• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I guess I'll do the same as LDD since none of my shinies are listed.

Exploud [F] Caught in Emerald - Random Encounter (not hunted)
Crobat [F] Caught in Soul Silver - Random Encounter (not hunted)
Audino [F] Caught in Black (I think) - Random Encounter (not hunted)
Musharna [M] Caught in Black (I think) - Masuda Method
Serperior [M] Caught in White (I think) - Masuda Method
Bibarel [F] Caught in Platinum - Random Encounter (hunted)
Staraptor [F] Caught in Soul Silver - Masuda Method
Darmanitan [M] Caught in White - Masuda Method
Beldum - Caught in Ruby - Soft Reset (ROM)
Shuckle [F] - Caught in Fire Red - Random Encounter (hunted - ROM)
Goldbat [F] Caught in Platinum - Random Encounter (not hunted)

Don't know the policy on ROMs now..

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome back Landorus and Razer302! It must be reunion week.

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, Weber!

Congrats on the shiny Abra, GolurkIsDaBomb!

I'm only hatching Sandile right now. If I hatch a shiny one, it's guaranteed to have a perfect IV in Attack. It will also have the egg move Pursuit. I will spend some time alternating between Sandile and Litwick.

Thank you for the new congrats.

Years
Wow so i heard we have some old legends back in the club and since im reletivily new i feel a great honor
Good luck with your sandile Latios Master I hope he shines soon
Oh also i should mention that im up to 47 eggs on dratini(been catching up on work so i dont fail XD)

Years
Ahh! School!

It's so awesome to see a bunch of legendary shiny hunters back - so welcome back!

Congrats on all the shinies I've missed out on congratulating :P
I hope everyone gets a bunch of shinies soon!

As for me, I decided on a nickname for my Shiny Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig if/when I get them. I also got up to 1900 eggs for Snivy today. Hopefully I'm nearly there!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-02-25192808.jpg

sigh.............my games dont want to give me what i want. I mean, seriously, this guy only comes at night at 5% encounter rate. at most, i may have only seen 10 of these before he shone. yeah, im complaining a little bit, let me have my moment. i WANT an Abra. im continuing in the same area, hopefully this time i get something else. if i get something other than an Abra, i may have to gamecorner this guy in FireRed. and as always, the second pic:

2012-02-25193138.jpg

it's always nice to see some of the old people return.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi everyone, sorry for not posting lately, I had problems to enter the site, but now everything is ok.

to summarize, congrats to everyone with new shinies, specially latios master because his drought finally ended, welcome to new members and welcome to old (legendary) ones, it's good to see this place revived, hope it continues that way.

well just posting to let you know everything is ok here, cya soon and happy hunting.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So while playing through my Black I decided that I will encounter 150 Pokemon on each route. But I will be using two DSs to encounter..so, yeah. The shiny I find will be the final member of my team. I will keep going through until I get one. :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Boom goes the dynamite!

430272_306729092722461_100001561195282_854668_761548424_n.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwm9t0CmIVI

This will make G-Money happy, lol.

I had beaten the Olivine gym the night before, and saved and quit. Today I fired my game up and decided where I should go next. My Pokemon were at Lv. 30-32 and wanted to get the most out of them before continuing. One of the places I hadn't been yet was the little secret area on the Day Care route south of Goldenrod City. So I headed there, started Surfing, and then Pokemon encounter. And there it was. I noticed the light blue/green right away and closed my DS and couldn't believe it. I hurried and set my stuff up and recorded the capture. :D

I'm gonna keep playing and see if I stir more up.

oh, hello everyone. LOL! :15:

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
How do you guys get the patience to look for shinies and/or hatch shinies? I'd go on long expeditions for shinies and I can never get a hold of one.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
For the first time all year, I actually spent more than an hour hunting, "lol."

1066 Eevee conquered by William of Normandy (none of them were shiny, unfortunately).

It must be reunion week.

it seems to be member revival week in the SHC

This is so awesome! I like revival week better than reunion week, though, since it reunion sounds temporary, whereas what's happening now at the SHC is a permanent upswing! It only gets better!! :cer_laugh:

BUT I MIGHT STAY!

Haven't been around here in ages

Hi everyone,

This will make G-Money happy, lol.

WELCOME BACK!! It's really great to see so many great hunters return. :)

Congrats on the Tentacool, DDD! I knew you'd get one soon!

My dream is to catch a shiny ditto. I want one so bad and since they can't be bred... Well I see it as elusive.

Go for it, dude! Ditto is one of the coolest-looking shinies out there.

charmander to finally shine after 27238 soft resets and eggs combined.

Please excuse me while I go get my jaw off of the floor. 27,238!???? My goodness Weber, that's insane!!! That must be one of the longest hunts ever. A huge congrats on getting it and I hope you get BOTH Bulbasaur and Squirtle really soon! You deserve the whole trio for that many, "lol."

Total Shiny Hunter Club Count: 45 of 56 are Club acceptable

The rules have changed a little bit, at least for the moment. Since there aren't any cards or Pokedex at the moment, we're being a bit lax with counting things. MetalMario mentioned a few months ago about making a new Dex for the club that would categorize shinies by method obtained, which would eliminate worrying about what would or wouldn't count, allowing everyone to make their own distinctions. For example, even though the club doesn't support RNGing or ROMs, people would still be able to hunt that way and then they'd get sorted under their respective categories. MM hasn't been around for a while, though, so I can't promise if that will happen. If not, we might start up the manual Dex again at some point in the future.

because my hunt has ended

Congrats! Good luck on your Ocean Palette Quest - that's probably the most creative hunt I've heard of. Also, welcome to the Eevee race!

Congrats!! It seems your shipment of luck has been delivered, "lol."

sigh.............my games dont want to give me what i want

"lol" Keruso, I can't believe you're complaining about getting a shiny! If it makes you feel any better, just think about if that Venomoth wasn't shiny - you wouldn't have thought twice about it! There's no way that it should yield a negative happiness utility, "lol." At the very least it should be 0, since that's what a normal Venomoth would be. I know you already now this, but still: that Venomoth isn't taking any shininess out of your game!! Your next Abra still has a 1/8192 chance (well, whatever probability your line has :pink_tongue: ), and it's not like the Venomoth is sapping any shininess away from potential Abra!!!!

SRing for Abra is really fun, since you can do 81 at a time and it seems like they're a lot faster. You wouldn't have to worry about those evil shiny Venomoth drinking out of your Abra's luck buckets that way...I hear the Game Corner keeps very good care of their luck buckets and makes sure all of the Pokemon kept there get their fair share. :cer_laugh:

How do you guys get the patience to look for shinies and/or hatch shinies? I'd go on long expeditions for shinies and I can never get a hold of one.

Maybe you should try counting your encounters? I find that counting how many Pokemon I've seen gives me a lot of determination to keep going, since I can tangibly see my number getting closer to my next shiny. Maybe start by doing something like 200 encounters each day (in 3rd gen games, this is only about an hour each day), and you'll likely have a shiny in about 40 days! Just keep up hope, and remember that the next one could always be shiny! :pink_smile:

Last edited:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im going to finish hatching my axews on black first and perhaps finish all the games i started playing through before i get to bulbasaur and squirtle, atleast i believe i will do that becuase i dont know if i do have a squirtle or bulbasaur that i can breed, and if im going to shiny hunt i want to be able to breed them as well becuase i dont have the fear or SR'ing over them.

only 58k encounters til i get both of them by charmander logic! -_-

thanks every one for the support though and good luck to all of those who are not having any luck, just stick to it and eventually it will shine.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Woobat, Vladimir Makarov!

Congrats on the shiny Venomoth, Keruso! I'm sure you'll get a shiny Abra soon.

Congrats on the shiny Tentacool, DDD'SSCEPTILE! Welcome back!

Good luck with your sandile Latios Master I hope he shines soon

Thank you!

congrats to everyone with new shinies, specially latios master because his drought finally ended

Thank you!

This is so awesome! I like revival week better than reunion week, though, since it reunion sounds temporary, whereas what's happening now at the SHC is a permanent upswing! It only gets better!! :cer_laugh:

Yes, revival week sounds better.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
363 Snivy.
100 Eevee.
300 Pikachu.

OMGOMG!! G-Money posted twice in three days!! :cer_boogie:

It better be permanent.

SRing for Abra is really fun, since you can do 81 at a time and it seems like they're a lot faster. You wouldn't have to worry about those evil shiny Venomoth drinking out of your Abra's luck buckets that way...I hear the Game Corner keeps very good care of their luck buckets and makes sure all of the Pokemon kept there get their fair share. :cer_laugh:

Eh...Huh...Wha...? How the heck do you do 80 AT ONCE?

G-Money's signature said:
Credit to ShinySearcher01 for the first userbar!

TheShinyEevee's signature said:
Credit to ShinySearcher01 for the first userbar, credit to me for everything else.

Thanks guys! But honestly, you don't need to give me credit for those.
(unless you want to!) So just saying, if you think your sig looks better without
it, don't worry. I was just trying to help the club a little.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Years
*G-Money told me to!*
I'm gonna make a post about a shiny quest I have going right now...

So, I have a Nintendo DS Lite sticker/stickers, which cover the top and the inside. It's inspired by Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, and it was from the UK Pokémon magazine, Pokémon World. The inside of the DS looks like the cover for the game:
Spoiler:

(Without the Meganium)
And the front is a piece of fan/art:

Spoiler:

My quest was to get all of the Pokémon on the front in shiny form first, and then possibly all of them (apart from Shaymin) in shiny form afterwards. As you can see, I already have Eevee and Riolu (And Shinx chained, but I want another "legit" one)

So yeah! I don't know when I'll resume this quest, it'll probably just be an ongoing thing progressing a little each time I get one of them. And as I really like all of these Pokémon, I would have gotten them all anyway xD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Just got to 1500 encounters, I am on Route 16 in the double grass right now. I skipped the desert, resort gate and resort. So I have to make up for the 450 lost encounters elsewhere (made up 150 in Illusion Forest already, so I did 300 in it.) I did do the Relic Castle though there isn't a sandstorm in it. I have to work from 9PM to 5AM today, and then I work every day until Thursday. But I have school on Thursday (and Tuesday) then I work everyday until the next Tuesday..so I won't be doing much hunting..

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Seeing all the people coming back when I first started here brings back all the old memories of shiny hunting during classes in school and at any spare opportunity I got.

Still playing my VITA heavily right now. But seeing all these shiny's its time to bust out some hunting time I think.

Want to add on to my current of as I remember only being 3 after my old save got deleted >.>

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Thanks everyone. :) I'm not specifically searching for anything, but playing is better than nothing.
Unfortunately, I'm at that part of HG/SS where it's mostly battles instead of wild Pokemon encounters, and will be until I beat out Team Rocket and the Mahogany Gym...
I don't have much faith in my team. I thought they'd be fun but I'm thinking about reconstructing it a little now that I'm deeper into it.

Eh...Huh...Wha...? How the heck do you do 80 AT ONCE?

Good question and I can't resist but answer.

You can have a maximum 9999 Coins in FR/LG. This way, you can buy 82? Abras I think. Check the ones in your party and then check all the boxes (trust me, it's best to have open clear boxes for this). No shiny, just SR.
Easily one of the easiest and best Pokemon to SR for shininess.
It's also the best way to sift for Synchronizers and how I got 90%+ of mine.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten a shiny Abra via this method, but it makes me want to try again. (I did get my shiny Scyther this way, though. I think that was my last 3rd Gen shiny before 4th Gen came along. Memory is fuzzy...)

Years
Well I can say I wasn't expecting to have good new so soon
It appears my 2-day luck has decided to reappear once again making 2 shinies in 3 days, with my new shiny eevee Hugo, who I believe has a hasty nature? (it is one that lowers defense and raises speed)
I'm just amazed at all the luck I have been having!
As for my next hunt... I'm not sure.. I want to keep up with my heartgold shiny quest but I dont know what to go for. suggestions?

Congrats! Good luck on your Ocean Palette Quest - that's probably the most creative hunt I've heard of. Also, welcome to the Eevee race!

Haha thank you! Although hopefully I will one day sport shinies from all parts of the rainbow, ffor right now those seem to be the ones that appeal to me

On another note, I have been wanting to try masuda methoding and i recently aquired a chilean ditto. The problem being is that it is obviously hacked (level 2 in masterball?) and I want to know: would it still work? would the odds still be the same? Thanks in advance and good hunting!

(by the way congrats on the nice tentacool and any others I might have missed)

Years
FIRST SHINY!!!!!!

I finally made it to the top of 1st Shiny Mt. now on to shiny paradise.
All dreaminess aside i finally got my first legit shiny a Dratini i got using the Masuda Method(which i am now a firm beleiver in) only 46 eggs!
BEHOLD
Spoiler:

Oh yeah and sorry its kind of small this is my first time trying to post a picture on this forum

Back