• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Kanto should be a breeze, right? All you really have to do is change dialogue and trainer's lineups, and a few remaps, right? The entire area is already put together, so it should only be little while before the complete beta is released? I can't wait.

I think that Zel will be adding some new events (if possible) into Kanto, and if he's gonna change all the tiles of SG, then development will still take some time. Plus there's all the glitch-fixing to be done. The recent beta should occupy you enough anyway, but it'll be nice to see what suprises Zel has installed for us all... :D

Who cares if this is my 500th post? No one! But I do! :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2007
Ok. I'm jus thinking, I'm not sure if it works this way, but if he simply changes the source tiles that are already loaded, wouldn't that be a nearly instantaneous change? Just wondering if this programming works this way..
I'm not a scripter, but I have a general idea of how things work. It's only a casual understanding at best. Anyways, all the best luck to you! Can't wait until the complete beta comes out!

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
Hey Zel, are you using specific places for pokemon based on pokemon gold (original), also please refer to the first post on this page

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2007
Wait..

WHen he says ALL the pokemon will be available, does that mean:
Jirachi
Deoxys
Celebi???
MEW???
Yeah, it's a dumb question, but I don't want to have shark my cart to complete my dex. I want legit Pokemon. This game might as well be considered legit, right? If it can trade without problems to the other games, why not, right??
AHHH!! I am definitely going to buy a flash cart to put this on!!

Oh, just a suggestion, why not put in a way to obtain the Eon and Aurora Tickets, as well as the Old Sea map?? I know it goes against your idea that you didn't want to be dependent on other games to obtain all pokemon, but this game could be used to help other people get those pokemon! I mean, to be able to get those items like that, it's tons better than resorting to a Gameshark!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Well, obviously. :P :D If someone says you can have a gallin of icecream, and they give you a 3 quarts of icecream, you got ripped off. Weird example, but it works. :D

He said(Zel) that Mew and Jirachi will be in an event together...and well, see for yourself.

Gen1 - Mewtwo (through event), Mew (event related with Jirachi)
Gen2 - Raikou/Entei/Suicune (running wild, perhaps? If not, then, remove them from the list till I think something), Lugia/Ho-oh (as in the original Gold), Celebii (with GS Ball)
Gen3 - theRegis (finding them in caves scattered around Kanto), Kyogre/Groudon (through events), Jirachi (event related with Mew)

That was quoted from his post on page 79.

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
neo2tw0.png
I like that you changed the colors, it makes your game look more unique as you said. But, the colors are too gray and make the maps look dull.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
WHen he says ALL the pokemon will be available, does that mean:
Jirachi
Deoxys
Celebi???
MEW???
Yeah, it's a dumb question, but I don't want to have shark my cart to complete my dex. I want legit Pokemon. This game might as well be considered legit, right? If it can trade without problems to the other games, why not, right??
AHHH!! I am definitely going to buy a flash cart to put this on!!

Oh, just a suggestion, why not put in a way to obtain the Eon and Aurora Tickets, as well as the Old Sea map?? I know it goes against your idea that you didn't want to be dependent on other games to obtain all pokemon, but this game could be used to help other people get those pokemon! I mean, to be able to get those items like that, it's tons better than resorting to a Gameshark!!

Ok i think your worrying about that a little too much, yes zel is going to add all the legends, theres no need for those tickets, since zel will make events for all them. yeah the pokemon you catch are legit in the hack, but if you trade it to FR, then it wouldn't exactly be legit. If do you use cheats in the hack, some might mess up the scripts, and get Missingno. errors, best to avoid cheating.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
ohh thanks coz last time i couldnt get there and i thought u had it done and stuff but no i now i have finished the hack 4 times hehe

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Ok i think your worrying about that a little too much, yes zel is going to add all the legends, theres no need for those tickets, since zel will make events for all them. yeah the pokemon you catch are legit in the hack, but if you trade it to FR, then it wouldn't exactly be legit. If do you use cheats in the hack, some might mess up the scripts, and get Missingno. errors, best to avoid cheating.

To add on to what Shurikenway said (well actually just clarify) GameShark found those codes and they work specificly for the events happening in FR. Since zel being the great scripter he is, makes a whole bunch of new scripts which are not compatible with GameShark's codes for FR. Cheating, though supposed to be good, might completely screw up your game, every pokemon in this game is fully obtainable, so there really is no need for cheats. Avoid cheating, not just because zel doesn't like it, but because cheating will backfire for SG.

Happy totally-legit-non-cheated playing!

EDIT: In both times I played SG, I never went to catch Ho-Oh! Gotta go do that now!

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
wow i visist the pokecommunity forums every day and i alwas check this thread and there are about 6 pages i gotta read looks like sombodies getting popular! *points at zel*

About the tiles i agree with most people saying there gloomy but they are still very cool and well done. And if i hated tile changing i wouldnt do it AGAIN after making a perfectly good set.

Excellent hack as always Zel keep up the good work.

P.S: Gongrats to Goku Goku on his 500th post!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Even if most of the tiles are more gloomier then others, its not going to affect the hack that bad, in matter fact i believe the opposite, reason of course, is that zel doesnt want a make his all pretty fancy with lots of tiles pleasing to eye like other hacks do. For it this hack will stand out more then the rest, thus making it even more popular for sure. So maybe leave the tiles the way there are. Did any us even try the new beta, of course not, so how do we know if its good or bad, to have the new tile set?

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
I think I found a glitch.
After I beat Carlos in Ecruteak city,I go to the Tin Tower.When I talk to the sage,he said me have a Rainbow Wing and left(of course I haven't got the Rainbow Wing).

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
I think I have found a glitch.
After I beat Carlos in Ecruteak city,I go to the Tin Tower.When I talk to the sage,he said me have a Rainbow Wing and left(of course I haven't got the Rainbow Wing).
EDIT:Sorry for double post,my computer have gone crazy today

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
i like the tiles, makes the game look a bit darker

dark and mysterious is better than all bright colours :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hehe... Whenever I go to Uni, I know the next day I'll have a lot of work to do replying... lol :P

Ready...? GO!

hey zel, i was wandering, do you have any idea about what your going to do with red yet? i.e. team change, name change
also are you thinking on doing a real tornament after or before you face red, kinda like in the anime?

Red will be exactly the same as when you battled in the original Gold (unless you're playing SGX, in which case, his lineup should be even better)

Anyway, Zel, I respect your decision. If you ever change your mind or need anything, give me a holler.

OK, thanks and sorry for decling on the offer. At least, maybe you'll be making other hackers happy! ^-^

could some one tell me in a pm where to get the treeko?

If you haven't got a PM from someone else, you're free to PM me.

If you are building Johto off of the Sevii islands, does that mean they are actually all linked? By linked, I mean with a walk through walls cheat you could get from an island to Kanto. Because if not, how will you connect Kanto to Johto? Will you have a construct a warp in the river? One of the reasons I despise any types of scripting; they're so confusing...:P (I'm addicted to HTML however, go figure :D ) I wish I could hack easier with a Mac...oh well! Good luck, Zel.

Maps get connected using Advance Map, so if you walk through walls you'd be switching from route to route as long as there is a connection (which, since the maps are done on the islands, you'd be switching between places in the islands, much like it happens without cheating, anyway)
And, thus, Johto connects to Kanto using the classic Route, which, in the end, when you get to the warp to that building that goes to Victory Road, if you use the other exits you would show up at Mt.Silver, or... magically at the Route to the left of Viridian (which means, finally... Kanto!)

Kanto should be a breeze, right? All you really have to do is change dialogue and trainer's lineups, and a few remaps, right? The entire area is already put together, so it should only be little while before the complete beta is released? I can't wait.

No way it's gonna be a breeze. Some people have already seen that the maps for Kanto have been severely damaged with some tile changing. So, I'll need to fix the mapping. But, anyway, I want the maps look more like in Gold, than in FR.

Hey Zel, are you using specific places for pokemon based on pokemon gold (original), also please refer to the first post on this page

Of course, so any guide for Gold will help you finding pokemon. I also use this chance to say that Silver guides for poke encounters would help also from now on, since I'm putting the Silver exclusives in the same places as they did in Silver!

No... "a hack is not a way to cheat, it's just a way to play a new game"

Also, there's no reason to put the Tickets (I'm lying... if I were to edit them to give them a new function in SG, and you trade a poke holding that edited item, when it gets to another FR, it would become the Ticket... So, there you have it cheater! :P)

I like that you changed the colors, it makes your game look more unique as you said. But, the colors are too gray and make the maps look dull.

Yes, but still, I like the uniqueness, many hacks went for the "cheerful theme", I wouldn't know which kind of palettes to use to differ from them... I may try something, but not if it'd mean a general change. (Don't forget that everything looks a bit "off" now, which is the effect I wanted, in the first place)

Also... Maybe all of us got used to Nintendo's cheerful palletes? Well... give mine a chance! XD

I think I found a glitch.

Weird... I'll see...

Well... I'm hungry... Not that you'd care... XP I'll get back to hack after lunch... See ya later people!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
*hands Zel a cookie* Filling, no? It's chocolate chip, straight from the oven! :D

( :: )

Anyways, which new legendaries are going to be in B4?
Lugia, because you get the silver feather in Pewter city, right?

Do you plan on any else? Or are they going to be in the end?

I don't think he will change the tiles any time soon (or ever), so stop asking.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
I think catching Lugia should be different. I don't want it to be just catch Lugia then go kick Red's butt. I think you should have to catch the other three legendary birds then catch lugia after a series of trainer battles maybe. I really don't want Kanto to be boring like in the original.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Anyways, which new legendaries are going to be in B4?
Lugia, because you get the silver feather in Pewter city, right?

Do you plan on any else? Or are they going to be in the end?

Legendaries, there will be one more for B4 (because, as I said there'll be events mid-game, some even in parts that were in the previous Betas, because I'm just following the story, but the extras come later)
Do you want to know which? It'll be the elusive Celebii... Yes... Because I got the idea on how to get the GS-Ball, if you want a spoiler...

Spoiler:

And, another thing, I played again with the grass palettes, maybe this one will be more like you are wanting to see (it still has some "opaque" feel, even though not as much as before :() So, is this better?

neoneo1om0.png

Since playing that much with the graphical part annoys me a bit, it'll have be this one, or the other one. Not any other option!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back