• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachatoo

Zachatoo
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2020
Code:
In addition, you seem to be using an older version of XSE. Are you using version 1.1.1?

Thanks for the help! And for the link, I've only managed to find 1.0.0 before now!

Unfortunately, something happened to my rom that seems unfixable (with my skills) so I had to restart (I wasn't far) but my new script works!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Edit: Nevermind, it turns out it was the version of XSE. It must have been corrupted somehow, since it was working fine before. ^^'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
How do you get a script to continue from outside to inside a building? Like Professor Oaks script when he says you cant travel without a pokemon and then brings you inside to pick a pokemon.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
How do you get a script to continue from outside to inside a building? Like Professor Oaks script when he says you cant travel without a pokemon and then brings you inside to pick a pokemon.

You use a Level Script. :) You can find some more information on them here.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
I thought this was a fairly simple script,but apparently not.
When you step on the script tile it is supposed to say you are about to sail to a certain point ect. Then if you choose yes it moves the player forward one step, while pressing no moves the player back one step.

Spoiler:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I thought this was a fairly simple script,but apparently not.
When you step on the script tile it is supposed to say you are about to sail to a certain point ect. Then if you choose yes it moves the player forward one step, while pressing no moves the player back one step.

Spoiler:

It looks good. Now, do you know how to use script tiles? If you don't, you should read "Flags, Vars, & Script Tiles".

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
It looks good. Now, do you know how to use script tiles? If you don't, you should read "Flags, Vars, & Script Tiles".

Yeah, I have used script tiles a lot before and they always worked. Edit: Got it working!

Another question. How do you write a warp script. I want the screen to fade black, warp to a specific map then fade back into gameplay.

Would it go something like this?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Yeah, I have used script tiles a lot before and they always worked. Edit: Got it working!

Another question. How do you write a warp script. I want the screen to fade black, warp to a specific map then fade back into gameplay.

Would it go something like this?

Spoiler:

I have a feeling you should see this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Here is a tip I was told when I first started programming: It is not about how many things you know how to do. The only thing you really need to know is that it can be done and where to look for how to do it. Being able to find information is better than knowing information, because no one knows a language completely. Which is why I still reference the link I sent you when I script.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Would anyone be able to help me with a 'use attack' script? Normally I would just find a template and do trial and error but I literally have no idea what XSE commands I would use. By a 'use attack' script I mean the script would check if a pokemon has a certain attack, then show an animation similar to the one that would show for HM moves? Im bad at explaining, so as an EXAMPLE, how could I make it so that a pokemon could use ember on say, a rock?

karatekid552

Years
Would anyone be able to help me with a 'use attack' script? Normally I would just find a template and do trial and error but I literally have no idea what XSE commands I would use. By a 'use attack' script I mean the script would check if a pokemon has a certain attack, then show an animation similar to the one that would show for HM moves? Im bad at explaining, so as an EXAMPLE, how could I make it so that a pokemon could use ember on say, a rock?

I have an example, but you have to go find it... On a rock... In the game.:p Just go look at one of the rock smash rocks in the Safari Zone.

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
Years
I seem to be getting the "No #org/#seek directives were found. Cannot compile." message for this one.

Spoiler:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I seem to be getting the "No #org/#seek directives were found. Cannot compile." message for this one.

Spoiler:

Code:
#dynamic 0x2E4E4C

[COLOR="Red"]#org @start      // @start can say anything, it doesn't have to be limited to "start".[/COLOR]
setvar 0x7000 0x1
applymovement 0x02 @movedad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x02 @movedad2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x02 @movedad3
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @movedad3
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x02
setflag 0x1000
warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x01 0x08
release
end

#org @movedad
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Oh! There you are \v\h01!

#org @movedad2
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= Good morning! Well, like I\lpromised today, you've reached\lthat age where I can trust you\lwith your own Pokémon!\pFollow me to the workshop!

#org @movedad3
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

You just need to give XSE a pointer to start executing the script.

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
Years
This is not free at all. it's already used by Gamefreak. Use 720000 and after for FR and Ruby, for Emerald use E70000 and on

Either FSF lied to me or I just didn't copy it right, I suppose, haha. But thanks for the tip!

Code:
#dynamic 0x2E4E4C

[COLOR="Red"]#org @start      // @start can say anything, it doesn't have to be limited to "start".[/COLOR]
setvar 0x7000 0x1
applymovement 0x02 @movedad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x02 @movedad2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x02 @movedad3
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @movedad3
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x02
setflag 0x1000
warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x01 0x08
release
end

#org @movedad
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Oh! There you are \v\h01!

#org @movedad2
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= Good morning! Well, like I\lpromised today, you've reached\lthat age where I can trust you\lwith your own Pokémon!\pFollow me to the workshop!

#org @movedad3
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

You just need to give XSE a pointer to start executing the script.

Ah, I knew I was missing something. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Recently I asked a question about Legendary Scripting in FR, however that ROM Corrupted and I moved on to Ruby. Not only does the music differ to normal battles for legendaries in Ruby, but there is also an animation at the start of Legendary Battles. Anyone know what I have to do to make my legendary Pokemon battles be ACTUAL legendary battles not just normal ones.

Thank you

- Derp

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Hey guys I use XSE 1.0.0 but wildbattle wont work for me :(
It crashes here is my script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @main
msgbox @cry
callstd 0x2
wildbattle 151 50 0 0