• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
In Black, I came across a shiny Boldore one day in Victory Road. I caught and evolved it. It looks so awesome as a Gilgalith! :D

I have yet to come across any wild shinies in my Black 2.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I haven't come across a shiny in Black 2 yet, but in my White 2 version I came across a shiny Drifblim while training and caught it.
Then the very next day in the same area found a shiny lunatone and caught it.
xD
I've traded for a few shinies though, but those are the only two I've found and caught on my own.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Not encountered any shiny in Black 2 yet :( (I've only ever had 2, I caught a tentacool, one of my least favourite pokemon and I was traded a shiny Eevee in Diamond). But I'm still hopeful!

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
My Shiny Rattata... in Castelia Sewers. With Hugh as your partner. Exactly where Hugh KOed a Shiny Rattata on my friend's Black 2 run-through. I feel blessed.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I've got the shiny Gible that Benga gives you in Black 2. I also have a shiny Gyarados transferred from Soulsilver, and a hacked shiny Regirock I got from some random guy. (Don't ask)

I am currently using the Masuda Method to try and get me a shiny Golett. I'm breeding a Japanese Ditto with a Golurk from my game. Still no luck, unfortunately, but I'm hoping for that 1 in 1000-ish chance.

I got the shiny Dratini that Benga gives you in White 2, green Dragonite is way suckier than orange Dragonite, but eh, it's a Shiny!
I also found a wild Boldore that I trade back and forth with my friend so it would turn into a SHINY GIGALITH!

I found a shiny Sigilyph as well! Except it used whirlwind...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My only shiny was a shiny Audino in Black 2. I was just going about on one of my normal mass Audino hunting sessions when suddenly PURPLEAUDINOMGOMGOMG. <3

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I haven't seen a wild shiny Pokemon in any of my games since Sapphire, years ago =/ I don't really have the patience to actually go looking but I guess it's just not going to happen.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i was just training my chimchar and then i randomly came across a shiny patrat, so lucky right?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
My only shiny was a shiny Audino in Black 2. I was just going about on one of my normal mass Audino hunting sessions when suddenly PURPLEAUDINOMGOMGOMG. <3

inorite, I love my Shiny Nanmeouie !

37_nanmeouie.png

Also, what happens if you find a Shiny in a Double Wild Battle? You're screwed, right lol since you can't catch Pokemon in a Double Battle.

CM Ryder

Raimei no Yusha
Years
Also, what happens if you find a Shiny in a Double Wild Battle? You're screwed, right lol since you can't catch Pokemon in a Double Battle.

You can. You just have to defeat the non-shiny Pokémon, then you're free to catch the shiny.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Does anyone have a shiny Growlithe they are looking to trade?
Someone in the Trade Corner might have one. I personally have only two of my own from the wild, those being Nincada and Audino. Everything else of mine is Event or Trade, and no Growlithe.

Cyclone

Years
Someone in the Trade Corner might have one. I personally have only two of my own from the wild, those being Nincada and Audino. Everything else of mine is Event or Trade, and no Growlithe.

Cyclone

Without cheats i have only caught/seen 4 shinies. A shiny geodude in silver, a shiny yanma in silver, a shiny ponyta in diamond, (i lost my diamond:/) and a Shiny pikachu in SS
Edit: Sorry I should read the first post... anyways I have not seen any shinies in black 2 :(

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I've caught 3 non-programmed shinies so far in white 2! My first two were amoonguss and lunatone which I weren't too thrilled about... but I just got absol and it makes up for two not exciting (for me, sorry if you like them!) shinies as it's one of my favorite pokemon. ^___^;

Spoiler:

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue and I don't think I've ever found one shiny haha. The only ones I've ever had were traded/made for me.

So nope, nothing in W2/B2

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
In Black 2 and White 2, I have not run into any shinies, but in Black 2, I traded for both a shiny Audino and a shiny Pawinard, both female.

Back