Like Synth with a Clarinet or something insane like that? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

EDIT
I didnt even notice that guitar picture there Korso! Thats an ibanez yes? Do you have the model/ know what the model is. Is it in as good as condition as it looks in the picture? Thats definitely a massive steal for $75 dollars! So jealous atm!

Last edited:

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Thanks heaps for doing it Evan, it looks great!

How would some of you people feel about remixing a track and then playing the parts on your favourite instrument? Like Synth with a Clarinet or something insane like that? Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

EDIT
I didnt even notice that guitar picture there Korso! Thats an ibanez yes? Do you have the model/ know what the model is. Is it in as good as condition as it looks in the picture? Thats definitely a massive steal for $75 dollars! So jealous atm!
It's a Ibanez Gio Mikro GRGM21, I think. But, that's only one guitar when my family owns three. Also, I'm getting a usb for guitar and bass for amp modeling software this week.
Extra picture for you guys
Spoiler:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Username: Kanto_Johto
Instrument(s) played: Saxophone, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Studio Recording (mini home studio)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Possibly

I've listed Sax first since it's the first instrument I learnt to play properly and I have my grade 8 exam on Wednesday, so it's something of a main instrument. Currently I'm really committing myself to learning jazz and pop piano.

I've really gotten into studio recording as of recent too. Low budget equipment FTW!*

*I say low budget, I've probably spent upwards of £600 on equipment...

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Low budget my arse, I can't afford like anything studio-wise.

Eh, do you guys think I should pick guitar or vocals as my second instrument to like perfect? I'll still play the other oen a lot but idk which should be more important...XD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Kanto!
Low budget :| Thats more then my guitars :'(. Im sure you can some nice crisp recordings out of that, especially for a home studio thats awesome! You should post some of the work you do for us to listen to :). Maybe some jazz work on your Sax? That'd be pretty cool. Grade 8 means youre pretty good doesnt it?

Contro I think it'd be much easier for you to learn the guitar better but if you want a challenge definitely go for vocals. In my mind being able to sing gives you a much better chance of getting places, especially if you can play 4 chords on the acoustic while singing (lol).

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I can't believe this is the first time I seen this club. I would of joined a long time ago if I knew about it. Anywho, I play guitar and like to freestyle rap.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Welcome Kanto!
Low budget :| Thats more then my guitars :'(. Im sure you can some nice crisp recordings out of that, especially for a home studio thats awesome! You should post some of the work you do for us to listen to :). Maybe some jazz work on your Sax? That'd be pretty cool. Grade 8 means youre pretty good doesnt it?
I'm actually in the middle of recording a cover of Norwegian Wood by The Beatles. As soon as I've finished a rough mix I'd be happy for you guys to give it a listen and tell me what you think :). I may well record some jazz too, possibly something like Yardbird Suite by Charlie Parker.

My guitars (Fender Strat and Crafter Acoustic) cost around £820 altogether but they produce a great sound, especially the acoustic. What guitars do you have? :)

And yeah, did my grade 8 today. My technicality and tone are pretty good, but I sometimes trip up on slower, more expressive pieces because the breathing patterns required are extremely difficult (at grade 8 standard). And I'm a non-smoker, aha.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the club shiny! Oh a rapper that's cool do you produce your own beats to rap over?

Oh that sound fantastic kanto I look forward to hearing it! I don't under what you mean by being a non smoker though?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
@CarefulWetPaint, I would produce my own rap beats but I don't have the money to get the program needed for it. So my friend helps with that. Just curious, am I the only rapper that joined this club? Ive only been rapping for about 6 months but got 4 years EXP on guitar.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Contro I think it'd be much easier for you to learn the guitar better but if you want a challenge definitely go for vocals. In my mind being able to sing gives you a much better chance of getting places, especially if you can play 4 chords on the acoustic while singing (lol).

That's the thing, I've got like a unique way of singing (that's kinda what people say) but I'm finding it really difficult to hit higher notes, so I might concentrate on guitar for a bit since I don't have enough p for a singing teacher and I have literally no idea how to train my voice XD

Years
Username: Aeroplane
Instrument(s) played: Music Producer (IDM, Dubstep, Electrohouse, Trance, Hardstyle, Shoegaze), Guitarist, Bassist, Vocalist
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: I don't see why not ;)

Hey guys, I write in all different kinds of genres, always looking for new producer friends. I've also played guitar for the past 5 years. Woo!

Thought I'd mention that I'm putting together a compilation based on the original 151 Pokemon (Yup, 151 tracks!), if anyone would be interested let me know~

Years
Thanks ShinyUmbreon189 :D

I can finally post videos, for anyone who is interested, here is the first promo video for the Pikachunes Compilation, a compilation based on the original 151 Pokemon.

(I wrote the tracks for Articuno and Shellder~)

Spoiler:

We are still looking for people to write tracks! Check out the link in my sig~

Hope you guys enjoy.

Back