• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Wondering if I could get this to work on my EZ-Flash IV? I tried playing on VisualBoy Advance and got the white screen. I know how to fix it on that, but wondering how to for my EZ-Flash IV?
You will not be able to play it on EZ-Flash either because your ROM has some issues. Try another Ruby . ROM or PM me I will help you

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Hi friends i am new to this forum and i am sorry if it's been asked before. I tried searching in the thread but couldn't get what i wanted. So here's my question about this hack. There are 4th and 5th gen pokemon but not their moves right? THERE ARE NO 4TH GENERATION MOVES LIKE STONE EDGE OR AQUA TAIL ETC? AND SAME GOES FOR GEN 5? Am i right? I would be very happy if someone cares to reply to this. So i can get a chimchar, evolve it to monferno and then infernape but it will not learn it's gen 4 moves like flare blitz or close combat? I had this doubt because i my croconaw did not learn ice fang :( . Will wait for your response. Thanks.
Also where do i get the TM Substitute? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been asked before, but where on earth can I find a Super Repel? Every PokeMart I've vistsed only has Max Repels :|

Need it to get rid of the Arons. lol.

EDIT: I found at Groment City! :) :) :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Anyone know where I can find a Spinarak? I want to get that scyther in the trade in Inhore. I remember seeing one spinarak, but I haven't seen one since and I've been going through endless grass on the routes I've been on so far..trying to make it appear again with no luck :|

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
In the same city where you are offered to trade spinarak for scyther... come out of the house where that guy offers you to trade and go straight up north in one direction. You will come out of the city and the first patch of grass you find near the puddle of water. They are there. Lots of them. ROUTE 404.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
In the same city where you are offered to trade spinarak for scyther... come out of the house where that guy offers you to trade and go straight up north in one direction. You will come out of the city and the first patch of grass you find near the puddle of water. They are there. Lots of them. ROUTE 404.

I haven't gotten the first badge yet. I guess it's rare on all the other previous routes. I'll be getting it once I get this Inhore badge. Thanks for the heads up

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hi friends i am new to this forum and i am sorry if it's been asked before. I tried searching in the thread but couldn't get what i wanted. So here's my question about this hack. There are 4th and 5th gen pokemon but not their moves right? THERE ARE NO 4TH GENERATION MOVES LIKE STONE EDGE OR AQUA TAIL ETC? AND SAME GOES FOR GEN 5? Am i right? I would be very happy if someone cares to reply to this. So i can get a chimchar, evolve it to monferno and then infernape but it will not learn it's gen 4 moves like flare blitz or close combat? I had this doubt because i my croconaw did not learn ice fang :( . Will wait for your response. Thanks.
Also where do i get the TM Substitute? Thanks.
You are entirely correct. There are no 4th or 5th gen. moves. Do not rely on sites like Bulbapedia for their movesets here.

Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been asked before, but where on earth can I find a Super Repel? Every PokeMart I've vistsed only has Max Repels :|

Need it to get rid of the Arons. lol.

EDIT: I found at Groment City! :) :) :)
Yes, Groment City is the first location to find items that are not "Max" items. I wish the lowest-level items were available early on, but getting a Pokémon with Pickup is vital in the early going as they will be collecting lots of Super Potions, Ultra Balls, etc. all for free. You can even get Gold Nuggets with which to buy the Max items - or not, if you spend time training and overpower others easily.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
You are entirely correct. There are no 4th or 5th gen. moves. Do not rely on sites like Bulbapedia for their movesets here.

Suddenly my yearning for a Scizor has gone down. No Bullet Punch, no Bug Bite, no U-Turn? No Technician?....:( Sometimes I forget Scizor wasn't always such a beast

Edit: Does Infernape at least get a viable level up fighting move like Brick Break or something?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Suddenly my yearning for a Scizor has gone down. No Bullet Punch, no Bug Bite, no U-Turn? No Technician?....:( Sometimes I forget Scizor wasn't always such a beast
Obviously...
This is 3RD GENERATION hack...

BlueNwz: Substitute is not TM. It's TM only in first, fourth and fifth generations.
I repeat... this is 3RD GENERATION hack.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
BTW, you can trade for a Scizor at the first city. Which usually is an indication it isn't the strongest Pokémon you'll get.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
So NO SUBSTITUTE and we have to keep Focus Punch throughout the game. This is bad.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I defeated Team Steams base and forgot to get the tablet now they are all blocking the door. is there a way to get in again?

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Just went to talk to Sophia to make her go back to Snowce gym. She leaves towards the back of mt icestorm. I go out the front of mt icestorm since it's much closer, fly to Snowce, go into gym, she's not there.

Am I going to have to go through Mt. Icestorm again to make her appear at the gym?

Edit: nvm, figured it out. It's funny that I said out loud " Is she trollin me right now?" before I found her giving me her troll laugh lol Very clever to put that in the game

Last edited:
Years
Hey, I already played the hack but starting over.
Got a pretty decent starter team (Charmeleon, skorupi, elekid, vullababy and milotic) but I'm looking for the best grass type in the game.
Last time I used sceptile, but didn't really enjoy it, low defense but great speed tough.
Another problem with it is the moveset, learns leafblade at lv 40 something I think and that's a major problem for me.
So anybody has a sugestion what to use? love to ge a respond soon.
(Sorry for grammatical errors and spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

Edit: By the way, if you have any tips on what I need to change to my team please say so, also got a snorlax as my tank added and I know people are going to say change your skorupi but I wan't to get a drapion b/c it's only weakness is ground.

Last edited:

KuroRyu

Kuro Ryu
Years
I can say this is the best hack I've ever played, I would play it over any official game, with the exception maybe of Emerald. I had a team of level 80's by the time I finished, there is always something to do before you get your badge, so you feel like you have to work for your badge (other than the gym battle).
also had a great selection of Pokemon, finished my game with a Blastoise, Raichu, Snorlax, Ninetales, Heracross and Flygon. Deserves hack of the year with every fiber of its being.

Back