• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some help with my 5th Gen movesets

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
Here's the background info: I don't play competitive because EV training is boring and Legendary Pokemon are for chumps the weak the unskilled people that don't know how to have fun. What does this have to do with why I need help? Because sites like smogon justify their move choices with things like "[any move] to counter [any OU or Uber]". Obviously I don't need this if my friends and I just use whatever non-legendary Pokemon. Anyway, here we go!

Flygon
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw
U-turn

Was thinking about using Outrage in place of Dragon claw but I don't know if the risk out weighs the reward

Chandelure
[Flash Fire]
Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Galvantula
[Compound eyes]
Thunder
Energy Ball
Hidden Power - Dragon
Bug Buzz

Slowking @ Leftovers
[Regenerator]
Flamethrower
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam

I really need help on this one. With other good choices like Power Gem, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast it's really hard choosing the best moves for this guy.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
[Poison Heal]
Substitute
Spore
Drain Punch
Seed Bomb

Again a pokemon I'm not too sure about. Spore is a must. I'm thinking I should keep substitute as well. But Stone Edge would be nice as well as Facade.

Braviary
[Sheer Force]
Rock Slide
Super Power
U-turn
Brave Bird

Years
Here's the background info: I don't play competitive because EV training is boring and Legendary Pokemon are for chumps the weak the unskilled people that don't know how to have fun

thats exactly what i was thinking
and i still dont play comp. because i dont want to, have no skills, never tried...etc

but EV training is a MUST and its not boring at all
sure, who wants to kill 252 Patrat's to have 252 EV in Atk :) but you have multiple choices
first, use the vitamins. gives you 10 EV's and you can give 10 vitamins/IV (max) thats 100. now we are down to 152 Patrat's. give a Power Bracer (you can buy it from the shop in the Subway, or you can trade it here), which gives you +4 EV's, so 5 EV's total after a "kill"/exp gain/whatever
no we are down to 30.4 Patrat's...yeah, well kill 2 without the bracer so you need only 30 kills (15 with Pokérus)

so when we say you need 508 EV's, you need only 308 (talking about UT pokémon)

talking about a 4HP/252Atk/252Spe train, all you need is 4HP/152Atk/152Spe
you can use wings, but those are kinda random, but its the best to round down to 0HP/150Atk/150Spe (using 4 Health, 2 Muscle, 2 Swift Wings)
best place to EV train Atk is Route 1, Patrat/Lillipup gives you 1 Atk EV, (5 with Bracer, 10 with Bracer+Pokérus) 150/30/15 kills
best place to EV train Spe is Route 3 (surf), Basculin gives 2 Spe EV, (6 with Anklet, 12 with Anklet+Pokérus 75/25/12.5 kills

do the math, its like 10 mins to fully EV train your pokémon

try it, you have a fully EV trained team, your friend has a random trained team...same moveset, same level...guess who's gonna win? :D

Back