• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Making Software

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
Producing music isn't exactly easy, you have to really know what you're doing or you'll be completely lost. I'm an audio engineer so if you have any questions on producing don't hesitate to ask. But as for a software I'd go with what the previous person said, it's probably the best free software for what you'll be doing. Anything better and more advanced would require dropping funds, but you shouldn't need anything more advanced unless you were making beats or something of the sort.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
I'm an amateur remixer/composer on YouTube, and I use a software called FL Studio for the PC. Making music is one thing, producing and mastering is a whole other level, one where I'm still learning and experiencing with. Would like to learn more.

Once you have Black and White soundfonts (easily found, just download them), then you can begin to sequence and mimic their style by importing some midi files.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
Yeah I definitely agree with ^. Making music is pretty basic but mixing and mastering is very intricate and there's so many techniques and different ways to approach them. Your best bet OP is once you get what you want layed out and put together where it's ready to be mixed and mastered is to render each individually and let me do it with the proper plugins since I as well use FL Studio which is an advanced producing DAW, it wont cost you anything haha.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Thanks everyone! I highly appreciate you help! I know a little bit about composition because I play the cello, but I haven't actually tried it before. I'll let you know if I need any help.;)

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
Np! But digital/electronic composition is nothing like playing an musical instrument. You gotta know music theory to do anything with digital composition. You gotta know how to draw the notes with the proper timing and which key the notes should be in, looping, patterning, etc as well. Not to mention the mixing and mastering part which is just as important as the music itself. But good luck man! If this is something you're serious about remember it's all about trial and error so don't give up, you'll eventually get it but it will definitely take some time for there's a learning curve to it. I've been doing this for about 5-6 years and still don't know everything yet but I know many techniques.

Back