• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Great job on the hack! This storyline is so good that it is even comparable to Pokemon Brown! I've reached the part where I'm supposed to catch Entei, and I can't wait for Beta 4 to finish that part. The biggest critique I have about this hack is the bad grammar, and there are so many mistakes that I reel every time Team Steam talks to me. I'd be willing to help you correct the grammar if I knew how to hack roms xD
However, since you are not a native English speaker, kudos to you on making such a great hack. It was VERY enjoyable other than the bad grammar.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I've reached the part where I'm supposed to catch Entei, and I can't wait for Beta 4 to finish that part. The biggest critique I have about this hack is the bad grammar, and there are so many mistakes that I reel every time Team Steam talks to me. I'd be willing to help you correct the grammar if I knew how to hack roms xD
However, since you are not a native English speaker, kudos to you on making such a great hack. It was VERY enjoyable other than the bad grammar.

Oh my goodness. Why do people always play the old version instead of the new version? It's really outdated. Tell you what. Grammar correcting services are not needed because the Hack is now in a very different language - Portuguese. And there's no such thing as "Beta 4". The final version of Beta 3 is now being worked on. And I can assure you, such things like "bad grammar" will not exist in this Hack as long as I'm here.

If I were you don't use Google translate. It doesn't really translate 100 % foreign languages.

Is it even possible to NOT use Google translator?
I don't think so, because Portuguese is a language that I never learnt.
I know how to speak three languages (Cantonese, Putonghua/Mandarin and English) and write in two languages (Chinese and English).

If I don't understand the English text, I'll translate the original text to Chinese instead. Most of the time, when text are translated to Chinese, it's accurate and understandable.

I think TM40 Flyning is Flying since he write Flying-type as Flynning

What the hell is "Flynning"? The only word I can think of is Float.

It's Wesley's choice ;) And I think it's nice name for an attack ;)

Not really. Anyways, the move is supposed to be "Flamethrower".

But they suck ;) Would you like to read comments "I can't patch this! Tell me how to do it! I wanna play this awesome hack!"

Of course not. And yeah, UPS patches suck.

Who would have thought of different language...? =)

What about Chinese?

Last edited:
Years
The female sprite is not Dawn? aw.... What about the starters? Are they gonna be torchic and so on? Or are they gonna be Turtwig, piplup.....?

What about Chinese?[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone would even be playing it if its in chinese. well, maybe some. English is easier to understand.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Oh my goodness. Why do people always play the old version instead of the new version? It's really outdated. Tell you want. Grammar correcting services are not needed because the Hack is now in a very different language - Porteguese. And there's no such thing as "Beta 4". The final version of Beta 3 is now being worked on. And I can assure you, such things like "bad grammar" will not exist in this Hack as long as I'm here.

Maybe I got mixed up with another hack I'm playing. I meant Beta 3, sorry D:
And I played the Beta 2 English version...that's the latest one, isn't it? o-o

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The female sprite is not Dawn? aw.... What about the starters? Are they gonna be torchic and so on? Or are they gonna be Turtwig, piplup.....?

Me said:
What about Chinese?

I doubt anyone would even be playing it if its in chinese. well, maybe some. English is easier to understand.

First of all, the female sprite is a newly made heroine called Sophia.
And the starters are Cyndaquil, Totodile and Chikorita.

And about the "Chinese" stuff, it's only a joke, Martin.

Maybe I got mixed up with another hack I'm playing. I meant Beta 3, sorry D:
And I played the Beta 2 English version...that's the latest one, isn't it? o-o

Yup. The new Beta 2 is indeed the lastest version.
I admit, there are minor grammar errors referring to word "a" being incorrectly used. It should be a "an" word instead.

For example, when it should be "An important building", I typed it as "A important building".

(I translated that a year ago, and by now, my English skills have improved.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Light platinum

Can't wait for this hack it look great is this the final one or beta 3 because i have beta 2 and i can;t leave a certain town

Years
Great work Wesley! I'm very proud of you for putting a lot of work in to this hack. I hope one day I can do the same and follow your foot steps. You're an inspiration to us all, and you should be proud! I wish you the best and I hope to play the final beta soon. Also, I'd like to say I love the updates. :)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Congratz on getting to the final round of hack of the year! Best of luck on the final round!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
man i know that you do a lot of hard work but plz try this final beta doesnt be like the brevious pokemon light platinum that was incomplete.

That will never happen. If Wesley promised us that he'll release it in December, he'll do it.

Can't wait for this hack it look great is this the final one or beta 3 because i have beta 2 and i can;t leave a certain town

The upcoming version is the final version. Beta 2 ends in that "certain town", which is, a town called Darkdusk City to be exact.

it seems like a cant play it a downloaded the rom and a have visual boy advance is der anything else i need 2 play?

Can you clearly elaborate your question? I don't understand.

Years
First of all, the female sprite is a newly made heroine called Sophia.
And the starters are Cyndaquil, Totodile and Chikorita.

And about the "Chinese" stuff, it's only a joke, Martin.

Phew....glad i didnt piss you off this time...lol. Anyway, i still have one final question, i was wondering whether the pokedex will be fixed in the new beta. cause the old one was all messed up. it was still 300+ instead of 400+. some old pokemons in the pokedex were replaced with the new one.

Years
I wonder how we'll be able to get the other starters like Kanto's, Hoenn's, Sinnoh's and maybe Unova's of they're in the game. Seeing the Sarcastic Prince is making a hard X version I will make a easy version with the same difficulty as Platinum, with level 60's aftergame like in B/W. Also meaning some things like Jessica using Lv. 12 Spinarak, Esmeralda using LV. 22 Grotle, Lucas using Lv. 26 Seadra, etc.

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Wait, Im a little confused.
I havent been on Pokecommunity for a long time because I was pretty busy.
So I started Ver2 10mins ago, and I Just read here that the final version is coming in Dec.
I assume the final version will be Portugese and It'll take a few days/weeks to be translated, so is LP coming out in the beginning of Dec or near the end?

I also read that Feebas evolves by level here, what level is that?

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2011
thx for the great work guys! really appreciate it
i hav been waiting for the final released for some times already. ive finished the beta2 and have nothing to do but leveling up my fellow pokemons.

heh, btw i am wondering how can i know what Wesley has changed the ways of evolution of some pokemons. for example like Goldbat evolving to Crobat needs trading, but this light platinum don hav trading right? so yeah, how can i know?

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2011
Golbat never needed to be traded to evolve. You just had to raise it's happiness...
But I agree, list of new methods of evolving pokemon could come in hand!

thx! completely forgot about that. btw i think this hack hasn't changed the evolution via happiness hasn't it?
also there's the day-night evolution as well in the case of eevee.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

But I agree, list of new methods of evolving pokemon could come in hand!

Yes, I'll change the evolution methods of some Pokémon, for example,
Feebas evolves in Lv. 25; Eevee can evolve into Espeon by using a Sun Stone, et cetra. Anyways, a complete list of new evolution methods will be listed on the 1st page when the translation of the final Beta 3 is completed.

Anyway, i still have one final question, i was wondering whether the pokedex will be fixed in the new beta. cause the old one was all messed up. it was still 300+ instead of 400+. some old pokemons in the pokedex were replaced with the new one.

Oh yes, it'll be fixed. The descriptions about the Sinnoh Pokémon will be changed to D/P/P descriptions. We'll be sure to edit the Pokédex if Wesley is too lazy to edit it.

Wait, Im a little confused.
I havent been on Pokecommunity for a long time because I was pretty busy.
So I started Ver2 10mins ago, and I Just read here that the final version is coming in Dec.
I assume the final version will be Portugese and It'll take a few days/weeks to be translated, so is LP coming out in the beginning of Dec or near the end?

I also read that Feebas evolves by level here, what level is that?

That is unknown, because Wesley said that he would releasing it in December, and he didn't say anything about a release date.

Feebas evolves in Lv. 25

SP: Chinese? No ;) I prefer Japanese :)
Of course Chinese is nice as well :)

Don't mention about Japanese, I hate it very much.

I wonder how we'll be able to get the other starters like Kanto's, Hoenn's, Sinnoh's and maybe Unova's of they're in the game. Seeing the Sarcastic Prince is making a hard X version I will make a easy version with the same difficulty as Platinum, with level 60's aftergame like in B/W. Also meaning some things like Jessica using Lv. 12 Spinarak, Esmeralda using LV. 22 Grotle, Lucas using Lv. 26 Seadra, etc.

Actually, the easy version is not necessary because the original version is the easy version. As for the starters, I'll put them in certain routes but they are REALLY rare...

Last edited:
Back