• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Easiest Gym Leader

Easiest Kanto Gym Leader

• Total voters

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I saw a post about who was the hardest gym leader so i thought that a thread about who was the easiest will be good too.
For me, Erika was the easiest. I just had to battle with either Charizard or Pidgeot and there was no losing possible. It was so easy! Now what about you guys?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say Blaine. Because by the time you get to him, you already got a water Pokemon and your Pokemon are high leveled so even if it's a grass type, you wouldn't have trouble beating him.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Erika too! My Charizard KO'd her team. It was soooooo easy. Add a poll for this thread.

Years
As long as you have a moderately trained Bulbasaur or Squirtle, Brock is incredibly easy to get by, since you've got the type advantage over relatively low-leveled Pokemon. I've always found Blaine easy, too, but I'd still have to say it was much easier to get by Brock.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Brock was always the ultimate pushover. I always picked Squirtle to start and always trained a Caterpi into a Butterfree. So, it was way too easy.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Brock, regardless of whatever starter you choose, you will stomp him in ease.

Well, unless you're playing Yellow.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
Brock is easiest to beat, whichever Starter you choose, Bulbasaur with Vine Whip, Squirtle with Bubble, and Charmander with METAL CLAW! And he has only 2 Pokémon. =/

satotaku

Generation 1's last hope
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Poor brock lol he's abit too easy though if you chose Squirtle you're set.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
If I started out with Squirtle, Brock tends to be the easiest because of the type advantage, but he's pretty easy no matter which starter I choose (thanks to charmander learning metal claw), but if I choose charmander Erika becomes a cakewalk.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I can't even vote because I've beaten them so many times that I don't have an issue with them anymore.

The one time though I battled Blaine with Arcanine at level 38 and all Blaine did was use fire moves, so Arcanine got stronger every turn...took out Blaine with an Arcanine at level 38, no damage. Easiest battle ever I guess.

Years
Personally, I think Brock. He's easy if you picked Bulbasaur or Squirtle but even if you choose Charmander you can catch Mankey nearby whose Fighting-type attacks also do the job well.

Evey

Female Red
Years
Erikas the easiest for me since I chose Charmander. But if you choose Squirtle or Bulbasaur then probably Brock or Giovanni are the easiest. Misty is also pretty easy for Bulbasaur-choosers. Squirtles kill Blaine and Charmanders burn Koga. Lt. Surge is dangerous generally but especially to Squirtle-ppls. Honestly its all about whatever starter you choose and the type of pokemon you train. However, leaders like Sabrina are pretty well-rounded I guess..

Back