• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red: The Hard Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Pokemon Fire Red: The Hard Version! Release

fireredhard.png

Beta 6
Introduction
pokeball_icon.gif

Hey guys! I'd like to introduce another (or improved) version of Pokémon Fire Red. This is kind of a mix between a 386 and a difficulty game.
The minor features and changes implamented do not really change the characteriscits of the orignal game but do however enhance the difficulty and the enjoyment of the game!

I have only been working on this for several days so the only assortments I have worked on so far are the battles this includes trainers, rivals, gyms, Elite Four ect.
I promise you this game to be very challenging but fun!

If this game gets positive feedback and becomes admired by users then I will go forth to adding new variables such as scripts, events and so on. For now however let's just call this "The Pilot" I have spent quite alot of my time dedicated to this hack and plan to carry on so please be respectable with feedback, thank-you.

Features
pokeball_icon.gif

• A whole new Rival!
  • Gym Leaders have new & stronger teams!
  • Every Gym Leader now has 6 Pokémon (aside Brock & Misty)
  • Sound replacements (Example; Oaks Lab)
  • Rivals team had alertations
  • All trainers edited some the same but higher levels
  • All rematches with any trainer has also been edited to suit their location in-game
  • Elite Four members have much stronger teams and even stronger teams second time round (L90+)
  • Gym Leader Rematches! ~ After completeing the Elite Four you will notice the Gym Leaders dotted around Islands Four, Five Six & Seven.. can you find them all!?
  • All 386 Pokémon obtainable
  • New trainers implamented to spice things up
  • Whole game difficulty intensified
Media
pokeball_icon.gif

Spoiler:

Meet May from Hoenn! ~ As your new rival she will battle you frequently!

Pokemon-FireRedHardVersion_01.png
Pokemon-FireRedHardVersion_04.png
Pokemon-FireRedHardVersion_02.png

Tools
pokeball_icon.gif

XSE (eXtreme Script Editor)
Pocketscript
Advanced Map
Advanced Text
Advanced Trainer
De-capitalization Patch

Evolution Changes
pokeball_icon.gif

Taillow > Swellow = Level 34
Swablu > Altaria = Level 38
Wingull > Pelipper = Level 30
Kadabra > Alakazam = Level 46
Machoke > Machamp = Level 50
Onix > Steelix = Level 49
Scyther > Scizor = Level 49
Hautner > Gengar = Level 44
Porygon > Porygon 2 = Level 44
Poliwhirl > Politoed = Level 46
Seadra > Kingdra = Level 48
Graveler > Golem = Level 50
Clamperl > Huntail = Level 45
Clamperl > Gorebyss = Water Stone
Eevee > Espeon = Sun Stone
Eevee > Umbreon = Happiness (Normal, No Day/Night)

*Please note that some of these evolution changes are due to the stat changes and rarity in-game.

Bugs & Glitches
pokeball_icon.gif

• Several Rocket Grunts MAY be unedited ~ if you come across one, please note their Pokémon & location and PM/VM me, thank-you. Gentleman Will
Custom Trainers
pokeball_icon.gif

(Created by you lot!)
Spoiler:

Release
pokeball_icon.gif

Beta 0.74
Length: 7 Gyms (Upto Two Island)
Release Date: Thursday 22nd December 2011 23:11 GMT.

Extras
pokeball_icon.gif

Anyone who can create Support Bars or a decent Logo - Please PM/VM me!

Want to create a trainer? Well you can! - Alls you need to do is Private Message me requesting what you want your trainer to be called, class, gender, location, team ect. and if it's acceptable, I will implament them into the game!

There are restrictions of course, No Legendaries & no unsuitable teams for locations
(Example ~ you cannot have a team of Level 50's on Route 3)

Stat Changes
pokeball_icon.gif

Please see document on stat changes archived in the RAR file! ~ Expceted for final release!

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
i played it, it satifyed the need to make this game harder, as i beat firered in a week, ill keep an eye on it!

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Hey I thought game is pretty good. Got a couple things though.
1.Change the girl that you battle before you enter in the forest; oddish to at least a higher then the pokemon in the nearest grass.
2.Change Pichu to evolve to pikachu at any level between 10-30.
3.Change what the proffesor that upgrades your pokedex make him update it and leave somewhere. -not give you dream eater-
4.I like the fact that you can catch grass starters in the forest but it defeats the purpose of getting a Bulbasaur. lol.
5.I liked the game and I think you should continue it.

blue

gucci
Years
Thanks for the feedback & I'll take it on board.

About the Oddish I changed that right after I made the release (now Level 8) which I think is suitable and about the professor, I was debating whether I should just leave him because well I'm not too strong on scripting but I don't really see a problem with teaching Dream Eater but if people wish for me to change I will.
Regarding the Pichu & Pikachu evolution, with the next release I'm going to change it so that ALL Pokémon that are evolved via trade will be evolved by a certain level and I will change SOME happiness evolutions and leave some in because I know people like using happiness to evolve Pokémon.
Finally, the starters, yeah I only wanted to put them in an early stage as a test because the beta does end at Pewter so I'm kinda limited to areas where to place them but I will relocate them to a later point in the game, like I said this was only a pilot so I was expecting some flaws with the game, I just wanted to see how it went down but again, thanks, I do intend to continue it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
My VBA won't play the game, it keeps coming up with the message "Unsupported file type" I tried patching it to a clean Fire Red ROM but the VBA will just play the Fire Red game and not the hack. Am I doing anything wrong?

blue

gucci
Years
The levels of Gym Leaders increase majorly but I have been thinking of increasing Brocks levels.

Sorry, it was months ago that I downloaded it and I'm unable to locate it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
The levels of Gym Leaders increase majorly but I have been thinking of increasing Brocks levels.

Sorry, it was months ago that I downloaded it and I'm unable to locate it.

Yea it wasn't too hard seeing there's a spam method with using all your money then battling the gym leader while losing but gaining exp. Got my Treeko, Charmander, and Pichu all the way to 26 doing that.

blue

gucci
Years
Ah right, well thanks for the feedback, I will increase Brocks levels for the next release, and possibly the other Gym Leaders but I dont think they need it because Misty reaches Level 30 and Level 30 for the second Gym is quite intense but yeah.

blue

gucci
Years
Most probally tomorrow, or the day after, I've already changed everything to Cerulean, including trainers, gyms & Wild Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
That's actually a good idea, the thought of beta testers some reason didn't occur to me, I'm testing it now but if you wanna try it out I can send you a link now?

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
This Hack looks very good,I wonder how hard this would be to Nuzlocke....

Oh, and can I please be a Beta Tester too, if you need them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back