• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yay, thanks. n__n It should be up tonight. I'm also trying to finish Gender Discrimination rn so yeah haha. I feel bad that I have to lock all the other gym challenges, but I think one is dead, no one cares about the GSC one, and...no one has even signed up for the DPPt one so eh. Saying that makes me feel better. :P And with my thread, ultimate is possible. n__n Not that I'm gonna do one, but for those that like to.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I prefer challenges that aren't Gen restricted. It makes the challenge more fun and it invites more people to join :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I also prefer challenges that aren't gen-restricted. I just got my Pokemon Black (German version) in the mail, so I'm going to RNG abuse my IDs then do another monotype. Looking at Normal, Fighting, or Flying. Opinions?

11wildy

Me!
Years
OHMYGOD I WAS PLAYING CRYSTAL TODAY AND FOUND A FREAKING SHINY EKANS!!! So shiny, sparkle, and Arbok is awesome!!

As for the gym challenge:
I also prefer all gen challenges. I might join the gym leader challenge sometime! :)

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
GREEN SNAKES! \o/

I started doing a TeamRocket / Giovanni team challenge (team taken from all the games and the manga, because I really wanted a crobat) last week and after trading in a Meowth egg (because i'm playing it on HeartGold) the first pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Sentret.
SO PINK AND STRIPES! She's currently my "HM slave" as Furret so I can keep her along.

Same for the challenge -
I'll join up once I'll finish up my Platinum run. *twitches* Sinnoh....

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Sadly no idea where that is from. No Nickelodeon around here.

It's also sad that Arbok is yellow/gold snake rather than green. Oh well...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I also prefer challenges that aren't gen-restricted. I just got my Pokemon Black (German version) in the mail, so I'm going to RNG abuse my IDs then do another monotype. Looking at Normal, Fighting, or Flying. Opinions?
I say Normal type. Get yourself a Stoutland, soldier!

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Yeah, I learned that once on Emerald playthrough.
Zigzagoon with Surf. I wasn't expecting it... my poor Nosepass...

Also they seem to learn all the bolts/beams for elemental things. Some even with Psychic. o.o I should really try once to go all Normal.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I learned that once on Emerald playthrough.
Zigzagoon with Surf. I wasn't expecting it... my poor Nosepass...

Also they seem to learn all the bolts/beams for elemental things. Some even with Psychic. o.o I should really try once to go all Normal.

Yep, they've been the most diverse pokemon since the beginning. Makes up for them not being SE against anything.

11wildy

Me!
Years
GREEN SNAKES! \o/

I started doing a TeamRocket / Giovanni team challenge (team taken from all the games and the manga, because I really wanted a crobat) last week and after trading in a Meowth egg (because i'm playing it on HeartGold) the first pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Sentret.
SO PINK AND STRIPES! She's currently my "HM slave" as Furret so I can keep her along.

[/SUB]

I've decided to keep the Ekans on my team, even though it's fighting monotype. :P One of my own rules is that I can always use random shinies^^ Since they are so rare anyway

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
My darling shiny Furret, Innis, just became part of Hall of Fame at level 16. She dodged a Dragon Tail Dragon Rush from Lance. Like a boss. o-o I had to toss her in to revive my Persian for a flinch to stop an Outrage Blizzard.

I honestly did not expect getting through the League with a bunch of level 41-44's.
Slow Gyarados + Avalanche + positive Attack nature = Oh my god you...

Edit: Just re-read that with thought. lol, what I meant to write was Dragon Tail -> Dragon Rush (inaccuracte move is inaccurate) and Blizzard. All the Dragonites in that fight with similar move sets. And this was an hour or two after I beat Clair, who does use Dragon Tail a lot... hrrr....

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Segment the Shiny Arbok is AWE-SOME! Way better than expected, having the strongest attack on the team, as well as having great stats overall. I love her!<3 beat Clair's Kingdra EASILY, just a few Sludge Bombs. Never had such an easy Claire battle.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Alright, I'm gonna try to monotype Conquest. I already tried to on the hardest storyline in the game and lost, like 4 times. So I'm trying a mid-difficulty one now. Hope this works!

Rule: Must invade other kingdoms with the monotype team

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So... The Location Challenge hasn't been updated since February 11th but the person who started the thread is still active :C

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
means they're just busy. when the owner's been missing, then you get to start worrying xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back