• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What part annoyed you the most in G/S/C?

Years
GSC were my favourite Pokemon games ever, right up to HGSS (maaaaaaaybe this is trumped by BW/B2W2 now, but still, I adore GSC).
As such, there is very little in the game that annoyed me. One small thing was the way Kanto was dummied down due to the hardware limitations at the time. It was unfortunate that the Seafoam Islands were just.. negligible, as well as Viridian Forest (not to mention the nonexistant Safari Zone). This was made up for with the fantastic remixes of Kanto's music, though, and so many other things.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I should say trying to get to ho oh and also when the togepi egg hatches PROF ELM wants u to go back and show him. cant he wait till u finish

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Catching Raikou and Entei (since catching Suicune is a doddle in Crystal) is one of the most annoying experiences in Pokemon history.
Oh, and scaling Tin Tower is a *****.

blue

gucci
Years
Two words... Miltank & Whitney, spamming Rollout then getting it's health down but just before taking it down "Milk Drink" it's just awful.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
In G/S/C, I have always hated the ice sliding part towards the end of the game. I had no strategy guide or internet when I was a kid trying to run through it, so I spent hours trying to figure out how to get past it. It's no longer such a big deal, but the memories still haunt me.

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
When I was younger, I guess Miltank was my only problem, since I was a beginner. Last time I played Silver, she turned out to be really easy. Never knew how useful Rage could be. And to be honest, I found out recently what Rage exactly does. Before that - I rarely used it.

Now the things that annoyed me few days ago when I played Silver again. The thing that annoyed me the most are those places that need a dozen HMs, like the cave with Lugia and the path to Kanto. I mean, at the end of the Victory Road, Silver awaits you. You can be really handicapped without a Pokemon, unless your team's great. But still, better have the sixth ranger than not.

Also, it kinda annoyed me that Silver's awesome theme is lagging. The music starts playing few seconds after his appearance, when he gets close to you and starts talking. Blue's theme at least played when he entered the screen. It really annoyed since the song is good, and I mostly skip the dialogues when I replay or rush through games.

And also, Mt. Silver. Last dungeon. What do you need inside of it? FLASH. Thankfully, I can look up the map on the net, so I can easily walk in the dark, but without it, it'd be really annoying having to take only 5 members once again. And erasing one of your great moves for Flash just kills the game.

Although Kanto was a bit lack luster nowadays, it was still a great feat back then, and we can easily ignore the lack of challenge and boring stuff in-between. It's post game after all. If they created a story for Kanto too, it wouldn't be a post-game anymore, but the real game. Still, the gyms were too easy. They should have raised the levels, at least by 2 for every next gym. The only challenge was Blue, since he had a mixed team. Others were too easy. And of course Red, the weakest of them all (j/k). My Pokemon were mostly in their fifties, and still kicked his ass. I only lacked moves against Snorlak and Blastoise, so they were a problem. Mostly since I played Nuzlocke. If I played like normally, they'd be easy too.

Aside from all these things that annoyed me, it's still one of my favorite Gens. Or maybe I just love them all :3

Years
I had bad luck because all of the Pokemon I found except my (at the time) Lvl. 12 Geodude were all male.

Enemy MILTANK used ATTRACT!

CROCONAW fell in love!

And so forth... bye Togepi, bye Croconaw, bye Butterfree, bye Unown. Rollout victims. Lovely.

On the upside though, I forgot about the Tin TOwer in Crystal until I beat Claire, did the Dragon's Den thing, and went and got the Master Ball. Goodbye, Tentacool. Hello SUicune.

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
Years
I didn't like having to run around doing that part for the Moomoomilk in Crystal as it took awhile for me to figure it out when I played it as a kid.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
What annoyed me the most, eh?

Definitely Whitney's Miltank. I think everyone knows why, but I'll say, Milk Drink, Rollout and Attract. Not even a higher level Pokemon could beat that beast.

I never had any troubles with Ice Path to be honest. I found it rather easy.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
I've been playing through Gold recently and I've got to say that the most annoying part of the game for me so far has been Will of the Elite Four. I've put 27 hours into the game already somehow and my entire team is in the high 30's and he is just kicking my ass. I either completely lose to him, or get lucky and move onto Koga with 2-3 guys left if I'm lucky.

Years
Honestly, gym leader Blue was annoying. I haven't beat him yet (mostly because I'm too lazy to train my pokemon). All I really have are a LV 49 Typhlosion, LV 50 Ampharos, LV 42 Ho-Oh, and a LV 41 Pinsir.

DusknoirZac

Dusknoir
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
The most annoying part for me, was beating the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town, then having to beat more Rockets at the radio tower.

Pretor54

Dunsparce needs an evo
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
For me, the box system. I had no pokemon friend back then, so I didn't even bother catching everything avaliable in Crystal.
That thing of saving everytime boxes were changed was awful. My boxes weren't and aren't properly organized, not even now.
I have no complaint over Radio Tower, it made me feel like a hero.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Having to catch the legendary dog trio in order to get Ho-oh in Crystal
Whitney and her annoying Miltank
Battling Lance's 3 underleveled dragonites because 2 had thunder wave

Pinta77

I've played and beat Gold and Crystal, never Silver though. Nothing really annoyed me all that much, in fact, I really enjoyed crystal version a lot!!! It was probably the most fun I've ever had playing Pokemon.

The one thing that irritated me though was that I couldn't trade pokemon from crystal to Ruby/Sapphire.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
Whitney's Miltank, Morty's Gengar, the annoying music played in Dragon's Den, accidentally killing off Raikou, the Whirl Islands, the weak replacement of Koga in Fuchsia City... Seriously, that battle was just too much of a breeze.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Whitney's Rollout [hax] Miltank, Jasmine's [hax] Steelix, Snorlax on Route 11, Karen not having Dark-types on her team even though she stated she loved dark types (I know she was limited, but she could of had something else than Vileplume. It looked dark but it's not. Freaking trump card or something...) Lance's farm of Haxonites (Dragonite), getting to the Whirl Islands in all three games, and finding the right island to go through to get to Lugia. Waiting for the Berries/Apricorns to grow back, catching Gyarados at Lake of Rage, Claire not giving me my badge and forcing me to take a test. Oh and Red's Haxachu (Pikachu). Man, those were the days. There's probably more of them, but if I try to think of them, I'll get mad and unleash my rage, like Hugh. XD

Back